PDA

View Full Version : video lagging to sound

Nitro
May 25, 2005, 09:03 AM
i am trying to watch a film on the computer, when i use winamp it crashes, when i use wmp it's fuzzy and tripple picture, and when i use divx then the video plays slower than the sound and it lags... how can i fix this besise getting a faster computer??

Stijn
May 25, 2005, 09:18 AM
How fast is your current computer?

Mircea
May 25, 2005, 12:24 PM
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and install the DivX and XviD codecs from the net if necessary. Also make sure that you have all acceleration features enabled in "Display Properties / Settings / Advanced / Troubleshot" and "Control Panel / Sound and audio devices / Audio / Advanced /Performance" and you're not running other programs while you're running the movie. Than run a Check-Disk (Scan-Disk) and restart your computer.

Nitro
May 25, 2005, 11:47 PM
pentium 2, 466 mhz.

where do i download these codecs?

Stijn
May 27, 2005, 05:36 AM
That's simply not fast enough to play a video fluently. Newer codecs (http://www.google.com) might help a little, but probably you just need a new PC.

Nitro
May 27, 2005, 09:06 AM
no i am fine with most videos.

Mircea
May 27, 2005, 12:41 PM
http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

Nitro
May 28, 2005, 01:08 AM
how do i know which codec to chose?

FoxBlitzz
May 28, 2005, 06:41 PM
how do i know which codec to chose?

Hehe, I think you're confused. Different videos use different codecs. Most interent videos are either Windows Media format or Quicktime (Which is a player I despise). A lot of commercial games are beginning to use Bink because it has incredible compression (Even though you don't need to download the codec yourself), but it takes forever to generate Bink encoded videos. Most of the time the site should tell you which codec you need.

the video plays slower than the sound and it lags

Sers is probably right. Your computer isn't very fast at all. I wouldn't expect it to play larger videos very well.

Nitro
Jun 12, 2005, 10:01 AM
ok i downloaded codecs, and i'm sure it can work on my computer somehow, plllllllease any more advise? (: