PDA

View Full Version : What If

Pages : [1] 2

ambesoftware
Jan 5, 2007, 01:24 PM
Stijn: I placed some relevant links here on top for the reader's convenience. The rest of the post remains unaltered.
Forum (http://sheraton.domeneshop.no/www.ambesoftware.com/Forum/)
Site (http://www.ambesoftware.com/Jazz3)
<hr>
How much support would I get If I were to say that my indie game company have started making JJ3? hypotethically speaking ..

I've been reading the archives of this forum and I can see that the list of people who have wanted or "tryed" making this game is long.

And for some reson most of you think that making a game is some thing impossible to the normal human, this is not true one man can make a game it just takes time.

I saw that the problem with the old JJ3 game had problems with finding a publisher, this is not a problem at all you just got to know the right people.

We're not using Epic's Unreal engine so we won't have to pay a billion dollars to publish it.

Well this Isn't all hypotethically speaking, actualy nothing of it is, we have in fact started developing the game.

I don't know if theres already some one else trying to do the same, thought i dubt it.

Well anyways We're in need of your support, well we'll make the game with or with out your support of course, but it would be nice having the community with us on this.

So please back us up, I wasn't too sure about posting this thought but I feel that the people that loves Jazz the most should know.

Regards,
Erlend - ambesoftware

NovaStar
Jan 5, 2007, 01:51 PM
Wow. Uhh, I certainly didn't think JJ3 would come near release in my time.

Hang on, wouldn't you have to use different characters from Jazz, Spaz and Lori?

Stijn
Jan 5, 2007, 02:12 PM
Have you considered that the Jazz Jackrabbit franchise/characters are intellectual property of Epic?

ambesoftware
Jan 5, 2007, 02:54 PM
yes of course, I'm not asking for advise here. I'm asking your opinion, why would you think that we havent already tougth about that for our self. but thanks for your concern.. I guess .. sounded a bit hostile thought .. ^^

Grytolle
Jan 5, 2007, 03:00 PM
Well, given that you get all the legal issues sorted out, I'm sure you can request virtually anything from anyone here ;p

ambesoftware
Jan 5, 2007, 04:10 PM
working on it , I just wanted to know if this would all be worth the effort ^^ .. I hope it is :P

Xplosive
Jan 5, 2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah theres a lot of jazz fans here and it would be well worth it , But keep some of the game Origanal please.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jan 5, 2007, 05:25 PM
I'm a little confused by your business model. How would you expect to make money on this/why would you not be concerned with publisher difficulties?

ambesoftware
Jan 6, 2007, 04:53 AM
Well, as long as Epic lets us, finding a willing publisher isn't a problem(if this was your question? )

n00b
Jan 6, 2007, 05:21 AM
I would make a proof-of-concept first to wow Epic with.
We've sent enough "Can I continue Jazz??/" emails to Epic which has annoyed them. Or at least Mark Rein and Tim Sweeny.

Stijn
Jan 6, 2007, 07:28 AM
yes of course, im not asking for advise here. I'm asking your opinion, why would you think that we havent already tougth about that for our self. but thanks for your concern.. I guess .. sounded a bit hostile thought .. ^^
Well, what I asked you was exactly the reason for which we haven't considered making it ourselves I think; that the characters and franchise are someone else's property and that we can't use them for a new game without licensing it.

Also most of us don't really have the time to work on such a big project I think, as we're all busy with school et cetera. :)

I also doubt that when Epic gives us their blessing it would be easy to find a publisher. Publishers want to make profit; a bunch of high school kids (which most of us here are, I don't know about you) saying they're gonna make a sequel to a game that didn't sell very well in the first place without any financial backup or substantial portfolio (I guess ambesoftware's site would've shown something if you had actually releases something already) won't give them very much confidence in whether this project is gonna be finished or will sell well.

Perhaps you'd convince me if you gave a little more information on the team you're doing this with and your prior experience :). Also, you said you're not gonna use the Unreal engine, which one are you using then?

FQuist
Jan 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
Hey, interesting thread.

If I may inquire, what kind of staff do you/would you have working on the game? You mentioned it being a one man project. How do you deal with art, design, etc? Do you have any sort of business model?

Questions like these may come over as hostile - I don't think many of us mean them so, and would love to see a project as you describe come off the ground and work, but with the information given it is not very easy to judge the prospects of such a project - and its support. Support needs trust, first. With proper information, you're much more likely to get the project off the ground.

Regarding publishers, I'm not sure, but I thought *Epic Games* actually helped in the problem of finding a publisher. You say finding a publisher is just about knowing the right people. That seems a simple answer to the problem - I'd think a huge company such as Epic wouldn't fail because they didn't know any people. The (US) unpopularity of JJ2 - and thus the possible lack of sales prospects for JJ3 - might be more of the problem.

Anaiyu
Jan 6, 2007, 11:48 AM
Well, the guy sounds good-hearted, I'll give him that. But if you're going to write a letter to Epic asking permission to use the Jazz trio, make sure it's written well. No "please ^^" and smilies and whatnot. Make it sound as professional and flawless as you can.

Also, Jazz3D doesn't look or play like a terrible game, but no one showed interest in publishing it (or at least I think that's how it went..). Like Stijn said, what makes you think anyone is going to want to publish a sequel to a game that didn't do so hot the second time around?

I think this could work out more if the whole publishing and making money idea was thrown out. It would be much more approachable to just say, "Hey, we're making a freeware game, we don't want to screw up the plot and characters like JJGBA." You know.. For the fans, by the fans. Which is basically what half these kids have been attempting to do for years.

What you're asking is like a hamburger. You've got the buns, but where's the beef?

Radium
Jan 6, 2007, 12:40 PM
It's an old game, so there's always the option of buying rights (which isn't unheard of (http://wyrmkeep.com/)). Though I kind of suspect that if everyone donated money we'd only raise like 200 dollars.

Monolith
Jan 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
Hi, would you mind giving us a brief list of games or other software projects you have worked on? How many titles have you completed and shipped?

Also, could you tell us a little more about this project? What is your timeline like, and where are you in it now? Are you making the design from scratch, or are you working off of the previously attempted Jazz3D by World Tree Games? What resources (money, personal, intellectual property, etc.) will you need and how much of that do you have so far?

We are interested in seeing a (good) new game in the Jazz Jackrabbit series. Because of this we are interested in the plausibility of your proposal.

ambesoftware
Jan 6, 2007, 07:56 PM
A wise man once said the difficult is done at once the impossible just takes a bit longer. I'm sure you all are interested in seeing a good game here, and it will be. We're using the story form the old game (kidnapped family) but We're be adding alot of stuff like cutscenes and dialog between the characters and people in the game.

I tought if we could play the game with just jazz that it would give us the opportunity to meet the other charaters (spaz and lori ) and interact with them in the game.

I've also wanted to add the chapters in, with parodies of other : games ,films etc like jazz2.

The game play will be like in jazz2 with the left hook and the spining ears when you jump in mid air, and of course the air board.

But this is all open for discustion since we're still in the startup fase.

My staff, most of them are a mercenaries, they do what they're payed to and moves on.

As for the engine we're using the 3DGS A6 - Pro, its a realy good engine and cheap 899USD for the pro edition. A good game made with this engine would be for example "Axys - The battle agains the lies", "Sunset Down " "Glider" "Days of sail" "Stromberg" Google them, oh yeah and KABUS 22 http://www.kabus22.com/.

We have the concept art for Jazz ready, and the main movement is down(running, superRunning, shooting and jumping aswell as a cammera script that is much better than the one the old game had .) and the Modeler and animator is just waiting for my go to make Jazz.

Radium, I'm not asking for any money form the community, But Is there anyone that knows what the rights for the game would cost ? let me know.

As for other company projects, as I said It's an Indie Gamedevelopment company, but the rate of company projects have been low. We have mostly done work for other companys and made our money that way with no real care for the projects at hand, as long as I get my money for the scripting I do I'm happy, right? But this doesn't mean We don't know how to put together a great game.

