PDA

View Full Version : Jazzjackrabbit1 + dosbox= no sound!

Sacrush
May 17, 2005, 10:43 AM
Ive recently downloaded Dosbox a tool to play dosgames one The crappy Windows XP. Anyway It seems to work but I cant play Jazzjackrabbit1 with sound. So can anyone help me out? Link? Voilet? Anyone?

I will love you if you help me out. :D

Edit: the sound problem is fixed, I didnt needed the VDM sounds but thanx anyway.

But, I have another problem, yes indeed that sucks. I played 2 dos games with the dosbox and they both have the same problem. the games both have many slowdowns when too much things happens in the game. Help me please.

Olsen
May 17, 2005, 10:56 AM
VMD Sound (hinthint: Google.com) ;)

JelZe GoldRabbit
May 17, 2005, 12:30 PM
Ive recently downloaded Dosbox a tool to play dosgames one The crappy Windows XP. Anyway It seems to work but I cant play Jazzjackrabbit1 with sound. So can anyone help me out? Link? Voilet? Anyone?

Edit: the sound problem is fixed, I didnt needed the VDM sounds but thanx anyway.

But, I have another problem, yes indeed that sucks. I played 2 dos games with the dosbox and they both have the same problem. the games both have many slowdowns when too much things happens in the game. Help me please.

What you can try is increase the amount of CPU cycles emulated either by pressing CTRL + F12 or editing the dosbox.info file. A setting of at least 10,000 cycles is good enough to play Jazz in. About the sound problem, it's always wise to run their setup program first before playing the actual game ;)

If the games are *really* old, DOSbox may have some problems with them because it can't fully emulate every single feature of DOS yet. What games are you trying to run anyway?

Sonyk
May 17, 2005, 03:29 PM
Another thing that may help, Dosbox by default emulates the Sound Blaster 16 sound. So, be sure to set it to that if it didn't work before.

aokmaniac13
May 17, 2005, 05:17 PM
You need a fast computer to run some games as fast as possible. Either that or close the crap you're running in the background :sugoi: (You guys need more smileys. Seriously.)

piet
May 18, 2005, 12:02 AM
try virtual PC

Sacrush
May 18, 2005, 02:16 AM
Increasing the cpu of dosbox wont help because then it goes extremly fast sometimes.

Sacrush
May 18, 2005, 05:21 AM
What you can try is increase the amount of CPU cycles emulated either by pressing CTRL + F12 or editing the dosbox.info file. A setting of at least 10,000 cycles is good enough to play Jazz in. About the sound problem, it's always wise to run their setup program first before playing the actual game ;)

If the games are *really* old, DOSbox may have some problems with them because it can't fully emulate every single feature of DOS yet. What games are you trying to run anyway?

Im running Tyrian and Jazz jackrabbit 1 both have slowdowns, my guess is that my computer processor is too slow its 2100+ AMD Athlon