PDA

View Full Version : Razz Arena listing server online

piet
Jul 2, 2006, 11:07 PM
hi all!

its been a while since i done something on my Razz Arena game :P
but today i started a listingserver (or masterserver) so you can now see who is playing the game.

untill the next release you need to edit your hostfile and add a extra line to your razz config file but after that it should work out of the box :)

please let me know if this works for you.

visit www.razzarena.da.ru for more info on how you edit your files.

edit: please take a look here to see if there are any games in progress:
http://www.razzarena.da.ru/?page=master

White Rabbit
Jul 3, 2006, 04:15 AM
It works just fine. I saw the sky, celshaded walls, piet's rabbit and talked a bit, all at 1 fps! :D Just remember that you may need administrator status and/or temporarily disable any HOSTS file protection you have.

MSB3000
Jul 3, 2006, 10:32 AM
Yay! Razz Arena! It's back!

I have inspiration to make maps again!

ThunderPX
Jul 4, 2006, 02:25 AM
I wish I could make maps. I should install the game again and screw around a bit in the castle map (it's awesome.)

EDIT: By the way, my mirror is dead. I'll re-upload the file as soon as I've downloaded it, but the URL will be different. Probably something like http://thunderweb.jonnys-place.com/media/Razz_Arena.exe .)

DoubleGJ
Jul 4, 2006, 03:06 AM
I remember I barely started doing a map for it and then gave up because of lack of time. Don't think I'll bring it back anytime soon...

piet
Jul 4, 2006, 05:30 AM
i allso havnt got mutch time for the project :( but when McDougal sents me the newest source code i will release an updated executeable (so we wont need to edit the host fime).

ThunderPX
Jul 4, 2006, 10:56 AM
Also, this has to be the first game where bots camp the equalivent of the seeker spot in Battle12D. =P

MSB3000
Jul 4, 2006, 12:00 PM
There was this server called "Beta Server" playing. I tried to join but Razz Arena crashed! D=

Also, how do I play in a windowed mode?

Ðx
Jul 4, 2006, 12:40 PM
You need some levelmakers

MSB3000
Jul 4, 2006, 03:00 PM
... what?

piet
Jul 4, 2006, 10:20 PM
Also, how do I play in a windowed mode?

Alt+Enter, or via the settings menu

ThunderPX
Jul 6, 2006, 02:15 AM
i allso havnt got mutch time for the project :( but when McDougal sents me the newest source code i will release an updated executeable (so we wont need to edit the host fime).

Oh, I'll upload that when it comes out, then.

NovaStar
Jul 9, 2006, 11:39 PM
And it works on my computer now.
Yays!

ThunderPX
Jul 10, 2006, 01:32 AM
My PC is being re-installed or I'd host. Then again, I'm not sure if I need to open any ports on my router to host. Help?

piet
Jul 10, 2006, 08:15 AM
My PC is being re-installed or I'd host. Then again, I'm not sure if I need to open any ports on my router to host. Help?

same ports as Quake3 Arena (maybe we change them someday but dont think its needed)

Black Ninja
Jul 10, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hey people. I'm happy to announce that the folks at Foo Products are looking into a 24/7 dedicated server for Razz Arena. The reason for this is that I happen to have a brand new PC powered by Longhorn Server and nothing to do with it. More news on that as it develops.

DoubleGJ
Jul 12, 2006, 03:22 AM
You've just made me think of a foo-styled map for RA... That would be so much awesome.

ThunderPX
Jul 12, 2006, 05:13 AM
Well, someone said they were going to make an Uberbob mod =P

Black Ninja
Jul 12, 2006, 07:12 PM
If someone makes anything foo-related for RA we'll make a website for it and give the creator unlimited FTP access. In other words, I'd love it.

ThunderPX
Jul 13, 2006, 01:00 AM
Probably, the most crucial ingredient would be a 3D model of Fooruman. Let me talk to my connections... =P

MSB3000
Jul 13, 2006, 12:25 PM
Well, someone said they were going to make an Uberbob mod =P

That was me.

I might make something if I can learn more about it...

=)

n00b
Jul 13, 2006, 01:43 PM
I made some FooProducts related skins, I have no idea how to implement them ingame.
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lijik/RazzArenaStuff/raskins.png
EDIT- Thats how the models came out when I opened them, I'm not going to add a whole skeletal system just the two don't look like they're falling with style.

Black Ninja
Jul 13, 2006, 05:17 PM
Rux.

ThunderPX
Jul 14, 2006, 02:17 AM
Okay, we need a Fooruman skin. But what would his gun look like? Or would he shoot from his hand?

Black Ninja
Jul 14, 2006, 12:54 PM
He'd shoot from his hand, ideally. If he needed a gun though, I'd imagine it'd be something sleek and mystical looking.

n00b
Jul 14, 2006, 02:40 PM
Hey BN, do you still have the Fooruman sprite where he's facing the front from Fooman 2? I think that'd be an insanely helpful reference.
EDIT- Nevermind, got it from Fooman1

Black Ninja
Jul 14, 2006, 08:26 PM
For the record, Fooman 2 is still in development and very much owning. I even fixed the collision detection so it works. Go me.