I will give you a demo of the scripting and the gameplay when I get done with the movement code, so you can see for yourselfs.

I hope this awnsers some of you questions, keep asking.

Regards,
Erlend - ambesoftware

Strato
Jan 6, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hmm, why use Jazz's likeness? Why not just create a spiritual sequel? It's the hip thing to do, and you don't have to pay for the rights.

...use Skitch Possum.

Monolith
Jan 6, 2007, 11:00 PM
I am still interested in hearing what titles you and your team members have worked on before. Who is working with you on this anyway? What are all of your roles? Also, how did you learn about Jazz Jackrabbit and what made you pick up this project?

Stijn
Jan 7, 2007, 01:58 AM
(For screenshots of that Axys game, http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/axys_adventures_truth_seeker_battle_against_the_li es. From what I understand, you're using 3D GameStudio (http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/3dgs.htm) for the game, right?)

I'd still be interested in the size of your staff and your solution of the publisher problem :)

Xobim
Jan 7, 2007, 04:48 AM
This could be a weird question, but isn't using the quake 3 engine a possibility?
Spending 900 dollars on a game engine is quite a lot of money, especially if there is a very small chance that the game will ever be sold...

ThunderPX
Jan 7, 2007, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure if you can freely use the Q3 engine for a commercial project, Xobim. I recall something being up with that, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Epic would even want to sell the rights to Jazz. But if you can look and sound convincing enough (like Stijn said) they may just consider it. On the other hand, it would be a lot simpler to make a spiritual sequel like Strato mentioned.

The main problem with JJ2 was that the publishers simply didn't do their job right, thus a lack of advertising. Even though JJ2 just wasn't as well polished as JJ1, shorter and too easy in general, it probably would have done better if there had been better advertising (for example, in Europe the game did a lot better.) You could perhaps bring that up if you really want to use Jazz.

Stijn
Jan 7, 2007, 09:40 AM
The Q3 engine source was released under the GPL license, so all derivative works should be released under the GPL license too, AFAIK; there would be no problem with selling a Q3-based game in stores, but the source code should be available for free too.

ambesoftware
Jan 7, 2007, 02:10 PM
To make a grate game one must care for his project, and wan't it done. I do not care for "Skitch Possum".

As for what we have worked on, there's no mature titels, I can give you some titles but I'm not sure you would have heard any thing about them. The river bent project, I've done some scripting for Zelda - Sword of Power (fan game) and so on, And I could also mention our last project a Desert combat like game. I worked on that ntil the project manager and my best friend killed him self november last year.

Xobim, I allready own this engine and there's no additonally phublishing fee.

Keep asking, I'll be back tomorrow.

Regards,
Erlend - Ambesoftware

Monolith
Jan 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
I can't find anything on the names you've given. Links would be helpful. I'm also still interested in the answers to other questions I've asked above. Thanks.

Ninja 101
Jan 8, 2007, 04:18 AM
If it were published well... ^_^

ambesoftware
Jan 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
I've wouldn't know, I give them the scripts they give me money .. although, heres the one of the companys, that one behind the resort game: http://www.nordic-epitaph.com/.

As for the question about my roles, did you mean like what I do in our company? If that is the question: I'm a scripter.

I first played the game when my brother brought it home from one of he's trips Jazz Jackrabbit on a floppy disk (remember those?^^)(or 2 ) I could play for hours ^^ great game, played it on windows 95(the good times ^^).

How I got the idea.. well I was playing jazz2 on my laptop and I thought "this would be cool in 3D" I remembered seeing some thing like that surfing the nett a while back, and that it was canceled, sounds a bit simple but thats the truth^^.

That should cover your questions. Keep asking^^

Regards,
Erlend

Stijn
Jan 8, 2007, 10:55 AM
I'd still be interested in the size of your staff and your solution of the publisher problem :)<br />

ambesoftware
Jan 8, 2007, 11:32 AM
Oh , I'm sorry I forgot.

Here's the thing for our publisher: I have a long list of possible publishers, the thing we need to do now is start sending mails, but this won't be done ntil I get a clear awnser form epic. (I can post a list if thats needed)^^

As for the team: we are 3 and We are looking for the fourth (a level designer).

Keep 'em commin'

Regards,
Erlend

Xobim
Jan 9, 2007, 06:33 AM
Will th 3D version be FPS or TPS?

Olsen
Jan 9, 2007, 07:01 AM
I'll LOVE you if there was a chance to make it into the style as Sonic Rush (3D modeled characters, and perhaps levels(!), but 2D levels.)

I'm not the biggest fan of 3D platformers D: I still play them but I like 2D more.

This sounds really nice either way, though.

Sacrush
Jan 9, 2007, 07:14 AM
I'm really interested in this and want to wish you good luck, I hope everything will works out.

ambesoftware
Jan 9, 2007, 08:27 AM
The game will be will be TPS , and like Jazz2 in game play (just 3d)

and Olsen, We're disgusting the possibility of having a mini game with the big game, with classic game play. But you could all give your opinion and it will be taken into consideration.

Good to hear Sacrush.

Regards,
Erlend.

Alister
Jan 9, 2007, 08:46 AM
I'd ask the same questions as Monolith, as well as the following:

How much of your budget have you obtained capital for? What are your prospects for obtaining remaining capital?

You say that you've worked on projects for other companies. Do you and your colleagues have any experience of working together as a team? What experience does the team leader have in software project management?

The posts you have made here are inherently part of your PR. Why, then, does there seem to be little quality control over your PR? The quality of the language in your posts is substandard. If Epic Games were to allow the use of the Jazz Jackrabbit franchise, they would definitely demand more disciplined PR.

Sacrush
Jan 9, 2007, 09:12 AM
Might as well ask some questions while I'm add it.

Will the game be splitted into levels just like JJ2 or will it be one big world just like the cancelled JJ3?

Will it have familiar worlds and enemies that are seen in JJ2 and/or JJ1?

What about multiplayer? any plans for that?

This is all I can think of as for now, I hope to see something (Screenshots?)from this soon.

Xobim
Jan 9, 2007, 11:19 AM
Will the 3D bonus levels return? ((((=

ambesoftware
Jan 9, 2007, 11:44 AM
Alister,
since we haven't gotten any kind of permission form the Epic corporation, the big money haven't been invested. And looking for sponsors with no clarification form Epic would be stupid.

I will be honest and say: we do not have much experience working together.
But we are all nice people, I don't think that will be a problem.

As for the PR, you are free to join to get our PR sorted.
We would love to have you.

Sacrush,

It will be a combination between the original JJ3 game play and JJ2 platform jumping. But this is all up for debate.

There will be a multiplayer gamemode of course.

Xobim,

seeing as the game is in 3D, But we haven't really thought of bonus levels.

Regards,

ShadeJackrabbit
Jan 9, 2007, 05:20 PM
Hmmm.... maybe if you could get a good lawyer to right it up...

One of the important things to remember is keep everything in the letter business, no small talk or anything like that.

Now it's time to look at things from a lawyers perspective (the evil kind who knowingly help murderers:

-A company of less than 100 people isn't worth investing in.
-In the near future we may find a way to squeeze more juice from the series.
-The fan base is what? 1000 people? That's baby peas.
-How many commercial games have they made? Let's see... Zero I think is right.
-Who's gonna publish it? We tried that, remember? And if our engine ain't good enough...

Now you see, these are all things you have to work with. A successful game sells more than 1 000 000 copies. Now even if people try it, there is probably enough prejudice against it for publishers to get queezy.

Now, I'm not trying to be mean. In fact, I'm hoping this thing gets going! But it's important to be realistic, not just optimistic.

Anyways, good luck guys! :)

Grytolle
Jan 9, 2007, 08:53 PM
Why is being realistic important? You state that as a fact, without gving any support for it :(

Olsen
Jan 10, 2007, 10:40 AM
Okay, I give my vote that you add that kind of minigame, if you ever get the time. ;)

ambesoftware
Jan 10, 2007, 11:06 AM
Is important to be realistic in what you do, but we ain't looking for any big time investors, so what you see as a problem here isn't realy an issue. We might be lookin for some sponsors but that is'nt to be delt with yet. But the people working on this game is getting there money.

