PDA

View Full Version : How to get shields in the internet play?

Biao Wraind
Nov 25, 2006, 07:05 AM
I saw someone which has a shield, is it possible to get it?

Stijn
Nov 25, 2006, 07:20 AM
Yes, but a a shield monitor has to be in the level to get it. So it depends on the level whether you can get it (or you have to cheat, but people will pity you for that).

KRSplat
Nov 25, 2006, 04:33 PM
In the past, shields were taboo. If you use shields regularly when they are available, some people will disapprove.

Radium
Nov 25, 2006, 05:31 PM
There are two ways to get a shield: smash a shield monitor in the level or cheat. People generally get mad if you do either, unless it's one of those shields you need to go through a 50-100 coin warp to get.

EvilMike
Nov 25, 2006, 05:40 PM
People don't really get mad any more about shields if they are properly in the level. They did like 3 years ago, now I never see people complain. They're really overrated in terms of power, since getting hit takes off 5 or 10 seconds, and only the water shield is a good weapon, while the fire shield actually is a pretty terrible weapon.

Puffie40
Nov 26, 2006, 12:38 AM
I also notice you get two different time limits on the shields. If you stomp/uppercut/sidekick the moniter, you get about 15 seconds. If you shoot it, you will get 30 or so seconds.

DoubleGJ
Nov 26, 2006, 04:51 AM
People don't really get mad any more about shields if they are properly in the level. They did like 3 years ago, now I never see people complain. They're really overrated in terms of power, since getting hit takes off 5 or 10 seconds, and only the water shield is a good weapon, while the fire shield actually is a pretty terrible weapon.
True, but remember you can always switch to a different weapon when being protected by a shield.

Cpp
Nov 26, 2006, 05:04 AM
I also notice you get two different time limits on the shields. If you stomp/uppercut/sidekick the moniter, you get about 15 seconds. If you shoot it, you will get 30 or so seconds.Yeah, thats exactly what I used in my instagib level pack. Made some tubes that make a player stomp a shield and give him 15 seconds. It's just enough to absorb a couple of hits.

Grytolle
Nov 27, 2006, 01:39 PM
You could also find out from ERE's list of memory addresses!