PDA

View Full Version : Somthing... new?

n0
Jan 10, 2005, 09:13 PM
I just found somthing kinda trippy.

Take a tree/pole object, and place it in the middle of nowhere, where it won't touch anything. Then shoot it. If you are running at 70FPS, it should start spinning, and then spin faster then 70FPS, meaning it looks as if it is spinning backwards, then it keeps spinning. Make sure you have a solid colored background, as it is easier to watch that way.

Also, if you place somthing like this

______
| |
Masked
|____|______
| |
|pole|
|____|

and shoot the pole from the left, gravity works backwards... hard to explain, just try it.

And finally, if you try somthing like above, but with the masked being a destruct senery thats animation is,
|unmasked|Masked|whatever|
then shoot the pole, wait for a bit, and then shoot the senery, the pole bounces around crazy.

Just thought you guys might want to know.

`N0

Stijn
Jan 10, 2005, 10:06 PM
Old :P

Violet CLM
Jan 10, 2005, 11:21 PM
This is kind of old. I remember being startled by it when I was new to the game. On the other hand, you seem to have done more experimentation with it than I've seen before, so yay.

LittleFreak
Jan 11, 2005, 05:10 AM
I did not hear of this, sounds cool. I'm too lazy to try it myself, do you have an example level? :-)

Fawriel
Jan 11, 2005, 09:24 AM
Nice..

DoubleGJ
Jan 12, 2005, 02:20 AM
JSZ_sPaZ did something like that in one of his not uploaded levels. All of this that you said.

Lark
Jan 16, 2005, 08:37 AM
I had tried the thing where you make the pole spin around and around once a long time ago. What's really fun is to put no background whatsoever in the level and then do it. Kind of like Spin-Art.

nobody
Jan 20, 2005, 03:08 AM
Hey, I'm another Nobody!

But back to that thing. Never heard of it. I'm not new to JJ2 but I am new to J2O. Sounds good. I'm making an example level!

R3ptile
Jan 20, 2005, 03:37 AM
There are two "Nobodies", two Tman's and two Alex's in this community.

n0
Jan 20, 2005, 08:13 AM
... A handful of ninjas as well, and an umpteen amount of people with the suffix "azz" in their name.

Hi, nobody, Nice to meet you! My name is N0B0DY, but everyone calls me N0. (pronounced en-zero)