Olsen
that makes at least 3 votes (including mine 4)^^

Regards,
Erlend

n00b
Jan 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
-A company of less than 100 people isn't worth investing in.

I stopped right here. Do you know how many games these days are made with less than 100 people?
Hell, I should have stopped when you said that Epic has lawyers that help murderers.

Alister
Jan 10, 2007, 11:35 AM
Sorry, I didn't quite express myself correctly. What I meant was, have you secured any guarantees of capital, and do you think you would be able to secure enough for your budget? Looking for sponsors at this stage would not be stupid. It would show Epic Games that you are committed to the project, and have the resources to make good use of their franchise.

ambesoftware
Jan 11, 2007, 10:17 AM
We havent secured any guarantees of capital yet, but I think you have a point with the sponsors, so I'll talk it over with the guys.

Here is the concept art for the jazz model if anyone want's to take a look. Jazz3.ambesoftware.com.

Regards,
Erlend

Radium
Jan 12, 2007, 12:24 PM
We havent secured any guarantees of capital yet, but I think you have a point with the sponsors, so I'll talk it over with the guys.

Here is the concept art for the jazz model if anyone want's to take a look. Jazz3.ambesoftware.com.

Regards,
Erlend
Gah, scrolling on that page lags so bad. The resize tool, good sir! You can't have HTML do everything for you.

Olsen
Jan 13, 2007, 09:10 AM
I like it. Are you talking about this in any other forum? Like, some kind of coding forum/developing forum or the like.

ambesoftware
Jan 14, 2007, 10:35 AM
I apologize for the big image files but it is so to give you best quality.

We do have a forum but thats only for the developers, however at:

http://Jazz3.ambesoftware.com there will be a news site with the latest news about the game.

Regards,
Erlend

Jazz J.
Jan 14, 2007, 02:27 PM
I'm glad to hear that JJ3 is back in development! Did you contact with Cliffy B? He would be amazed to know the news :) How soon do you expect the reply from EPIC?
Is the music gonna be the same style as in previous games? I like Alexander Brandon way of making music for JJ series.

ambesoftware
Jan 15, 2007, 10:43 AM
Hi there, I'm going to contact him early this week and ask some questions, I don't know when to expect an Email form Epic and I don't wan't to spam them or anything. the music is hopfully gonna be the same as in the old JJ3 if I can reach Alexander.

http://Jazz3.ambesoftware.com Updated.

Regards,
Erlend

Xobim
Jan 15, 2007, 11:09 AM
Interesting...

So, what are the main improvements going to be? Or is that question asked too soon?

ambesoftware
Jan 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
please be more specific

Olsen
Jan 15, 2007, 12:52 PM
Nice to see a site being up.

This is perhaps a bit too early to ask, but has anything (movement, mostly) been coded yet? Or are you still on the sketching stage?

Keep it up, it looks great! :)

ambesoftware
Jan 15, 2007, 01:06 PM
tha main movement code(run superrun jump) done, but with a box as jazz. model is comming shortly.

Torkell
Jan 15, 2007, 01:55 PM
ambesoftware: the link for the "Side" image is broken.

ambesoftware
Jan 15, 2007, 02:21 PM
Sorry about that, I fixed it so it should work now.
Thanks for reporting.

ambesoftware
Jan 16, 2007, 05:00 AM
The website is down at the moment, but the website and a Fan Fourm will be up laiter today so I hope as manny as possible join in.

Edit: The forum will be up in about 36 hours, the host must activate our site for MySQL.
Sorry

Olsen
Jan 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
tha main movement code(run superrun jump) done, but with a box as jazz. model is comming shortly.

Sounds very nice! I'm excited. :D

ambesoftware
Jan 16, 2007, 01:55 PM
The forum is up, took less time than expected, so sign up as fast as you can ^^.
http://www.ambesoftware.com/Forum
Regards,
Erlend

FQuist
Jan 16, 2007, 02:50 PM
Just a note of order, it does not seem tactical to call your game "Jazz Jackrabbit 3" (or a similar name) before having any rights as to the name (or even the characters) whatsoever.

ShadeJackrabbit
Jan 16, 2007, 05:11 PM
I think everyone missed the point that I am on your side. And I have seen lawyers who act exactly like that.

n00b
Jan 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
Well no duh sherlock, no one goes around all "I'm on your side, but hey, if I wasn't heres what I'd say"

Still, Epic having lawyers who help murderers, think through that again: Epic having lawyers who help murderers, is a pretty ludicris situation to make a whole post about if you're for ambesoftware

ambesoftware
Jan 16, 2007, 10:29 PM
Fquist I don't think this will be a problem see as I don't make you pay me any thing, just like any other fan site.

nakke
Jan 16, 2007, 11:56 PM
Oh please, you aren't really serious about this are you? Right?

ambesoftware
Jan 17, 2007, 12:21 AM
I am, why the hostile attitude ?

Stijn
Jan 17, 2007, 04:37 AM
Because nowadays, games are made with teams of more than 20 persons, take several years to create and cost 20 million dollar, on average. You are not really giving the impression you can even remotely meet this, especially not if you keep insisting getting the rights from Epic "won't be a real problem" while I doubt Epic will be as enthusiastic as you are about this project.

Then again, it's a better attempt than what has been done before, and I don't know enough about game design to rule out the possibility of making a commercial game with an outdated engine, 3 team members and no rights on the characters you're planning to use. Maybe you have good connections with Epic or something, I wouldn't know. But to me you're giving the impression of someone who just suddenly had the idea "hey, let's make JJ3" and started with it without much planning. I hope I turn out to be wrong :)

nakke
Jan 17, 2007, 08:36 AM
Well, because honestly from your messages on this thread and the overall look of the homepage, it seems like you're just somebody who wanted to make A VIDEO GAME after learning some java at school.

I hope I turn out to be wrong, but I highly doubt this will be any kind of a commercial product in the end anyway. At least not with "Jazz Jackrabbit" in its name.

ambesoftware
Jan 17, 2007, 09:17 AM
Hi there,

well I know what you mean but its not the case, as you have seen I'm not that good with words, but put your self in my position how would you put it ? See, it's much easier to give critic and say it wont work than it is answering the critic your self. Well the big "blooper" I did was making this thread so early, but we needed someone to give us feedback on different things.

And Stijn you don't need a big team and alot of money to make something great you need time.

with a positive attitude you help, with a negativ attitude your working against us.

Regards,
Erlend

Gavie
Jan 17, 2007, 09:59 AM
Eventually we are all on one line: we want this game to happen

He needs some positive words from us, because he wouldn't be the first dev. to drop a project similar like this, not the first at all..

I don't believe this is somekind of impossible dream..

Xobim
Jan 17, 2007, 10:44 AM
Well, when I see you creating a whole website about your idea, I think this might end up good...

ambesoftware
Jan 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
yeah, but the website will be improved, its not that good at the moment.

Xobim
Jan 17, 2007, 11:05 AM
Doesn't matter, it shows that you care about the project, methinks.

ambesoftware
Jan 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
If I didn't care for the project I would never have started.

Alister
Jan 17, 2007, 03:11 PM
I, for one, am trying my very best to be positive about this. Unfortunately, you're giving me very little to work with, and ultimately I have to be realistic. I think you are dedicated and enthusiastic about this project, but what you have said so far gives me very little confidence that you are capable pulling it off.

At this forum, we're very fond of the Jazz Jackrabbit franchise. We don't want to see it misused. Jazz Jackrabbit for the Gameboy Advance was a prime example of this. The game was not up to our standards, and some people were very displeased.

We admire anyone who tries to revive the franchise, providing they go about it the right way. You've left many of us unconvinced that you're going about it the right way. Sorry.

