PDA

View Full Version : Disturbed (warning, bloody)

Cobra
Aug 16, 2001, 09:14 PM
*Disclaimer: This is a bloody, disturbing story that resulted from an injured neck and a late night. Bwaha! All characters (sans Cobra) used without permission.*

===

Like a phantom rising from the dark, the cloaked figure raised itself from the blood and gore it had previously been laid upon. Two ruby-hued eyes shone out from within the depths of the hood as with a definite malice. With some slight stumbling, the figure stood, shakily, trembling. But fate had not chosen to favor this being today, and once again the black-shrouded person collapsed into the gore, the hood falling off to reveal blood-red hair.

With eyes that glowed like embers, burning with rage yet reddened by blood, she raised her face upwards and let loose a half-human half-animal scream. But it was not a scream of pain or a cry of anguish; the unearthly sound was a lament.

The blood that seeped into her lightless garments – was it hers? Or did it belong to some hapless victim? Why was it that she couldn’t remember?

Blood leaked out of the corner of her mouth, and she spat, repulsed by the awful taste. But that was soon forgotten as she lurched forward and retched a stream of blood mingled with stomach acid. Coughing a few times, she collapsed.

Blurred images flashed through her mind of faint and hazy figures – was it her past? What was it that she saw?

Pulling herself up to her feet, she once again screamed. Why was she here?

Reaching out to a stalagmite nearby, she steadied herself. Something was amiss about this all. And nothing could explain the blood.

Closing her eyes gave her no haven for her unsettled mind. Reaching down she grabbed a sword – where had it come from? – and in a demented state started hacking away at the stone walls with animal-like wails.

It seemed as if in the dark enemies lurked who laughed at her disgrace. She wanted to make them stop; she just wanted them to be quiet!

She looked up and for some reason saw light. It appeared that she was in a pit of sorts. Slinging the sword upon her back, she clawed her inch-long black nails into the rock in attempt to get out.

For some reason the rock cracked and her nails sunk in, and she clambered out.

The sky was darkened with billows of smoke and the sky was red. The ground itself was marbled black and red, with craters and flames dotting the landscape.

Her sword fell from her back as she raised her arms and let out a half-animal half-siren lament. She dropped to her knees as her voice started to lower to a growl. She could feel blood rising in her throat, but as the crimson, liquid life streamed across her bared teeth and cut lips her lament did not stop.

The voices in her ears did not stop; they seemed to go faster and faster until they were a buzz that etched her ears and made her tear at them.

Bringing her paws to her head she raised her eyes as the fire of the earth consumed the sky itself. Was this the end?

“AUGH!” she flew straight up and raised her arms to protect herself. The fire was gone though.

As her eyes cleared she saw several figures surrounding her, all in hospital scrubs. An IV pole dripped fluids into her trembling arm, and from the looks of her other arm they had been injecting her with all kinds of things.

She let her arms drop as she fell back and started sobbing. She heard a faint voice say “She’s made it.”

She made no complaint as they examined her and injected her with more. In mute agony, she trembled in fear. What had happened? What had become of the fire, the blood? Why wasn’t she coughing blood?

And why had the earth been marbled red and black?

Her bloodshot eyes flew open as she bolted to a sitting position.

“WHOAREYOU!” she proclaimed to the shadow-like person who had entered her hospital room.

“It’s me, that’s all.” A meek but friendly voice said.

The short gray rabbit looked familiar, and it too her a while to recognize her.

“D-ducky?” she stuttered. The gray rabbit nodded.

“I found you raving in the forest. You’ve been strapped to your bed for three days, raving like…” her words stopped, but she filled in the rest of the sentence for her.

”...like a maniac.”

“I didn’t mean that. We’ve been worried about you.” She said, defensively.

“What happened to the fires?”

“There are no fires.”

“Whose blood was it?”

“There was no blood. Cobra, you were hallucinating.”

“But it was so real! The acidic feel in my mouth, the heat of the fires!”

Ducky shook her head. “None of that happened.”

Cobra fell back in silence.

This would take some time to get over.

===

This serves no purpose...does it?

Ducky
Aug 17, 2001, 08:40 AM
Ooh, groovy, Cobra. Most creepy.

I think it does have a purpose. You know.

Is it to be continued?

`Ducky

Kaz
Aug 17, 2001, 02:14 PM
How sad... I've seen things like that before... very frightening and bone chilling...

Intereging!

*BlackSheep
Aug 18, 2001, 10:41 AM
Your writing makes me want to CRY.

Very spiffyocular.

*Black

DrJones
Aug 31, 2001, 01:15 AM
Neat-o.

Kaz
Aug 31, 2001, 11:04 AM
Dr. Jones... the guy who spoke in one word sentences with words like Neat-o...

GuMmYBeAr!
Sep 4, 2001, 12:32 PM
YaY cobwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

neet-o

spifeyocuealar

*BlackSheep
Sep 6, 2001, 07:37 AM
So.......?

*Black

Haze
Sep 7, 2001, 11:31 AM
Must... read... or else... go... mental... fab-...ulistic...!

-hazey

DrJones
Sep 18, 2001, 01:34 AM
I am the bunny of few words.

So...will this story get a continuation?

Cobra
Sep 18, 2001, 10:56 AM
Dunno. I made it while I was on pain killers (neck injury), and who knows what I was thinking. It was kinda like dreams I've had, where things make no sense and that which wasn't there a moment ago suddenly appears.

Perhaps I can make this into a story in which Cobra loses her sanity! *cackles*

DrJones
Sep 18, 2001, 01:42 PM
That'll be cool. It's your story in the end, so do what you think is right, it be continuation or dropping it. Still, it was worth reading.

Lamer
Sep 18, 2001, 07:04 PM
I just read it, it's cool. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FireSworD
Oct 4, 2001, 08:01 PM
And now i may ask why you're an Administrator?!

FQuist
Oct 7, 2001, 04:17 AM
Please stay on topic..

FireSworD
Oct 7, 2001, 09:44 AM
Now Quisty, i was on topic, that was a reaction to the story.
I mean i can tolerate blood but Gore is a completely differen't
story. And "bloody" can be used as profanity (if used in a certian way).

Cobra
Oct 7, 2001, 03:15 PM
If you don't like blood, then why did you ignor the warning, hmm?

purplesheep
Oct 7, 2001, 07:04 PM
good story! i liked the dialogue a lot. my pain killer is other people. HA! just kidding!

have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?
np: U2 - one
jb!

FireSworD
Oct 7, 2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Cobra
If you don't like blood, then why did you ignor the warning, hmm?

I didn't care about the blood i just wanted to hear the story
but i quickly lost interest when "gore" was involved.