NovaStar
Jul 15, 2006, 03:17 AM
I made some FooProducts related skins, I have no idea how to implement them ingame.
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lijik/RazzArenaStuff/raskins.png
EDIT- Thats how the models came out when I opened them, I'm not going to add a whole skeletal system just the two don't look like they're falling with style.
I would make somthing like that, if I knew how :(

piet
Jul 17, 2006, 03:16 PM

openup RazzArenaPak0.pk3 with winzip or winrar and browse to models\players\jazz\ and take a look at the tga files.

then copy/extract a set of .skin files and edit it and fill in the file names of your newly made skin.

create a new pk3(zip) file with the same folder structure (models\players\jazz)
in there put your new .skin files and the .tga files you made.

something like:

models\players\jazz\head_yourname.skin
models\players\jazz\upper_yourname.skin
models\players\jazz\lower_yourname.skin
models\players\jazz\yourname.tga

dont forget to rename the .zip to pk3 ;) and yes you need to put it inside "razzdata" :P

NovaStar
Jul 18, 2006, 12:45 AM
I would make somthing like that, if I knew how :(

He-hem.

ThunderPX
Jul 18, 2006, 03:42 AM
http://razzarena.da.ru/?page=models

EDIT: If I was any good at modeling I would so make a model of my character. And maybe some Brainfart characters.

NovaStar
Jul 18, 2006, 11:39 PM
...that still doesn't help.
:(

Camou
Jul 20, 2006, 01:41 AM
...that still doesn't help.
:(

Grow Brains (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=milkshape&btnG=Search)

n00b
Jul 20, 2006, 05:30 AM
openup RazzArenaPak0.pk3 with winzip or winrar and browse to models\players\jazz\ and take a look at the tga files.

then copy/extract a set of .skin files and edit it and fill in the file names of your newly made skin.

create a new pk3(zip) file with the same folder structure (models\players\jazz)
in there put your new .skin files and the .tga files you made.

something like:

models\players\jazz\head_yourname.skin
models\players\jazz\upper_yourname.skin
models\players\jazz\lower_yourname.skin
models\players\jazz\yourname.tga

dont forget to rename the .zip to pk3 ;) and yes you need to put it inside "razzdata" :P

Alright, thanks for the .skin info. That's what I needed.

DaPete10
Jul 20, 2006, 09:19 AM
Now running a dedicated server, which will be up until Monday if my computer doesn't crash. The level is Castle1.

MSB3000
Jul 20, 2006, 09:29 AM
I shouldv'e asked this earlier: what is (the) CD_KEY?

Stijn
Jul 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
There is none, just click next/ok/whatever text is on the button

ThunderPX
Jul 20, 2006, 10:27 AM
When joining UF's server I get INVALID_CDKEY.

MSB3000
Jul 20, 2006, 03:02 PM
Me too. That's why I asked. :(

OH NOES. A bug. IN THE GAME. QUICK! SMASH IT! OMGOMGOMGOGOG

(Sorry, it must be the planetary alignment.)

DaPete10
Jul 20, 2006, 04:19 PM
The CD Keys, according to my readme of RA, are:

razzdontneedq3a
0JazzJackrabbit0

Note that these will not work with Quake 3 Arena.

NOW GET PLAYING!

(The Server was restarted, it's up again. It uses the CDKey 0jazzjackrabbit0.)

ThunderPX
Jul 21, 2006, 01:10 AM
The list is empty, so apparently not.

n00b
Jul 21, 2006, 09:03 AM
I'm having trouble adding my skins into RA. I did a testrun of two Jazz skins (Black Ninja and a Rabbit Zombie) and neither worked. BN crashed the game when I tried to select it, and while it was possible to select the Zombie, he just appeared as the default skin in the selection screen, and crashed the game when I tried to play as him.

DaPete10
Jul 21, 2006, 10:22 AM
For some reason, my server got delisted. It's back up now, and it'll be shut down sometime within the next week.

And if you want me to host a custom map, send it to me at certifiedunknownfile@gmail.com, then I'll see if I can get it working.

piet
Jul 22, 2006, 05:14 AM
When joining UF's server I get INVALID_CDKEY.

servers without seta sv_strictAuth "0" in there configuration CANT be joined
so put that line inside your q3config.cfg (or look for it it may be allready there but set to 1

DaPete10
Jul 22, 2006, 12:52 PM
The server is down again while I figure some stuff out on the network. If all goes well, it'll be up tomorrow.

And just to let you know now that the guy on the server called Jazz is a bot.

NovaStar
Jul 22, 2006, 02:50 PM
Grow Brains (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=milkshape&btnG=Search)

Great, that still doesn't answer my question.
Anyone?

Sonyk
Jul 22, 2006, 05:42 PM
You quite clearly do not understand how Google works, then.

DaPete10
Jul 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
It's up again, sadly.

Now go play.

ThunderPX
Jul 23, 2006, 02:52 AM
The first page on Google alone has three tutorials. Granted, one of them is in Dutch, but that still leaves two.

NovaStar
Aug 19, 2006, 09:03 PM
Reviv'd since there's a new version.

No, Jackle, nobody can quite clearly find an answer to my question. Off I go on another time-wasting searching quest to find answers...

Anyways, I found there's DoubleGJ's DarkJazz skin in RazzArena0.pk3, so I'm testing to see if it works, and if it doesn't crash like Zombie Rabbit and Black Ninja crashes n00b's...

ThunderPX
Aug 20, 2006, 04:37 AM
There's also a new topic, so you could've brought this there.