PDA

View Full Version : weapon 0?

Hybrid
Feb 17, 2005, 07:09 PM
does anybody know anything about the weapon 0 rumor in JJ2? Maybe its possible that the laser shield could have been what they were talking about. appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me :confused:

Derby
Feb 17, 2005, 07:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Derbster/Weapon0.jpg

Hybrid
Feb 17, 2005, 07:14 PM
that can't be weapon 0.

blurredd
Feb 17, 2005, 07:32 PM
Or it is and you won't accept it.

Black Ninja
Feb 17, 2005, 07:53 PM
Weapon 0 is the blaster. Weapon 1 is bouncer. Etc. I KNOW BECAUSE HEXADECIMAL VALUES TELL ME SO

Violet CLM
Feb 17, 2005, 09:00 PM
Weapon 0 would be whatever your gun switches to when you press the 0 key. As no weapon is switched to, even if you use a JJAmmo/JJGod/JJGuns cheat, I assume that there is no such weapon. On the other hand, maybe it's a super special weapon you can't get by cheating, like the blade gun.
As for the ultimate weapon, it's the laser shield, and I can post proof if you want.

Hare
Feb 17, 2005, 09:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Derbster/Weapon0.jpg

Wow, thats an old pic. *laughs* Actually I kind of figured that was what it was before it loaded.

(I'm on 56k, so I actually have time to read through a few posts before the pictures load :P)

Tubz
Feb 18, 2005, 08:17 AM
Weapon 0 would be whatever your gun switches to when you press the 0 key. As no weapon is switched to, even if you use a JJAmmo/JJGod/JJGuns cheat, I assume that there is no such weapon. On the other hand, maybe it's a super special weapon you can't get by cheating, like the blade gun.
As for the ultimate weapon, it's the laser shield, and I can post proof if you want.

The Blade Gun is the beta version of 1.20-1.23 version's of Pepper Spray. A much cooler looking weapon. Who knows, weapon 0 could be a project that was never completed and wasn't even released on he betas.

BTW, type "jjshield" 4 times to get the lazer shield, it pwns. There is no monitor for it unfortunately.

cooba
Feb 18, 2005, 08:25 AM
The Blade Gun is the v1.00g's version of Electro Blaster.I can't resist false JJ2 statements. Just can't.

Tubz
Feb 18, 2005, 10:41 AM
Whoops, ok, It's good that you corrected me.

Hybrid
Feb 18, 2005, 12:58 PM
anybody got any pics of the blade gun?

Tubz
Feb 18, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hmm, I don't know where to find one. But I'll take one right now since I downloaded the Beta game. I'll take a shot of the other hidden weapon.

http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL461/3258822/6666678/85893238.jpg
http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL461/3258822/6666678/85893406.jpg

-Blade Gun / Electro Gun is the top one
-The other weapon forgot the name of is the Pepper Spray of course

You can recreate these weapons with SCE's (Single Combo Events), learn how to do it here:
http://www.geocities.com/atlastsome/guns/shj2.htm [Look at the bottom of the page]

Hybrid
Feb 18, 2005, 01:24 PM
that's cool. can u tell me where u got it?

Tubz
Feb 18, 2005, 01:31 PM
Here are the powered up forms:
http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL461/3258822/6666678/85894648.jpg
http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL461/3258822/6666678/85894668.jpg

Hybrid
Feb 18, 2005, 01:39 PM
me wants it!

