PDA

View Full Version : SFX Exchange

Ense
Jul 3, 2005, 04:01 AM
It's probably not possible in an easy way, but I'll still ask it anyway.

Is it possible to change the standard sound effects in JJ2 with custom sound effects?

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jul 3, 2005, 04:20 AM
It's probably not possible in an easy way, but I'll still ask it anyway.

Is it possible to change the standard sound effects in JJ2 with custom sound effects?

I'm afraid not, JJ2 isn't as customizable as, o say, Unreal Tournament is. The only things you can do with JJ2 is make levels and tilesets.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

R3ptile
Jul 3, 2005, 04:45 AM
The only things you can do with JJ2 is make levels and tilesets.
And musicfiles.

n00b
Jul 3, 2005, 06:47 AM
And with the right progs/knowledge Episodes,J2Vs, and Demos.

Crono5
Jul 3, 2005, 01:39 PM
It's possible, look at all the stuff people do with other games. This community just doesn't have people knowledgeable enoguh or motivated enough to do stuff like this.

Radium
Jul 3, 2005, 01:44 PM
When I first saw this thread, I was on a handheld and misread the title "SEX exchange". It was quite <s>fun</s> odd reading the thread and trying to figure out the title.

@Crono: Yeah, that pretty much describes us.

Crono5
Jul 3, 2005, 01:46 PM
It's possible, look at all the stuff people do with other games. This community just doesn't have people knowledgeable enoguh or motivated enough to do stuff like this.

ShadeJackrabbit
Jul 3, 2005, 04:53 PM
I agree....

CUSTOM J2V's! Oh no! Someone else thinks it's April!

Alberto
Jul 3, 2005, 05:15 PM
When I first saw this thread, I was on a handheld and misread the title "SEX exchange". It was quite <s>fun</s> odd reading the thread and trying to figure out the title.

@Crono: Yeah, that pretty much describes us.

It happened the same to me.. :P Well.. not exactly the same but similar :P

blurredd
Jul 3, 2005, 05:19 PM
CUSTOM J2V's! Oh no! Someone else thinks it's April!Not exactly impossible as far as I know. On Jazz 2 City is a rarely mentioned utility called ddFlic (http://www.milesba.com/~jazz2city/levels2/ddFlic.zip). "Converts FLC files to J2V, the format for J2 cinematic files." I haven't tested it out yet, but feel free to try it out.

n00b
Jul 3, 2005, 05:33 PM
I agree....

CUSTOM J2V's! Oh no! Someone else thinks it's April!
Then explain how Another Story couldn't get the J2V converter working.

Yeah I thought so.

Ense
Jul 4, 2005, 12:49 PM
This topic isn't really about SFX exchanging anymore... Actually I should change the topic title, but then no one else would understand your little theories and stories anymore.

FoxBlitzz
Jul 4, 2005, 01:07 PM
Don't change the topic title, add to it. That would be my suggestion.