PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jackrabbit DS

ThunderPX
Jul 8, 2005, 12:45 AM
Think about it... it's possible. One of two things would work:

1. Jazz Jackrabbit 3. It could be controlled like Metroid Prime Hunters, but from a third person perspective.
2. A remake of both Jazz 1 and 2. Jazz 1 would have all 11 episodes (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, B, C, X, X) plus the bonus level selector (Z) and a mode to use Jazz 2 sprites. Jazz 2 would be entirely compatible with the PC version through use of Wi-Fi. It would have all the normal episodes (Formerly a Prince, Jazz-in-Time, Flashback, Funky Monkeys, Shareware Demo, The Secret Files and Holiday Hare '98/Christmas Chronicles) plus all the stuff that never made it into the game- 3D Bonus Stages, Tweedle, Bladegun, Atlantis, Dreamland, Planet Pig (or whatever it's called) and all those other things. Multiplayer would be enhanced with Race and Co-op working properly. Even JCS would work with the touch screen- or you would use the Wi-Fi to connect to your PC and download levels. (Online feature is available by the end of 2005 anyway.)

EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in 'Future of Jazz'. Sorry.

MSB3000
Jul 8, 2005, 09:07 AM
now the only problem is to get Nintendo to buy the rights to Jazz Jackrabbit, and getting Epic to let them.

Tubz
Jul 8, 2005, 12:43 PM
Without even reading the topic im going to say no.

Better yet, Jazz Jackrabbit for PSP.

cooba
Jul 8, 2005, 12:48 PM
Without even reading the topic im going to say no.Why not READ topics to avoid causing particular confusion and looking like a stup by posting your entirely irrelevant posts?

Zenryoku: ...nice ;P.

Tubz
Jul 8, 2005, 01:09 PM
Because I despise Nintendo for not being as cool as Sony. I wish they would get it out of their heads that they should stop concentrating on gaming only and incorporate other things into their console products. From what I heard last time is that Nintendo wants to concentrate on gaming, not like having a hard drive to run a Operating System or things like what Xbox can do. Who knows this could all change, after all its too early in the game to say anything.

However, I'm not a Sony fanboy, because I used to have a GBC. Then I had a GBA but it broke, and that sucks. Because I liked it a lot over my old Sega Nomad.

Sonyk
Jul 8, 2005, 01:33 PM
That made no sense. Seriously, Nintendo is sticking to where it should. I'd rather have a console that plays games than one that runs Windows.

Stijn
Jul 8, 2005, 02:09 PM
Because I despise Nintendo for not being as cool as Sony. I wish they would get it out of their heads that they should stop concentrating on gaming only and incorporate other things into their console products. From what I heard last time is that Nintendo wants to concentrate on gaming, not like having a hard drive to run a Operating System or things like what Xbox can do. Who knows this could all change, after all its too early in the game to say anything.

However, I'm not a Sony fanboy, because I used to have a GBC. Then I had a GBA but it broke, and that sucks. Because I liked it a lot over my old Sega Nomad.
Ah, you're one of those people who buy consoles because they are made by a "cool" company.

First or Third-person 3D games suit the Nintendo DS way better than the PSP. Using the touch screen, they can be controlled like on the PC (with a mouse), and you have to agree that's a better way than using the mini analog stick on the PSP. Besides, the DS can produce awesome graphics - did you see any videos from Nanostray yet?

And Nintendo is a gaming company - you're blaming them for making a gaming console rather than a multimedia portal? So if McDonals would suddenly start making animal food Burger King would suck if it didn't do the same?

Hybrid
Jul 8, 2005, 03:30 PM
Sounds good. Now we wait...and wait.............still waiting Epic........ :(

Tubz
Jul 8, 2005, 04:07 PM
Now that's a weird argument Flash. It's like this yeah a console is coolo because it plays games and has great graphix and all. And graphics isn't everything, some people are like me and prefer Megaman X in the PS1 stage before it moved to the PS2 stage.

No, I'm like yeah if you're going to offer all these additional features, then you're making the system more useless. Sony refuses to call the PS3 a gaming console, they want it to be like a home entertainment system, its shaping out to be like one. Heh, who knows I could always want to get the 360 as well, but nah, way too much $$$.

ThunderPX
Jul 9, 2005, 01:37 AM
now the only problem is to get Nintendo to buy the rights to Jazz Jackrabbit, and getting Epic to let them.

Not necessarily(sp?). Ever heard of third-party developers? (although, it still seems unlikely, since Epic doesn't give a (-) about Jazz anymore, it seems)

Without even reading the topic im going to say no.

Better yet, Jazz Jackrabbit for PSP.

You, sir, have the intelligence level of a turnip.

Zenryoku: ...nice ;P.

Causing confusion is the way to go :P

Because it's a GAMING console. Sony and Microsoft are both companies that didn't start out with gaming consoles. Nintendo is. They're just holding true to their roots. (Yes, I know Nintendo was a playing card company in the 19th century, but meh)

That made no sense. Seriously, Nintendo is sticking to where it should. I'd rather have a console that plays games than one that runs Windows.

I still want a web browser for my DS when the online feature is released :P

Ah, you're one of those people who buy consoles because they are made by a "cool" company.

First or Third-person 3D games suit the Nintendo DS way better than the PSP. Using the touch screen, they can be controlled like on the PC (with a mouse), and you have to agree that's a better way than using the mini analog stick on the PSP. Besides, the DS can produce awesome graphics - did you see any videos from Nanostray yet?

And Nintendo is a gaming company - you're blaming them for making a gaming console rather than a multimedia portal? So if McDonals would suddenly start making animal food Burger King would suck if it didn't do the same?

This person wins at life.

