PDA

View Full Version : How do u Talk in the game

LedZep123
Dec 8, 2004, 01:49 PM
by the name u can probably answer my question how or what do u do to talk to some 1 when playin in the net.

Violet CLM
Dec 8, 2004, 01:51 PM
Press the "T" key, type in your message, and press enter.
(This should probably be added to the FAQ. I'll attend to it shortly.)

Hazel-rah
Dec 8, 2004, 01:52 PM
by the name u can probably answer my question how or what do u do to talk to some 1 when playin in the net.

Press 'T'. Type a message, and push enter. If you need to quickly get back to moving hit the 'ESC' key. People in JJ2 don't care if you're talking. You're toast. :)

LedZep123
Dec 8, 2004, 02:31 PM
y Thnx guys

Odin
Dec 8, 2004, 02:47 PM
Good job at not reading the manual.

LedZep123
Dec 8, 2004, 04:07 PM
i didnt read the manual (-)
i dont have one

Hazel-rah
Dec 8, 2004, 04:13 PM
LedZep123 - 1
Odin - 0

I believe Epic used to have versions you could download rather than have on disc. Downside is you don't get any packaging. Upside is you immediately get to play. Not sure, though...

Tubz
Dec 8, 2004, 04:15 PM
Hold shift as you press t, and release to talk with colors. Keep shift held and keep pressing | (above the \ key) to cycle through the color.

Erm, there is an annoying text bug. And sometimes when you talk and press enter, your line that you typed is erased. Just keep note of that, if you wonder why that happens.

Radium
Dec 8, 2004, 04:21 PM
Hold shift as you press t, and release to talk with colors.
Er... no. Capital T is Team Chat, which is supposed to make you talk only with your team in CTF but doesn't always work.

Tubz
Dec 8, 2004, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure exactly how it works, for team chat in CTF. But I believe it only works for the blue team. Ok what I meant to say is, do the shift | thing, when you have already pressed t, to start talking.

Violet CLM
Dec 8, 2004, 04:52 PM
When you press Shift+T instead of T, you are only sending messages to other players with the same (#%2) as yourself. So, if you're the server, team chat will communicate with players 3, 5, 7 and so on, regardless of their actual team. The original article explaining Team Chat can be found here (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/articles/view.php?articleID=28).
As for the text disappearing bug... that happens if you're backspacing an old message, backspace past the first character, and then try to type a new message instead of just pressing Esc and T.

Newspaz
Dec 8, 2004, 05:08 PM
The Pause/Break key will give you god mode in multiplayer.

Odin
Dec 8, 2004, 05:18 PM
LedZep123 - 1
Odin - 0

I believe Epic used to have versions you could download rather than have on disc. Downside is you don't get any packaging. Upside is you immediately get to play. Not sure, though...
<LedZep123... like 'sxycuteprincess127634', but without the cliches>
LedZep123 recently asked for a new copy of JJ2. This rules out the 'downloadable product' route you suggest.

Therefore, I have reason to believe he got JJ2 by way of warez.

Finally, note that your system of charting down what I post and giving me a score is rude and childish, not to mention it seems like you're obsessed with my posts.

Alex
Dec 9, 2004, 12:19 PM
The Pause/Break key will give you god mode in multiplayer.
is that really true? (/me don't think so)

NinJazz
Dec 9, 2004, 08:24 PM
press t key, but make sure that you your caps lock is not ON, btw, you knew already that press caps lock on you run automatically?

Spotty
Dec 10, 2004, 06:45 PM
is that really true? (/me don't think so)

It does the next best thing =)

Brian
Dec 20, 2004, 10:05 AM
Is it a bad thing if my first thought was: "I use full sentences, with proper grammar (to the best of my ability)," instead of "well, first you press T..." ?