Hybrid
Feb 18, 2005, 02:05 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........
back to topic, on jazz2city they have an article about weapon 0.
would be cool if it actually existed.

blurredd
Feb 18, 2005, 03:07 PM
I never thought I'd be seeing "weapon 0" arguments again. Anyway, I'll help (make things worse) with this:

"No matter how hard the game programmers try to squash this rumored weapon, it's still alive and well. Or is it? The question is, is there really a weapon 0? Early on in the development of JJ2, Cliff Blezenski (lead level designer of both Unreal and JJ2, also game designer in both titles) hinted at there being an "Ultimate Weapon." Later on, Cliff and the rest of the JJ2 team denied this, basicly saying there was not indeed an ultimate weapon. Furthermore, after they denied it's existance, any questions directed on the subject were either un-answered, or answered very vaguely, neither denying nor confirming the Ultimate Weapon's existance. So is there really an Ultimate Weapon? Is it actually Weapon #0? Well, there really is no way to tell.. there is no event in JCS, and no secret that we can find while viewing any of the official levels in JCS, but that tells us nichte. The designers could've EASILY hidden some secret weapon in an "easter egg" that no one but a genius could find. And so, this weapon continues to remain one of JJ2's profound mysteries."

Source (http://www.jazz2city.com/weaps.htm) (bottom of the page)

Hybrid
Feb 18, 2005, 03:21 PM
it must exist, otherwise, it would not have been brought up in the first place.

blurredd
Feb 18, 2005, 04:06 PM
I highly doubt it because JJ2 has been around for a while and no one found any strong evidence suggesting its existence. But you're welcome to <strike>waste your time and</strike> try and find it yourself.

n0
Feb 18, 2005, 05:25 PM
I've hacked JJ2 a bit, and the memory address for weapon type goes from 0 to F (15) 0-8 are the nine normal weapons, A, B, C, and D are the shield weapons. 9, E, and F are nothing.

Actually, I could be wrong here, since it's been a while since I've messed around with this, so it could be that 1-9 are the normal weapons, A-D are the shield weapons, and 0, E and F are nothing.

When I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can't even shoot. You pull the trigger on your gun and nothing happens.

So, if there is a super special secret weapon, it is hidden in a diffrent memory address that no one has found yet.

`N0

Hybrid
Feb 18, 2005, 05:39 PM
What exactly did Cliff say about w0? maybe it technically a 'weapon' but a... something!?
don't know exactly what i'm babbling about but you know what i mean.

blurredd
Feb 18, 2005, 06:11 PM
Actually, weapon 0 can be seen in my "Pwn" pic (see profile). It only comes with v1.25, but it's awesome to use. It brings online 2D multiplayer gaming to an entirely different level.

<PS: I should stop messing around like this.>

Hybrid
Feb 18, 2005, 06:27 PM
ok....
let me get this straight.
1. you got version 1.25
2. you got weapon 0
3. squirrels are still evil
4. you get to play as devan shell
5. HOW WHERE DID YOU GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. gimme a copy please!

Tubz
Feb 18, 2005, 07:25 PM
Actually, weapon 0 can be seen in my "Pwn" pic (see profile). It only comes with v1.25, but it's awesome to use. It brings online 2D multiplayer gaming to an entirely different level.

<PS: I should stop messing around like this.>

How the hell did you do that? Dang, that was sweet.

Nielsje
Feb 19, 2005, 01:16 AM
I love these conspiracy stories...
Seems like Weapon 0 is becoming one of JJ2's Holy Grails which would only be revealed when the source code comes out

cooba
Feb 19, 2005, 01:35 AM
ok....
1. you got version 1.25
2. you got weapon 0
6. gimme a copy please!ahahahhaahahahahhaha

Tublear: Those projectiles are Bilsy's fireballs with a fuseless bomb sprite. Not particularly hard to make; finished movements of Spaz and Bob having no roasts is actually something hard to mock up.

Oh, and `N0, according to BN, value 9 is nothing.

Radium
Feb 19, 2005, 08:02 AM
ok....
1. you got version 1.25
2. you got weapon 0
6. gimme a copy please!
I'm pretty sure it's fake. Dizzy has no roasts.

Tubz
Feb 19, 2005, 10:12 AM
Ok, you people are being silly. Bob is idle all the time, that makes total sense.