ShadeJackrabbit
Jan 17, 2007, 04:10 PM
Okay, apologizes for sounding harsh. Who help murderers was referring to lawyers who don't care whether the man is innocent or not.

And darn it I'm pessimistic. I like JJ2. I loved what there was of JJ3. I wish this could happen. (-), I would LOVE this to happen. But n00b, stop getting on my (-) back!

Now, I think this is possible, but I'm saying that you shouldn't start the war before the guns are on your side. Stijn made a good point, and I really hope that nakke is wrong. You are going to have to show heavy devotion, good work, and probably something playable before you go to epic.

So anyways, sorry for being an (-), n00b apologize too, and good luck, because I don't want my hopes dashed again!

n00b
Jan 17, 2007, 06:07 PM
I apologize for pointing out that Epic having lawyers that help murderers is a pretty ludicrous concept as well as pointing out many games today (mostly awesome budget titles (http://www.chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gish.htm), XBLA games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometry_Wars), and licensed GBA games (http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/supermanreturnsthevideogame/index.html)) do not have a team of over 100 people.

ShadeJackrabbit
Jan 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
Look, just shut it n00b. Honestly, I apologized, be a man and do the same. Stop trying to start fights with me.

Stijn
Jan 18, 2007, 01:15 AM
Indeed. There's no point on going on about this ridiculous "murderer lawyer" thing any longer, and any posts about it from here on will be deleted.

ambesoftware
Jan 18, 2007, 03:29 AM
At this forum, we're very fond of the Jazz Jackrabbit franchise. We don't want to see it misused. Jazz Jackrabbit for the Gameboy Advance was a prime example of this. The game was not up to our standards, and some people were very displeased.

Me for one, bought a game boy for that .. but this is one of the few good reasons for posting here, you get a saying.

and about Epic, they were small too once.

lawyers helping murderers ? thats a bit far fetched isn't it ?
well, I won't comment it further.

Olsen
Jan 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
So, any new progress?

ambesoftware
Jan 22, 2007, 11:23 PM
yeah, the player is spitting bullets, and a "look around" camera effect has been scripted, as well as some of the hud with the "bullet bar" and an aimpoint like the one in the old jj3(on the walls and floors).. and now to get the hanging code done.

Olsen
Jan 23, 2007, 05:51 AM
Neat! Is there a chance we could get to see a screenshot? Or perhaps it's too early to be shown? :)

ambesoftware
Jan 23, 2007, 06:14 AM
the player is still a box.. wouldn't be much of a viewing sensation..

Olsen
Jan 23, 2007, 06:22 AM
still would be nice to see how it looks anyway, if you dont want to release it to everyone you can send a screen to me if you want, through pm :)

Xplosive
Jan 23, 2007, 11:39 AM
Why don't you release this information on your forums? or is it on your website.
Spitting bullets? why does he do that , is it just something like when jazz eats a carrot or says hey comon whats up?

ambesoftware
Jan 23, 2007, 11:56 AM
well spitting bullets just means that he can now fire his weapon .. and I will release the info when I have time .. I'm supose to script the game aswell not just sit around awnering posts. so im sorry if I'm some times a bit slow with the updates :P

Birdie
Jan 23, 2007, 12:05 PM
I prefer normal crosshairs instead of the ones that go onto surfaces of the level. ;\

ambesoftware
Jan 23, 2007, 12:09 PM
well I make that a choice in the options ..

Olsen
Jan 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
so im sorry if I'm some times a bit slow with the updates :P

Heh, I'm just overjoyed to see someone working on this (and working very fast too, when comparing to other people who have tried) so take your time. :)

ambesoftware
Jan 23, 2007, 12:59 PM
well, I took 10 min to update the site, and the forum with a new board "progress"

EverLasting
Jan 31, 2007, 03:18 PM
There may be a slight chance that this message gets removed but.....

R O F L !

Edit:
Oh and btw me and a couple of friends are making Q4, I'll post with more info later.

Anaiyu
Jan 31, 2007, 05:30 PM
Edit:
Oh and btw me and a couple of friends are making Q4, I'll post with more info later.
lol

ambesoftware
Feb 1, 2007, 03:51 AM
Why should the message be removed ?
If your really rolling on the floor laughing I guess you have the right to say so. Hows sweden ? cold?

Edit:
Oh and good luck with Q4. hehe ^^

GoldRabbit
Feb 1, 2007, 05:49 AM
any new updates to the game?

Olsen
Feb 1, 2007, 10:40 AM
Hows sweden ? cold?

Yes :(

ambesoftware
Feb 1, 2007, 12:28 PM
any new updates to the game?
well I'm currently waiting for the jazz model, said to be done this sunday.
I'll upload pics of it in the forum and on the website, so check out the site on sunday, I hope its done till then.

ZippeR
Feb 2, 2007, 08:57 AM
You're doing this for free? :s

ambesoftware
Feb 2, 2007, 09:49 AM
hopefully not,
we'll see how things goes.

Gavie
Feb 6, 2007, 04:17 AM
I think the new model you posted on the website is amazing!

Great work!

ambesoftware
Feb 6, 2007, 06:32 AM
good to hear^^

Camou
Feb 6, 2007, 06:48 AM
The Jazz model looks great!

ambesoftware
Feb 6, 2007, 07:04 AM
glad you like it :P

Pako
Feb 6, 2007, 09:03 AM
Two words. Awe. Some. If Epic would see this, they would be Amazed.

ambesoftware
Feb 6, 2007, 09:05 AM
yeah we'll see, you know they have seen alot in there days :)
but its a good model

Radium
Feb 6, 2007, 02:32 PM
Wow; that is pretty good. Make sure you do some form of animation on the eyes in the final version; they look kind of like textures here.

Hm.. if you don't mind criticism, I think the tail and headband could use work. The headband is pretty good, but it's kind of level; I'd move the back down a bit. And the tail doesn't look that taily at all.

ambesoftware
Feb 7, 2007, 04:40 AM
we don't mind criticism as long as it of any use to the project, we will have animated eyes so the look doesn't look so empty you know.

ShadeJackrabbit
Feb 8, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hmm... good model. Looks cartooney... that's good! So if I read the forums right, you've got it moving and shooting? If so, good job.

Cpp
Feb 10, 2007, 01:45 AM
The model looks nice, but please please make it smile ^^
It looks so sad.

n00b
Feb 10, 2007, 05:39 AM
Just some small nitpicks on the model:
First, the Backpack flap is a smidge longer, going down to halfway or so, as shown here:
http://users.pandora.be/pyromanus/JJ2/Sprites/Bonus/jazz-bonus-idle.gif
Also, the backpack straps reconnect at the bottom of the backpack, not about halfway as seen in the current model.
Finally on a color note, the backpack straps are red, the armbands are orange(The image shows a yellowish color, and the vid shows red), and the most nit-pickyest of all, Jazz's eyes are blue.

Other than that and what has already been mentioned, it looks great.

ZippeR
Feb 10, 2007, 10:35 AM
First, the Backpack flap is a smidge longer, going down to halfway or so, as shown here:
http://users.pandora.be/pyromanus/JJ2/Sprites/Bonus/jazz-bonus-idle.gif

Lol ... I'd hate it ... ;p

ambesoftware
Feb 12, 2007, 02:39 AM
yeah, it needs a few finishing touches - it will be taken care of it in time

Hare
Feb 13, 2007, 01:36 AM
I hope you don't mind a little more input. I've been a longtime user of GameStudio. Good engine for indie development. Fairly easy to use. I've actually seen Axys before and had a chance to hang out with the programmer. He's only 18 if I recall.

Uhm, about getting the rights from Epic, though. I think there are a lot of things that would make this difficult.

