PDA

View Full Version : My first online experience!

CrimiClown
Nov 4, 2005, 12:33 PM
Well, today was awsome! I finally fixed my router, I can play online, and so I did. I played a few rounds of CTF, first time ever, I sucked horribly! But it was fun! Everyone was like: "Oh hey! It's that goofball with the funky hair!" and sorta stuff. :D Awsomeness in the server!

Next, I hosted CrimiClown's Online Adventure. Most people were very positive about it! :D Some even liked it!

And, 3rd of all, I hosted Lost Gemz survivor. That was very fun to do. :D And, I also learned to kick people! I kicked Ajazz RAD a few times for entering the crate room, along with Emperor and some other dude called 'time'.

Well, I had a great day. Even though I still suck horribly, I will train every day and NEVER join a clan! :D I will remain free-lance (not referring to the JCF member) and kick your behinds! :D :D :D

CrimiClown OUT!

LittleFreak
Nov 4, 2005, 12:42 PM
W00t. Playing online is awesome. I did once or twice, and I still remember a very good CTF level using the haunting house tileset.

Well, have fun playing. Too bad I can't.

Vegito
Nov 4, 2005, 12:45 PM
Erm, you can also BAN people, if they annoy you :)

R3ptile
Nov 4, 2005, 12:49 PM
:)

i'm glad to see you enjoy playing online, but please host more ctf and teambattle and less ground force.

MSB3000
Nov 4, 2005, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the internet.

Alex
Nov 4, 2005, 01:26 PM
ah please, mr criminal clown frost person, could you desuckificate my router?

(any advice on which router to buy to replace it, so i can take my long awaited revende on this evil box of sux!)

CrimiClown
Nov 4, 2005, 09:44 PM
Alex: If it uses DMZ or DMW, enable it and fill in your own LAN-IP. You will be fire-wall-less, but it works. :D

LittleFreak
Nov 5, 2005, 05:22 AM
You're not behind a firewall anymore now CC? I'd be really careful with that. Be sure to have a good antivir programm.

Alex
Nov 5, 2005, 05:34 AM
I have DMZ on, yes, but it only allows me to join, not to host, and sometimes it has no effect at all.. not good...

blurredd
Nov 5, 2005, 08:50 AM
From what I know there are several reasons for why DMZ might not work, like if another computer on the network has some of the ports needed for JJ2 opened or if your computer's IP address (as in the IP you used for the DMZ, I'm assuming) changed after you restarted your computer or whatnot.

You should use the Technical Help forum though, as this isn't the right place for router problems.

Michael
Nov 7, 2005, 02:06 PM
see you around then bro.....i hope you play 1.23?

0wnanist
Nov 10, 2005, 01:12 PM
I've tried playing online... it wasn't pretty. A lot of people jumping around randomly and cursing, and games that made no sense whatsoever. Is there any trick to finding good games to join?

White Rabbit
Nov 10, 2005, 02:07 PM
Host your own servers with levels you want to play. I'm assuming you know about all the game types but, if not, go to http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/node.php?title=partyModeIndex and http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/wiki/index.php?Category%3A_Game_Types

You already know where to download levels, I hope. :p

DDL-Klein
Nov 13, 2005, 10:08 AM
I have DMZ on, yes, but it only allows me to join, not to host, and sometimes it has no effect at all.. not good...

Forward the ports 10050 to 10059 to your computer

Black Ninja
Nov 13, 2005, 05:57 PM
File this one under "topics that shouldn't have been named the way they were."