PDA

View Full Version : About the spamming in the misc forum.

The SlaYeR
Nov 16, 2004, 03:16 PM
It would be nice if something was done about this. Like deleting posts that already have been made dozens of times. Or just deleting posts that are very much of topic. Just a suggestion.

Tubz
Nov 16, 2004, 04:35 PM
Erm, nevermind, talked with F.Quist, and decided....I should just edit my post.

Stijn
Nov 17, 2004, 05:40 AM
Not posting is not the same as not visiting.

But I don't really care about the spam. EXCEPT WHEN NINJAJAZZ POSTS ANOTHER POLL

NinJazz
Nov 17, 2004, 06:20 AM
I knew that thread about spamming will always contain word ninjajazz...

Tubz
Nov 17, 2004, 09:53 AM
Or Tublear. After all, I am the #1 spammer. WOO HOO! Party time!

#1 Stunna/Stunner aka #1 Spammer

The SlaYeR
Nov 17, 2004, 01:38 PM
I have already talked to F.Quist about this, and this is what he said, you either put up or you leave the boards. I could have said that, much more harshly, but I would get edited, and you probably know what I would say anyway. But if you don't believe me, wait for him to post on the matter. I don't see how you would really care that much, when you barely post.

I do not post much? It might seem that way because i nearly spam.
And the rest of everything i post is to hard for you to understand which is why you forget about it easily and thus think i hardly ever post.

Tubz
Nov 17, 2004, 02:31 PM
Too hard for me to understand, bad excuse and furthermore, totally wrong.

FQuist
Nov 17, 2004, 03:38 PM
No-one should be told by a board member to put up or leave. It's incredibly arrogant and is not something board members are mandated to say. Furthermore, thank you for editing the out the made up quote, Tublear. I must stress to the rest of the board members that read the pre-edit post that I never said any such thing or anything that comes close as was claimed.

If you consider yourself the #1 spammer Tublear, I advise you to look into your ways. Nobody should pride himself in such a tag.

Tubz
Nov 17, 2004, 03:46 PM
Erm, F.Quist, I already edited my post. And furthermore, I am not going to look at my ways, I took your first advice, I'm not going tot take my second advice. I seriously don't care if I am the #1 spammer, instead of always getting angry, I'm going to take it lighthearted. I am changing the way I post a little bit, byt the ways I said I spammed, but if I am still a spammer, then so be it, I could care less.

Finally, this is my final thought on the topic. I won't change my opinion again. Report something to an moderator if you consider it spam, or take it up with them. Only they can really judge what is and is not spam, because they make the final call on whether something should be edited or deleted, that's what I think.

Spam is barely edited, if spam is really really bad, then it is edited or deleted, as I've noticed.

The SlaYeR
Nov 17, 2004, 03:51 PM
I think we all have the freedom and right to judge what is spam and what isn't sir.

Tubz
Nov 17, 2004, 05:11 PM
Erm, yeah, but we don't have the final call sir.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Nov 17, 2004, 07:44 PM
However the administration has chosen at this time to basically be very relaxed about spam and to let users moderate their own content. We really hope that self moderation can stay in place but this requires users to think about the general appeal and similarity of other threads existing before creating a new thread.

The SlaYeR
Nov 18, 2004, 02:41 AM
Which isn't working but thanks for taking your time to read this Bob.

NinJazz
Nov 18, 2004, 05:16 AM
go check my new poll about spamming!

Stijn
Nov 18, 2004, 05:31 AM
In the case of Ninjajazz the self-moderation is obviously not working. Please give him a warning or a ban or something if he doesn't stop. I have nothing against a little spam but a poll about something totally uninteresting every day is really anoying.

NinJazz
Nov 18, 2004, 07:23 AM
! hey! I am not so bad, I am gonna stop the spam, because this days polls went too far, even I admit it now... and in fear FQuist bans me, I stop the HUGE spamming, nobody minds if I still continue my little spam???

cooba
Nov 18, 2004, 07:41 AM
I stop the HUGE spamming, nobody minds if I still continue my little spam???Do not spam in any way. k? k.

NinJazz
Nov 18, 2004, 08:33 AM
hmm... I must think about that :p... ok, sending multiple replies to one topic when the replies are logic and talking about topic-kind things it is all right?

Tubz
Nov 18, 2004, 08:43 AM
^^^

Yeah, but not useless topics and polls, that are obviously saying that "I am Spam."

Link
Nov 18, 2004, 12:20 PM
Would thread ratings help at all? Users could rate threads and people might be discouraged from posting spam because it would get rated low.

cooba
Nov 18, 2004, 12:23 PM
And some n00bs would rate threads 0 because there were no info they searched for... blah.

Derby
Nov 18, 2004, 12:31 PM
The thread rating system would work efficiently only if completely objective users would use them.

Tubz
Nov 18, 2004, 12:53 PM
No I don't like thread rating, I think It's stupid. I never cared about it, when it did exist.