White Rabbit
Feb 21, 2005, 12:21 AM
Of course Bob has no roasts. He's Devan. He's slow, has bad weapons and can't jump high! :D

Violet CLM
Feb 21, 2005, 12:33 AM
Ah, but he can teleport at will, and he has 200 hearts. He would win at LRS if you discount the fact that he's not a rabbit.

White Rabbit
Feb 21, 2005, 08:02 AM
What do you mean teleport at will? Using what and how? :p JJ2 has no in-built control for the player to warp to pos x, y without using JCS events. I don't think he can win at LRS if every other rabbit is Jazz. They can always pick on poor Devan. I wonder if seekers prioritise between rabbits and turtles? :rolleyes:

n00b
Feb 21, 2005, 08:09 AM
Well it seems that someone doesn't have 1.25

White Rabbit
Feb 21, 2005, 08:24 AM
Do YOU? ...you...you noob! :p

n00b
Feb 21, 2005, 08:29 AM
Do YOU? ...you...you noob! :p
:p Maybe, I found it here (www.jazzjackrabbit.com)

cooba
Feb 21, 2005, 08:35 AM
WR, in JJ2, Devan teleports into the arena, but the machine doesn't show. Therefore, I guess he warped BY HIS WILL.

the WINNER
Feb 22, 2005, 01:40 AM
ok....
1. you got version 1.25
2. you got weapon 0
6. gimme a copy please!

He also has a 1024x768 resolution, which I'd like to have.

White Rabbit
Feb 22, 2005, 07:29 AM
Could be faked. You can cut and paste different screenshots. :p Dizzy couldv'e taken a screenshot as well, hehe. :)

@Violet and Cooba: Devan starts off at the place he is put in JCS as an event, or on the tile directly underneath the event. The warp is just his entry animation and he doesn't literally warp in like rabbits.

cooba
Feb 22, 2005, 07:34 AM
he doesn't literally warp inThen what is he doing? Another spectacular exhibiton showing what he can? Besides, if his "entering animation" isn't supposed to make it look like he warps in, then what in the hell is it supposed to be?

I don't think he can win at LRS if every other rabbit is Jazz. They can always pick on poor Devan.They can always pick on someone faster than them by default, who has got 10 health hearts? Besides, he can morph into Devil Devan and camp somewhere high in air.

Tubz
Feb 22, 2005, 08:29 AM
Bleh, it's a mock up. I didn't even realize that Bob is Devan. No way, totally fake.

White Rabbit
Feb 22, 2005, 12:39 PM
It's just an entry animation showing that he is warping in, but he hasn't really done so. He just starts off from there. If he did warp in, he would warp in from the air if the 'Devan boss' event was placed in the air. Instead, Devan warps in on the ground and doesn't fall in, like Jazz's start positions and warps. Also, he can't morph at will either, not until his first 100 hearts are lost. :p

Violet CLM
Feb 22, 2005, 08:47 PM
You have a good point, but you are unfortunately basing it on the assumptions that:
#1: Rabbits and turtles warp in the same way.
#2: All warps are created equal, which we know not to be true already by looking at JJ1.
When you consider that Devan's warp machine is activated whenever he needs it to be, it only makes sense that the warp might be more advanced, or at least automatically make sure that it comes out on solid ground.
And I'm pretty sure Devan takes 200 hits, not 100.

cooba
Feb 23, 2005, 05:44 AM
0-8 are the nine normal weapons, A, B, C, and D are the shield weapons. 9, E, and F are nothing. [...] When I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can't even shoot. You pull the trigger on your gun and nothing happens.I think I get it. Weapon 0 = No Fire Zone.

White Rabbit
Feb 23, 2005, 06:44 AM
It must be a different kind of no fire zone, because in JCS's no fire zone, you can't even pull the trigger and there's no flash either. You can also get the kind of no-fire weapon using Gamehack. Basically, the weapon isn't there.

@Violet: Devan takes 100 hits to morph and 100 hits again to un-morph, afaik. Also, you're speculating a lot because you don't know there really IS a machine (apart from the flag bases) and that it really IS more advanced. You need 1.25 to get proof for that, heh. :p

Radium
Feb 23, 2005, 11:14 AM
Cooba might have a point with that.