Epic is a big company, and Jazz is still one of their greatest past achievements (although on the back burner for the time). If they are going to revive Jazz, they would want to make sure it is a hit. I really wouldn't see them handing off the production to an indie team. They've spent the mass of their attention on projects they had high hopes would be hits. Thats Why for like, 8 years all they've done is make Unreal titles. Now they are working with Microsoft, creating 360 exclusives and such. They are on the spotlight and they've got to look their best. They'd be making sure that anything with the epic logo on it is up to their standards. It would be hard to convince them that you can achieve this without some good proof that their property is in good hands, meeting their standards of quality.

Thats my biggest concern. Not to sound too negative.

ambesoftware
Feb 13, 2007, 02:37 AM
so you know David Lancaster ey? The GS engine gets better and better every day.

Rights: There are a lot of things that would make this difficult ofcource.
but we'll work as hard as possible and present them with a demo, remember that toon games are not expected the same graphics as Gears Of War.

Regards,
Erlend

Pako
Feb 13, 2007, 05:52 AM
Rights? Wasn't this a fangame?

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
How much support would I get If I were to say that my indie game company have started making JJ3? hypotethically speaking ..

I've been reading the archives of this forum and I can see that the list of people who have wanted or "tryed" making this game is long.

And for some reson most of you think that making a game is some thing impossible to the normal human, this is not true one man can make a game it just takes time.

I saw that the problem with the old JJ3 game had problems with finding a publisher, this is not a problem at all you just got to know the right people.

We're not using Epic's Unreal engine so we won't have to pay a billion dollars to publish it.

Well this Isn't all hypotethically speaking, actualy nothing of it is, we have in fact started developing the game.

I don't know if theres already some one else trying to do the same, thought i dubt it.

Well anyways We're in need of your support, well we'll make the game with or with out your support of course, but it would be nice having the community with us on this.

So please back us up, I wasn't too sure about posting this thought but I feel that the people that loves Jazz the most should know.

Regards,
Erlend - ambesoftware *prays he doesnt get gunned down* ^^
Yes jazz is back. oh thankyou the first game i ever played was jazz jackrabbit1 and i loved it. when i heard jazz3d got canned a part of my self died with it. but it's back and i hope it stays. Long live Jazz.

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 2, 2007, 03:52 PM
Sorry new to this thing anyway the measage stays the same i love the jazz jackrabbit games.:D . i hope jazz never scases us like that agean. Hope jazz lives for as long as time goes on. long life jazz jackrabbit:D

Criss
Mar 2, 2007, 04:06 PM
As you mayhave noticed I barely post on forums ;p but these time my couriousity woke up so....I just wondered if there was any possibility to allow any of the characters do "wall walking" or some sort of stunts. That would make it intresting in a multiplayer mode (This just a Suggestion/Question) BTW this game is a so far so good ,and as it seems up to now, it is gonna its gonna end up well so Keep up the good work. :D

ambesoftware
Mar 2, 2007, 04:48 PM
Wall walking ey? hehe, well we have played around with the idea of having the same wall jump as the UT2004 had, but you know we'll see.
We'are still just beginning.

Coolpeanutbutter, Criss Thanks for your support :P

Criss
Mar 2, 2007, 05:19 PM
Well maybe I didnt sayit inthecorrect way....but I meant wall run XD

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 3, 2007, 01:38 AM
hay man you can't just use jazz you need all three of the posey. they all should be in it. some people liked using spaz and lori.

ambesoftware
Mar 3, 2007, 04:42 AM
Relax, they will be there and playeble :P

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 3, 2007, 06:40 PM
well thats good you had me wored for a sec:D
by the way is it going to be on the computer:D

hay what componey do you work for because i want to get a job as a game maker and i realy love the jazz jackrabbit games and when i learn how i want to work on making the games.:-)

Erik
Mar 4, 2007, 12:16 AM
don't click reply multiple times

Ninja 101
Mar 16, 2007, 05:12 AM
WAITAMINUTE!

Indie?
Indie Built?!?

ambesoftware
Mar 16, 2007, 05:14 AM
What exactly is your question ?

Ninja 101
Mar 16, 2007, 05:34 AM
Okay, have you an Xbox 360?

ambesoftware
Mar 16, 2007, 05:52 AM
If I own an Xbox 360? should this matter ?

Birdie
Mar 16, 2007, 05:54 AM
I think I know what Criss means, during playing UT2004 I came across a mutator that allowed one to make their own personal gravity go towards a wall so they could walk on it as it it was the floor, it is indeed very cool.

Violet CLM
Mar 16, 2007, 08:18 AM
<a href="http://www.prey.com/">Variable gravity?</a>

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 16, 2007, 11:05 AM
oh so your say that in jazz3d the play might be ablie to up walls

ambesoftware
Mar 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
They are giving a sugestion, but I dont see where that would fit in to the story.

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 16, 2007, 02:09 PM
maybe in one bit they player finds a pear of magnetic shoes.

Radium
Mar 16, 2007, 02:21 PM
What Chris was suggesting sounded more along the lines of something temporary. Like, if you build up enough speed, being able to walk across/jump off walls or the ceiling Matrix-style. Or at least like that Half Life 2 level where you were driving the boat through the pipes and could go up the walls and stuff. It's not a bad idea; an appeal of the Jazz games, at least for me, was always how fast and easily you could move around. A lot of 3D games feel slow and mechanical, like you are only moving until you hit something, then you stop and have to move somewhere else. It always feels like there's no inertia, or any of the fun tricks associated with it.

ambesoftware
Mar 16, 2007, 02:59 PM
Not a bad idea, whould give the game the extra speed it requires.

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
hay what are you going to do if epic doesn't like your game.:lori: :)

ambesoftware
Mar 17, 2007, 06:06 AM
We'll see - I don't know that yet.

Radium
Mar 17, 2007, 06:22 AM
Easy: you turn Jazz teal, change his name to Xazz, and make billions of dollars off the game. Then you buy epic.

Violet CLM
Mar 17, 2007, 10:48 AM
Jazzer X?

Xobim
Mar 18, 2007, 03:38 AM
Not a bad idea, whould give the game the extra speed it requires.
It would make it more sonic-like. But race levels could get really awesome!!!

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 21, 2007, 12:52 AM
hay how far would you say you are in making the game:lori: :)

Ninja 101
Mar 21, 2007, 03:27 AM
K. Indie built is a game company who recently did Amped 3 for Xbox 360.
Ring any bells?

ambesoftware
Mar 21, 2007, 04:25 AM
The snowboard game right ?

Sacrush
Mar 21, 2007, 05:32 AM
The snowboard game right ?

Yes.

sonicnathan 1
Mar 21, 2007, 07:06 AM
What are we talking about here?

ambesoftware
Mar 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
beats me.

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
i don't have a clue what there talking about a snowboarding game or something:lori: :confused:

ambesoftware
Mar 21, 2007, 11:07 AM
Well, Amped 3 Is a snowboard game for the Xbox 360.
Thats all I know about it.

sonicnathan 1
Mar 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
I thought we were talking about making jazz3 or buying the license to the game.

You lost me at hello

Gavie
Mar 21, 2007, 12:42 PM
K. Indie built is a game company who recently did Amped 3 for Xbox 360.
Ring any bells?

So no, no bells ringin' :P
Please explain :P

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 21, 2007, 12:47 PM
ok this is going wakey first we where talking about making the game. then someone said we should buy jazz. then someone started talking about a snowboarding game. i don't have a clue what we are talking about:lori: :confused:

ShadeJackrabbit
Mar 21, 2007, 04:09 PM
Insert admin telling us to get back on topic?

Stijn
Mar 22, 2007, 03:21 AM
Get back on topic.

sonicnathan 1
Mar 22, 2007, 06:40 AM
Really. Well keep your hopes up. I'm trying to get the source code. Epic said it's not for sale so I'm trying to get the license now.

You lost me at hello

ambesoftware
Mar 22, 2007, 06:50 AM
umm ? .. what are you talking about ? what source code ?

Xobim
Mar 22, 2007, 08:19 AM
Probably the sourcecode for the snowboard game.