Sounds good. Now we wait...and wait.............still waiting Epic........

If we had the source...

Stijn
Jul 9, 2005, 01:47 AM
Now that's a weird argument Flash. It's like this yeah a console is coolo because it plays games and has great graphix and all. And graphics isn't everything, some people are like me and prefer Megaman X in the PS1 stage before it moved to the PS2 stage.
Guess why I also wrote something about gameplay (controlling 3D games is a lot easier with a touch screen). And yes, I think a console is "cool" if it has great graphics and all (assuming you mean "excellent other features like controllers etcetera" with "and all").

No, I'm like yeah if you're going to offer all these additional features, then you're making the system more useless. Sony refuses to call the PS3 a gaming console, they want it to be like a home entertainment system, its shaping out to be like one. Heh, who knows I could always want to get the 360 as well, but nah, way too much $$$.
So, Sony makes a home entertainment system and calls it a home entertainment system. Nintendo makes a gaming console and calls it a gaming console. I still can't see the problem.

Sacrush
Jul 9, 2005, 02:25 AM
I must agree witrh Flash here, but the topic is about Jazz jackrabbit DS not about the companies and there consoles... ;-)

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jul 9, 2005, 02:42 AM
To bring the topic back on track:

Think about it... it's possible. One of two things would work:

1. Jazz Jackrabbit 3. It could be controlled like Metroid Prime Hunters, but from a third person perspective.
2. A remake of both Jazz 1 and 2. Jazz 1 would have all 11 episodes (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, B, C, X, X) plus the bonus level selector (Z) and a mode to use Jazz 2 sprites. Jazz 2 would be entirely compatible with the PC version through use of Wi-Fi. It would have all the normal episodes (Formerly a Prince, Jazz-in-Time, Flashback, Funky Monkeys, Shareware Demo, The Secret Files and Holiday Hare '98/Christmas Chronicles) plus all the stuff that never made it into the game- 3D Bonus Stages, Tweedle, Bladegun, Atlantis, Dreamland, Planet Pig (or whatever it's called) and all those other things. Multiplayer would be enhanced with Race and Co-op working properly. Even JCS would work with the touch screen- or you would use the Wi-Fi to connect to your PC and download levels. (Online feature is available by the end of 2005 anyway.)

EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in 'Future of Jazz'. Sorry.

I'm for a whole new Jazz Jackrabbit game. Option no.2 is a bit unreasonable, especially Jazz 2 getting all the planned stuff.

Now, the DS is one of the better system to work with, the reason have already been mentioned. But we've had games in 3D didn't have to use either Touchscreen or Mouse Technology. Even then, Unreal Tournament (The original JJ3 used the Unreal engine) has been ported to the Playstation 2 under the name "Unreal Championships": only the use of the mouse was lost. So the mouse feature is not really mandatory for a game to work. It can either make playing easier, or make it harder (I'm having a hard time with the mouse in UT). It's just a lousy gimmick for me anyway :p

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Black Ninja
Jul 9, 2005, 08:34 AM
The above post is wrong.

"Unreal Championship" is a UT2003 Xbox port. It's not out for PS2. The only Unreal game for the PS2 is the original Unreal Tournament (UT99) with slightly better graphics and some extra sux deathmatch maps.

Sciz CT
Jul 10, 2005, 01:54 PM
Nintendo has been likened to Apple a lot recently. They primarily serve a loyal niche market, supplying what that market wants but not really getting much mainstream attention.

Pako
Oct 29, 2005, 05:09 AM
Sorry for reviving, but... I came up with an idea for a JJ2 remake on DS! I even made a sort of pic edit of a Nintendo DS with my point of view of how it would work!
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/1571/jazzjackrabbitds4wk.png (http://imageshack.us)
In the upper screen, the game is running. In the lower screen, you can select the ammo with the stylus. What you people think of this idea?

ThaSpaz
Oct 29, 2005, 05:23 AM
Wow, thats real good. they just have to port it, put all episodes in, put JCS in, online play, and done.
You could upload levels from your computer, or make your own with JCS.
JCS could easily work with the touchscreen from the DS.

LittleFreak
Oct 29, 2005, 05:25 AM
Would you be doing anything else than selecting ammo with the touch stick?

Pako
Oct 29, 2005, 05:33 AM
Yeah, navigating on menus, making levels on JCS and play MINIGAMES!

MaGoo
Oct 29, 2005, 06:00 AM
Porting over a game made in 1998 to a handheld console created about a year ago makes absolutely no sense, and it will never happen.

ThaSpaz
Oct 29, 2005, 06:02 AM
Porting over a game made in 1998 to a handheld console created about a year ago makes absolutely no sense, and it will never happen.

You never know with epic, they might run out of cash and then port JJ2 to DS.
The community will rise, and stay alive for another 10 years.

Idea: Putting in the GBA game of Jazz Advance to get The Secret Files episode!

Sonyk
Oct 29, 2005, 08:16 AM
Why is that a badly edited screenshot of Sonic Advance?

I still think a Jazz 2.5-D would be nicer on the DS.

Pako
Oct 30, 2005, 12:39 AM
That isn't an edit of Sonic Advance, it's this (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=1787) level.

ThunderPX
Oct 30, 2005, 02:34 AM
that isnt an edit of sonic advance, is this (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=1787) level.

Kindly read the title of the download you linked to.

Violet CLM
Oct 30, 2005, 11:51 AM
they just have to port it, put all episodes in, put JCS in, online play, and done.
I wish I could tell if this was sarcastic or not.

n00b
Oct 30, 2005, 11:58 AM
The best thing to do is make a new game that reintroduces ther characters to audiences that don't know them but is still a sequel to the old games.