White Rabbit
Feb 23, 2005, 11:26 AM
Weapon 0 are threee ultimate weapons: cease-fire, peace and love!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

cooba
Feb 23, 2005, 11:37 AM
It must be a different kind of no fire zone, because in JCS's no fire zone, you can't even pull the trigger and there's no flash either.And how do you know that using Weapon 0 doesn't give out the same effect?

Violet CLM
Feb 23, 2005, 12:47 PM
@Violet: Devan takes 100 hits to morph and 100 hits again to un-morph, afaik. Also, you're speculating a lot because you don't know there really IS a machine (apart from the flag bases) and that it really IS more advanced. You need 1.25 to get proof for that, heh. :p
Ok, I'm speculating there's a machine, but does it really matter at all?

VashTheStampede
Feb 23, 2005, 03:29 PM
Weapon 0 is the blaster. Weapon 1 is bouncer. Etc. I KNOW BECAUSE HEXADECIMAL VALUES TELL ME SO

read and stop complaining.

i would have said it, but he beat me to it.

and when you are cheating, it proves it.

"yeah....

yuh!

awaught....

we should go eat though....

you should say i'm saying all this..

oh ok! say it like that...

whatever dude..." - ViperMM

Hybrid
Feb 23, 2005, 03:34 PM
go to jazz 2 city, vash.
weapon 0 is a rumor about a hidden weapon (that doesn't mean it actually has to be named 'weapon 0')
it could be weapon 87463390 for all i know!

Violet CLM
Feb 23, 2005, 03:44 PM
9 might be no fire zone. E and F then would be bird and frog, I guess.
Of course, this post is purely from an I-have-no-idea-how-JJ2-works perspective.

Grytolle
Feb 23, 2005, 05:18 PM
go to jazz 2 city, vash.
weapon 0 is a rumor about a hidden weapon (that doesn't mean it actually has to be named 'weapon 0')
it could be weapon 87463390 for all i know!

hum, If I am not mistaken, that would make you switch from some weapon to pepperspray, to TNT, to seekers, to toaster, to frostbiter, to frostbiter (again :O ), to electroblaster, and then nothing would happen... :rolleyes: :roll:

Hazel-rah
Feb 24, 2005, 11:23 PM
I'm wondering as well how you got a 1024x768 resolution.

If you modified jj2.exe could you upload it somewhere?

Sonyk
Apr 9, 2005, 04:18 PM
Sorry to revive a 2 month old topic, but I believe I may have also found the rements of weapon 0. (I've got screenshots too!)

While playing in jwklr's server, I started to use Jazz Advantage (a cheating program, for those who don't know, NO I don't use it in regular games) to prove that jwklr wasn't cheating, by showing what the effects of cheating are. While toying with it some, I cycled the weapons and came to one with no image. Shooting caused the trigger to fire, but after that, nothing. The ammo would go down, and when depleted, go back to Electro-Blaster.

Also from a 'Computers are Black Magic' point of view, I think that this may have been from the Tweedle Boss, who suppousedly took away your weapons for the fight.

Anyway, here's my proof http://home.ripway.com/2004-10/185933/weapon0.zip

Hybrid
Apr 9, 2005, 05:34 PM
seriously! its true!!! i was hosting a game with the normal jj2 lvls. i was playing with silvite, sonyk, and silentbullet and we were arguing about cheating. silentbullet accused myself and sonyk of cheating (we wernt but he woundnt listen) so sonyk started that cheating program to show him what real cheating was. then he found it! it was really cool!

btw, im actually being serious! no lies!

n00b
Apr 9, 2005, 05:40 PM
Hmm that's cool Sonyk, very cool indeed.
Maybe weapon 0 was what one would use to fight the Tweedle boss, it was so ultimate you only use for one boss, the one boss who has a built up immunity of sorts against it.