Anyway, which part of the game are you coding at the moment?

ambesoftware
Mar 22, 2007, 09:01 AM
artificial intelligence (turtles and lizards)

n00b
Mar 22, 2007, 10:00 AM
I just really wanted this to be cleared up:
WAITAMINUTE!
Indie?
Indie Built?!?
Indie.
A definition found online reads These are games produced by individuals or small game development studios without financial assistance from a publisher.
Thats how it was used in the first post, it was not referring to some developer for a snowboard game.

@Ambesoftware- Are the Lizards and turtles just boxes, or are there models for them as well?

sonicnathan 1
Mar 22, 2007, 10:04 AM
I mean the source code for Jazz 2. And epic said it's not for sale. Neather is the license. I think epic is a big pile of c!#@#$@@#$!!

ambesoftware
Mar 22, 2007, 10:15 AM
n00b, no they are animated stand-in models consisting of boxes.

SonicNathan 1, why are you talking about Jazz 2?

NovaStar
Mar 22, 2007, 10:59 AM
...SonicNathan1, many, many people have tried for the sourcecode. Do you think any have been more successful than you have?

Ninja 101
Mar 23, 2007, 06:25 AM
Back To The Topic At Hand, The New Jazz Thing. The Snowboarding Thing Doesn't Matter Anymore

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
ok back to jazz but just one thing first what is a sourcecode? :lori: :confused:

n00b
Mar 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
The source code has nothing to do with this thread, but basically it's the original code used to program JJ2.

Radium
Mar 23, 2007, 12:56 PM
ok back to jazz but just one thing first what is a sourcecode? :lori: :confused:

Put simply:

This is the game:
http://www.collinstreet.com/files/pecan_coffee_cake.jpg
It might be delicious, but if there's anything wrong with it all you can do is complain to the chef. And if the chef doesn't care, you lose.

This is the source code:
http://www.unt.edu/northtexan/images/s04fbcake.gif

Torkell
Mar 23, 2007, 02:31 PM
@Radium: Have you come across Chef (http://www.dangermouse.net/esoteric/chef.html)?

Stijn
Mar 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
<code>(00:33:04) &lt;Gustaaf&gt; Because he is a soufflé: Ingredients. 9 porn movies, 78g cow bells. Method. Put porn movies in mixing bowl. Bake porn movies. Put cow bells in mixing bowl. Stir until the cow bells start living. Serves 611.</code>

Now, please do not go further down the path of esoteric programming languages.

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 23, 2007, 05:27 PM
thanks n00b for telling me what a scorcecode is.:lori: :)

sonicnathan 1
Mar 24, 2007, 01:46 PM
Well Nova star. It was worth a try.

sonicnathan 1
Mar 24, 2007, 01:48 PM
I'm starting to think that the only way to get the source code is for everybody on J2O to email epic and ask for the code. I don't know what I'm thinking. Or we could wait for epic to go bankrupt.

You lost me at hello

Stijn
Mar 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
Spamming them with e-mails is a pretty reliable way of making sure you will not get the source code, I think.

sonicnathan 1
Mar 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
ya well. I'm just saying.

Gavie
Mar 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
The only purpose of getting the source code is upgrading JJ2 right?
I don't think a JJ2 upgrade will attract new people to play JJ, if JJ has a future then it's a new game..

So get the license, not the source code, or convince them to do something with it..

Otto
Mar 27, 2007, 01:34 AM
Hi all, this is my first post. I was just wondering if it would not be easier to create a new version of jj2 (and a new level editor). I cant really imagine jazz in 3d. Some people here have done so well with jj2 formats. Obviously, this new game would be little bit different. But basically, I believe that it could be done. Then getting a license would be much easier,if you had something to show.

Coolpeanutbutter
Mar 27, 2007, 02:58 AM
yeah well you see he has already started work on jazz3d and if he srapes the project and start again then everyone will think he's just some guys whos pulling our leg about making the game:lori: :) .

sonicnathan 1
Mar 27, 2007, 07:01 AM
So? I want to upgrade jazz! Right now all I want see are the dead events fixed and bugs fixed. Then work on Jazz 3d. Are we trying to start this project to attract more people to J20? No! Were trying to do it becuase that's what the people want.

n00b
Mar 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
So? I want to upgrade jazz! Right now all I want see are the dead events fixed and bugs fixed. Then work on Jazz 3d. Are we trying to start this project to attract more people to J20? No! Were trying to do it becuase that's what the people want.

Hey Sonic Nathan, just an FYI: This thread has NOTHING to do with your plan to upgrade Jazz. None. Whatsoever.

ShadeJackrabbit
Mar 27, 2007, 12:58 PM
In case n00b didn't say it: Nada. Zilch. Nothing. In any universe.

Anyways, is there ANY progress? Nothing on the site...

ambesoftware
Mar 27, 2007, 02:07 PM
check out the forum

sonicnathan 1
Mar 28, 2007, 06:57 AM
ya I know. and I DON"T have project going ok. Just saying. I'll let you get back to whatever junk you were talking about.

Birdie
Mar 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
And you go on thinking about whatever junk you were thinking about, and the many people who told you that this thread is not about the jj2 sourcecode will go on forever rightchus knowing they are forever rightchus.

sonicnathan 1
Mar 29, 2007, 07:18 AM
ok ok. I'm getting confused. I said junk becuase I'm lost about what this tread is about.

Radium
Mar 29, 2007, 11:06 AM
ok ok. I'm getting confused. I said junk becuase I'm lost about what this tread is about.
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=392861&postcount=1

sonicnathan 1
Mar 30, 2007, 08:32 PM
ok thanks

Ninja 101
Apr 17, 2007, 04:13 AM
Can't help you there i'm afraid

NovaStar
Apr 17, 2007, 04:44 PM
Not another useless revival x_X

Coolpeanutbutter
Apr 21, 2007, 12:25 AM
hay ambesoftware i have stoped work on Jazz jackrabbit 3 story so you can relax about your componey know lol.:lori: :)

NovaStar
Apr 21, 2007, 06:43 PM
... and we were apparently really worried about it why?

Coolpeanutbutter
Apr 22, 2007, 12:47 AM
lol no ambesoftware got anoyed at how meny people said they are making jazz 3 so i just told him that i stop making it so he can be a bit less anoyed. :lori: :)

Birdie
Apr 22, 2007, 01:58 PM
No one else was really making jazz3.

Coolpeanutbutter
Apr 22, 2007, 07:52 PM
note i said who are saying they are making the game lol:lori: :)

NovaStar
Apr 23, 2007, 01:38 AM
... no you didn't. o.O

ThunderPX
Apr 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
... no you didn't. o.O

... yes he did?

lol no ambesoftware got anoyed at how meny people said they are making jazz 3 so i just told him that i stop making it so he can be a bit less anoyed.

Heretic Bunny
Apr 29, 2007, 07:20 PM
Wow, thats nice to see people trying to continue the JJ sequel thing. I did not get to read through most of it (yet) but if you didn't state it before, what program are you using. I'm making a (non JJ related, sorry) game using a program called Realm Crafter. It's an MMORPG type thing though, and I bet even if I tried to make one game like JJ3 it would probably be a disaster considering my inexperience with models and such. Well, good luck to you!

rythemgrl
May 24, 2007, 11:55 AM
thanks ive learned so much from this thread

ambesoftware
May 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
sarcastic ? If you want to know more visit the forum, and our website:
http://Jazz3.ambesoftware.com

Stijn
Jul 18, 2007, 03:41 PM
Any updates? ^^

sonicnathan 1
Jul 18, 2007, 03:59 PM
Look on there form or better yet sign up for them and help continue that jazz 2 franchise.

n00b
Jul 18, 2007, 06:14 PM
Woah I never knew a franchise started with a sequel!!

And really, we can't be expected to look at the forum for everything. The front page has an updates section, use it.

terbeag
Jul 26, 2007, 06:02 AM
ok, i'm a little noob so please forgive my supid questions. Who is making this game? is it made by fans or by a real company? and when will it be ready?

NovaStar
Jul 27, 2007, 07:28 PM
1. Ambesoftware.
2. Both.
3. We don't know.