White Rabbit
Apr 10, 2005, 02:07 AM
No bullets? :)

LittleFreak
Apr 10, 2005, 02:12 AM
Seems there are none. =o

Interesting find indeed.

White Rabbit
Apr 10, 2005, 02:18 AM
The bullets travel faster than the eye can react! Tweedle would be so dead if the weapon worked or if he worked...

LittleFreak
Apr 10, 2005, 02:26 AM
So, is it possible to see the bullets by pressing the pause-button or Escape?

cooba
Apr 10, 2005, 03:15 AM
I think that this may have been from the Tweedle Boss, who suppousedly took away your weapons for the fight.No it's not from Tweedle.

LittleFreak
Apr 10, 2005, 03:26 AM
Why do you know?

FQuist
Apr 10, 2005, 05:17 AM

Sonyk
Apr 10, 2005, 05:22 AM
That would be because I put it on my Ripway account which only has 10 MB of transfer, and it's gone over by 6MB, so they locked it. I'll find another place for it.

EDIT: I can't seem to find another place to put it, since my webhost forbids downloads, and Ripway only allows one account per IP address. So, unless someone steps in, you'll have to wait "24 Hours for Your Account to be Reactivated."

ThunderPX
Apr 10, 2005, 08:07 AM
Send it to me and I'll upload it.

Sonyk
Apr 10, 2005, 08:13 AM
If you would kindly give me your E-mail address, I would gladly.

cooba
Apr 10, 2005, 09:20 AM
Why do you know?While fighting Tweedle, you'd have to attack w/o guns, just like in a room full of No Fire Zone events. However, the difference is, there are already sprites of Tweedle stealing your gun and PLENTY of gunless Jazz/Spaz sprites.

What Sonyk has found is most likely spare room for another weapon.

Marine1969
Apr 10, 2005, 01:42 PM
Edit: I didn't see the second page

Maybe they only had 9 weapons and just left 0 blank, did you ever think that?

This is like me telling you all about the house at 67 shortheath road. And about how the guy there will give you money if you play chess with him.

But there is no house at 67 because the road isn't that long, you could easily say it exists because it goes in sequence and would make perfect sense but there's the simple fact that it isn't there that nullifies the entire argument.

I'm eating eggs and bacon that were friend on an ammo can.

Torkell
Apr 10, 2005, 01:48 PM
Welcome to Hotel Infinity.

Marine1969
Apr 10, 2005, 01:49 PM
I'm where now?

blurredd
Apr 10, 2005, 03:58 PM
I like Marine's analogy. Down with weapon 0 conspiracies.

Marine1969
Apr 10, 2005, 07:46 PM
Analogy you say? Well I'm not sure what that is. Is this one?

"The dark clouds loom over the desolated earth, nothing lives, just as in my soul, all emotion is drained out, all happyness is suffocated by the overwhelming darkness and evil that consumes the very essence fo what it is to be human."

PhAyzoN
Apr 19, 2005, 02:21 PM
Weapon 0 crashes the game when about 150 or so of its ammo is used. there is no image/sprite for 0 and it has about 5000 ammo. When you use Jazz Advatage in TSF and run out of ammo for a gun, it switches to weapon 0.

ThunderPX
Apr 20, 2005, 02:11 AM
While fighting Tweedle, you'd have to attack w/o guns, just like in a room full of No Fire Zone events. However, the difference is, there are already sprites of Tweedle stealing your gun and PLENTY of gunless Jazz/Spaz sprites.

What Sonyk has found is most likely spare room for another weapon.

O_O Me wants.

Murderbeam
Apr 22, 2005, 07:07 AM
Anyway, While i was expermenting with sprites and XJJ2 I found these odd things.
Purple Potion
TNT crate(like a ammo crate)
Eva Jumping(or something...)

Thats about it for now.
The Things I used are

CA F0 00 00 (potion is shown while swimming)
8d 00 00 00 (For some odd reason only works in capture1, shows tnt crate and eva jumping)

Well, that's my first post on the fourm.
P.S:Try them for yourself if you know how(and have XJJ2.)and how do you post pictures?