If you'd taken the time to read, you'd know this.

LAZARHEAD
Jul 31, 2007, 01:28 AM
Hey guys! What if jj3d don't appear in Bulgairia ? How do i play?:confused:

Jerrythabest
Jul 31, 2007, 03:21 AM
Not? :+
Hi all, this is my first post. I was just wondering if it would not be easier to create a new version of jj2 (and a new level editor). I cant really imagine jazz in 3d. Some people here have done so well with jj2 formats. Obviously, this new game would be little bit different. But basically, I believe that it could be done. Then getting a license would be much easier,if you had something to show.

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=13684 (Now that I'm mentioning it anyway, let's continue looking for programmers)

This Jazz 3 thing looks even more promising than Baggers' JJ3D, which then turned into MIA and now looks like totally inactive to me... This looks far more organized.

ambesoftware
Aug 4, 2007, 03:04 PM
Bulgairia.. well, the game will be available for order/download on our website.

Speeza
Aug 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
doesn't are kind loveing supporting forum get a free download :D

ambesoftware
Aug 4, 2007, 08:12 PM
Maby we'll have a contest or something, still far out.

ambesoftware
Aug 5, 2007, 06:12 AM
"WISHKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11" ? "BEER" ? sounds like you guys got attacked..

finnish pro
Aug 5, 2007, 06:37 AM
um... yeah... -_-'''-_-'''-_-''' is this "WISHKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11" thing?

DoubleGJ
Aug 5, 2007, 06:51 AM
it is :god:

Torkell
Aug 5, 2007, 06:52 AM
No, we didn't get attacked. The admins escaped and found the secret beer stash.

Jerrythabest
Aug 5, 2007, 07:10 AM
and ==> a<!-- -->n<!-- -->d
lori ==> l<!-- -->o<!-- -->r<!-- -->i
Jazz ==> J<!-- -->a<!-- -->z<!-- -->z
August ==> A<!-- -->u<!-- -->g<!-- -->u<!-- -->s<!-- -->t
(-)(-)(-) ==> w<!-- -->t<!-- -->f
JCF ==> J<!-- -->C<!-- -->F
Community ==> C<!-- -->o<!-- -->m<!-- -->m<!-- -->u<!-- -->n<!-- -->i<!-- -->t<!-- -->y
Lori ==> L<!-- -->o<!-- -->r<!-- -->i
JJ2 ==> J<!-- -->J<!-- -->2
Administrator ==> A<!-- -->d<!-- -->m<!-- -->i<!-- -->n<!-- -->i<!-- -->s<!-- -->t<!-- -->r<!-- -->a<!-- -->t<!-- -->o<!-- -->r

cooba
Aug 5, 2007, 09:21 AM
ant aunt ==> a<!-- -->n<!-- -->d
leanbe is aweseome oh yeh!!!#HH i own YOU ==> l<!-- -->o<!-- -->r<!-- -->i
BEER ==> J<!-- -->a<!-- -->z<!-- -->z
:lori: ==> A<!-- -->u<!-- -->g<!-- -->u<!-- -->s<!-- -->t
-_-'''-_-'''-_-''' ==> w<!-- -->t<!-- -->f
WISHKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 ==> J<!-- -->C<!-- -->F
COmmUNISm ==> C<!-- -->o<!-- -->m<!-- -->m<!-- -->u<!-- -->n<!-- -->i<!-- -->t<!-- -->y
leanbe is aweseome oh yeh!!!#HH i own YOU ==> L<!-- -->o<!-- -->r<!-- -->i
dumb bunny game :-# ==> J<!-- -->J<!-- -->2
adminstriatorawesome ==> A<!-- -->d<!-- -->m<!-- -->i<!-- -->n<!-- -->i<!-- -->s<!-- -->t<!-- -->r<!-- -->a<!-- -->t<!-- -->o<!-- -->rfilter bypass :mad:

torkell to the rescue

Jerrythabest
Aug 5, 2007, 10:47 AM
Oh lol cool I accedentally bypassed the filter XD

Why has everything returned normal? I liked it >O

oh and what does this have to do with Jazz3 ('BEER3' lol) anyway?

sonicnathan 1
Aug 5, 2007, 12:11 PM
No, we didn't get attacked. The admins escaped and found the secret beer stash.

lol. I got a laugh out of that.:p

n00b
Aug 6, 2007, 12:40 PM
This Jazz 3 thing looks even more promising than Baggers' JJ3D, which then turned into MIA and now looks like totally inactive to me... This looks far more organized.

It's not that Baggers wasn't organized, it's just that he needed to make a living and making a living sucks just about as much time as making a game. Chances are when you're not making a living making games, you won't have time to make games.

A company like ambesoftware can easily get a game like this out as long as they do small casual releases to help support the company, or perhaps do episodic content ala Sam and Max/The original JJ1.

Jerrythabest
Aug 6, 2007, 12:45 PM
With "this looks far more organized" I meant that there is a team working on it and not just one person asking <strike>random</strike> people on the forums for help with some stuff

n00b
Aug 11, 2007, 12:28 PM
IIRC all baggers did was "Hey you guys can toss ideas off of me" and someone volunteered to give him a model without prodding, and around the same time Baggers also commisioned someone to make a model.

And here's the kicker: this was all in about the same timespan that Ambesoft has been here. That "one person" showed a hell of alot more work being done than Ambesoftware has, so no, Jerry, it doesn't look organized at all even though theres a team since theres nothing to actually look at aside from a model, but anyone with a job or money source can commision a model relatively cheap.

Saying "This looks more organized!" when compared to Baggers is not much of a compliment, since if this is what it's like to be organized, I'd rather have an unorganized guy or two. Not to downtalk Ambesoftware, but I'm honestly getting fed up with people showering them with praise while they have showed us barely anything at all.

Hey JCF, if me and my friends make a company and sell an actual game, and then show you guys not just Jazz but a SPAZ model, can we become the best JJ3 remake team?

Jerrythabest
Aug 12, 2007, 01:11 AM
OMG.

You kinda have a really big point there.

ambesoftware
Aug 12, 2007, 09:53 AM
Of course he does have a point. But about showing of unfinished work, we have alot of things we could show you, but we feel it would leave the wrong impression.
Ofcourse if you want we could release some of the ingame material, but then you would get it as it is.

"that "one person" showed a hell of alot more work being done than Ambesoftware has" Yes, but he didn't have to worry about how things were going to look for the company.

Well anyways, we can show you a clip of the game in action if you feel up for it. Do a vote or something.

As allways,
Erlend - Ambesoftware

Radium
Aug 12, 2007, 02:34 PM
Well anyways, we can show you a clip of the game in action if you feel up for it. Do a vote or something. I can see it now:

Poll: Do you want to see this video clip?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

It might be more direct to just have a link and people can choose whether or not to click on it.

Hm... since I actually made a complete JJ2 fangame years and years ago, can I be the best JJ3 team?

n00b
Aug 13, 2007, 11:11 AM
Of course he does have a point. But about showing of unfinished work, we have alot of things we could show you, but we feel it would leave the wrong impression.

Maybe if you were to go to a game convention and show it, yes. But this is the JCF. We got excited over a red ball thats supposed to be Spaz that jumped around in a cube with basic sky and grass textures, unless all you have is an empty box with no textures and say "We'll put Jazz and stuff in here soon!" you'll have jaws on the floor.

Not only that but you promised us a screencap "tomorrow" back in April.
Can we trust a company that won't uphold promises?

ambesoftware
Aug 13, 2007, 02:18 PM
Oh yes, I forgot about that.. you know, stuff happens and then its easy to forget, I'll upload a pic of him in motion right now. Watch the site.

Jerrythabest
Aug 14, 2007, 01:05 AM
Looks funny. I'm looking forward to the video.

Black Ninja
Aug 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
I'm not very good when it comes to making games. I'm not good at much of anything other than video editing and writing.

Thus, if you are in need of someone to help you come up with a storyline for the game, or perhaps something as simple as character dialog, I'd be happy to help out. The work you've got so far looks incredible, and I'd like to find some way to help JJ3 come to fruition.

ThunderPX
Aug 16, 2007, 12:35 PM
I think the model looks very impressive like that.

Also, I can help with writing like Black Ninja, and I can make music.

ambesoftware
Aug 17, 2007, 05:13 PM
Well, we realy don't need any help with the writing. What you could do to help us, is to sign up in our forums and give us your best ideas and suggesstions. And buy our upcoming products of cource.

Edit:
ThunderPX--
Music you say ..
Give me a link to some of your work and I'll have a look..

Speeza
Aug 19, 2007, 04:32 AM
ambersoft I know this is offtopic but do you have a youtube account?

and if so please tell me what your name is.

I have a sneaky feeling your not who you are...

ambesoftware
Aug 19, 2007, 05:01 AM
sneaky feeling I'm not who I am ? well, I don't have a youtube account at the moment.. but i can make one if you want .. whats this about? I can assure you that I am who I'am..

Jerrythabest
Aug 19, 2007, 05:19 AM
Hmm this sounds weird. I really wonder what he meant with that.

Slaz
Aug 19, 2007, 06:36 AM
I think Speeza thought somebody else on YouTube was ambesoftware..

Speeza
Aug 19, 2007, 08:06 AM
I think Speeza thought somebody else on YouTube was ambesoftware..

Yes I did , because its strange , as I was just looking at youtube accounts the other day and saw someone with a jazz model just like yours ambersoft , the guy had some other 3d models too , but I forgot the account so I have no proof at all , but why does he have the model?

ambesoftware
Aug 19, 2007, 08:46 AM
Because he animated it, thats our animator you digged up.
He's just showcasing his work.

Speeza
Aug 19, 2007, 09:05 AM
ok , very nice work he's done , can you give me the link to it.

ambesoftware
Aug 19, 2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNycZizKhs

There it is, it's in the forum too by the way.

ambesoftware
Aug 30, 2007, 07:33 AM
Clip added: Jazz3.ambesoftware.com

Jerrythabest
Aug 31, 2007, 11:17 AM
1) CamStudio
2) You aren't going to make the game full of talking NPCs, are you? In that case I think I lost all interest in this project, as a game is to play, not to see cutscenes.

Speeza
Aug 31, 2007, 03:57 PM
cutscenes are needed in a game jerry it makes the story more intresting and remember the target audience is for ages younger.

Heretic Bunny
Aug 31, 2007, 05:24 PM
As for the cutscenes, I really hope you have a (-) good sense of humor when making them. If I hear another carrot or hare pun im going to explode...

Dermo
Aug 31, 2007, 08:02 PM
wth heretic?

Not too many cutscenes but a few I wouldn't mind. I liked JJA. There was quite a bit of dialogs but they didn't push it to extremes like they did with some other games I know of.

Jerrythabest
Sep 1, 2007, 01:38 AM
A single player episode may have a very few short cutscenes which must be funny in some way but most importantly they must be understandable for this 'younger audience'. And if this really is for 10-year-olds I highly disrecommend using cutscenes at all because young kids get bored really fast, esspecially if they must listen to a language which they don't use normally.

And that's my opinion. ;p

Dermo
Sep 1, 2007, 07:42 AM
JJ3 Global Edition, Jerry. Pick your language at the startup. And in JJ2 there were like 3 words throughout the entire cutscenes and that was it. I mean in jj2 you can change the language to whatever you want. Do the same in JJ3D

Jerrythabest
Sep 1, 2007, 12:48 PM
Doesn't make me strike out anything before 'esspecially'. ;p Oh well, as long as the rest of the game is all your own control.

Heretic Bunny
Sep 2, 2007, 06:07 AM
I was just saying that all the previous Jazz Jackrabbit games were kinda funny, but sometimes they just had really bad puns in it. I liked their references to other games though

Dermo
Sep 2, 2007, 12:19 PM
Really bad puns? I disagree the carrot puns were pretty good.

Black Ninja
Sep 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
<s>The best way to have something be funny is to include Fooruman.</s>

References to "pop culture" within the JJ2 community that would be funny to anyone but uproarious to a community member would be the best way to go.

Dermo
Sep 2, 2007, 06:33 PM
No wait. We can't include too much community stuff. If we're going to include fooruman which is a really good idea, we would need to convert the flash files to ...avi? That's easy you just need to republish the fla file. And here's my idea to how the game COULD work.

New Game
-Single Player
-Party Mode
--Local Splitscreen
--Internet Connection for Online Play
--TCP/IP Lan Connection
--IPX/SPX Connection for Direct Play
--Serial Connection for Direct Play
--(whatever other available multiplayer functions/subfunctions)

Load Game

Options
-(all of whatever options you want)

Extras
-Development of JJ3D
-Storyline of Jazz Jackrabbit
-Foo Movies
-Credits

Throw in all of the fooruman videos in there and be sure to include an intro video explaining what fooruman is all about.

Also a cutscene in the beginning of JJ3D that shows the fooruman talking to Jazz and if the story line's going to be based on rescuing Lori who got captured, then have Jazz talking to the fooruman when Spaz runs up to jazz out of breath telling how Lori's been kidnapped. Then the fooruman vanishes leaving Jazz and Spaz alone to rescue Lori.

Also, under extras, the Storyline section should include where the game started, the development of j2o, the development of jazz 2 mods and the development of jj3d. That's my $0.02 everybody. Discuss!

Black Ninja
Sep 2, 2007, 09:13 PM
While I'm flattered that anyone other than me <s>fantasizes</s> has thought of Fooruman being in this (or any other JJ3) game, it's rather unlikely. Even though Fooruman and the universe revolving around him is all familiar to most of this community, it wouldn't make sense to anyone who hasn't been around here for a while.

On top of that, the Terexin sprite is owned by 3D Realms, and I know from experience that they're not likely to give it up for any amount of money.

As a side note, the Foo Movies already exist in uncompressed AVI form. There's even a limited edition Foo Movie DVD that Spoy and I made when we met at his house in 2005. No, such a DVD can never be legally distributed.

Xobim
Sep 3, 2007, 02:06 AM
Ambsoft being sued for including a sprite from a DOS game into their product...Sounds kinda funny.

As long as they're not selling the game and they've stated that Fooruman is owned by <s>Fooproducts</s> 3D Realms, everything should be fine.

cooba
Sep 3, 2007, 02:09 AM
Ambsoft being sued for including a sprite from a DOS game into their productOut of all the things said in this thread so far this one is the most likely to happen yet

Jerrythabest
Sep 3, 2007, 11:44 AM
Then draw your own sprite *sighs*

Dermo
Sep 3, 2007, 08:34 PM
lol at jerry's sigh! that's really gay we cant include fooruman. up yours copywrite laws. i may sound way too enthusiastic about a bunny game but its not right! (-) we should find something they did illegal and say if you sue us for copywrite violation, we'll arrest you for...

sometimes playing dirty and blackmail is the best way to do things. thats how i view it

n00b
Sep 4, 2007, 11:42 AM
Hey Drmoo, we could just draw a new Fooruman sprite that is similar to, but not actually, the Terexin sprite. The parody laws should allow it to slide by.

But instead of doing something that takes half an hour at the most, let's go out and protest copyright laws for a cameo from a character not even related to the bunny game the dispute is over and be moronic half-wit forms of hippies. Don't forget going to jail for attempting to blackmail and sabotage a corperation! BRILLIANT IDEA

cutscenes are needed in a game jerry it makes the story more intresting and remember the target audience is for ages younger.

That makes no god(-)ed sense considering that the target audience is this forum. I was not aware of all the four year olds we had at the JCF.

ShadeJackrabbit
Sep 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
What do you thinks been nibbling on your feet?

In all seriousness, I think the Foo Movies would be cool to include, but would be a dangerous idea. Don't forget you'd also have to change unfooruman, and most of the blocks.