LittleFreak
Apr 22, 2005, 08:40 AM
I see you've already opened a new thread for this, which is a lot better than posting totally unrelated messages in an existing thread.

If you want to post pictures save them somewhere (best as jpeg) and find a website where you can host pictures for free. Upload your pic there. Once it's uploaded, you can post it here using the following code:

[ img ]link to where your pic is uploaded[ /img ]

(use the above WITHOUT the spaces)

PhAyzoN
Apr 22, 2005, 11:42 AM
@LittleFreak.

OffTopic: As Jpeg? Are you on crack? Jpeg quility is plainout sux, use PNG, Smaller, no loss of quality (Quality = to 24b BMP)

LittleFreak
Apr 22, 2005, 12:03 PM
As Jpeg?

That's what I use, but I'm not an expert here.

Are you on crack?

<s>Yes. 8D</s> No.

Jpeg quility is plainout sux

You're probably right.

use PNG

Maybe.

Smaller

Probably.

no loss of quality (Quality = to 24b BMP)

Could be possible.

Marine1969
Apr 22, 2005, 01:11 PM
Jpeg quality is actually quite good.

And you must also note that it's used for practically everythign on the internet.

Even these high quality scans of my artwork are jpeg, look at them and tell me how good the quality is: http://img28.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=artwork16lv.jpg

Violet CLM
Apr 22, 2005, 05:40 PM
.jpg is for photos. .png is for smaller stuff.

Sciz CT
Apr 22, 2005, 07:26 PM
JPEGs for images with millions of colors, PNGs for stuff with relatively few colors.

PhAyzoN
Apr 23, 2005, 06:18 AM
JPEGs for images with millions of colors, PNGs for stuff with relatively few colors.

evidently 24bit is now relativly few...

Xobim
May 12, 2005, 10:48 AM
About the 0 weapon, there are in JCS two events that cloud count as a weapon and as weapon 0.
I'm talking/typing about the auto fire and max weapon event.

If they would work, cloud they be weapon 0?

BTW, how does the Tweedle boss look like?

cooba
May 12, 2005, 10:58 AM
About the 0 weapon, there are in JCS two events that cloud count as a weapon and as weapon 0.
I'm talking/typing about the auto fire and max weapon event.

If they would work, cloud they be weapon 0?Auto Fire being Weapon 0 is doubtful, if you ask me. Although I'm unsure about Max Weapon thing... presumably a big gun crate which would give you 99 ammo for each weapon + powerups, although it could be easily a powerup kit for a weapon with max power...

As for Tweedle:
http://users.pandora.be/pyromanus/JJ2/boss-tweedle-spinkick.gif

Xobim
May 13, 2005, 07:52 AM
Maybe weapon 0 is an MCE....

cooba
May 13, 2005, 08:39 AM
Maybe weapon 0 is an MCE......no.

Xobim
May 13, 2005, 12:14 PM
Sure? :confused:

It seems logical because we tried nearly every idea except this one....

Torkell
May 13, 2005, 02:59 PM
JPEGs for photographic images, GIFs for lineart with relatively few colours, small buttons or animations, PNGs for lineart with relatively more colours, as a direct replacement for BMPs or for when quality is more important than size (also as a replacement for non-animated GIFs).

PhAyzoN
May 13, 2005, 04:54 PM
Maybe weapon 0 is an MCE....

I just told ALL of you what it is and none of you notice/care/believe me.

Xobim
May 14, 2005, 02:32 AM
true :7

But how do you get weapon 0 then?

cooba
May 14, 2005, 02:35 AM
You don't.

Xobim
May 15, 2005, 03:55 AM
So why is all the fuzz about this topic then?

cooba
May 15, 2005, 04:25 AM
does anybody know anything about the weapon 0 rumor in JJ2?&nbsp;