PDA

View Full Version : Some Jazz Jackrabbit Art.

Dreamer
Apr 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p291/jqob/JazzJackRabbitDrawing.jpg

I got it into macromedia flash and traced the lines. I'm attempting to color it, but I don't have much expirience in that area.

Heres the trace I did in flash.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/597/jazzlineart2nk8.jpg

If anyone wants to color it, go right ahead.

So, uh, wadya think.

-Dreamer

n0
Apr 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
Second most awsome "sketch" ever. I put the "sketch" in quotes because even though it's done in rough pencil, there is more talent in those 178112 pixels then in every drawing I've ever done combined.

Erik
Apr 4, 2007, 10:39 AM
what's wrong with his other leg

Dreamer
Apr 4, 2007, 10:49 AM
I don't know. What's wrong with his other leg? :p

-Dreamer

CrimiClown
Apr 4, 2007, 11:00 AM
(I think he means that his legs are normally bent like a Z kinda shape... it is not visible for 'his' right leg, so I think Erik means 'his' left leg. It should be bent more.)

Radium
Apr 4, 2007, 11:33 AM
Very nicely done! My only real criticism is that his left hand (and less so his left foot) looks too large; it's about the same size as his right hand, which is supposedly enlarged due to perspective.

EDIT: Wait, I just noticed I have no credibility. Ignore my sig; I'm completely awesome.

Dreamer
Apr 4, 2007, 11:41 AM
Actually, part of the gun is hiding a bit more of his right hand so perspective is still accurate I think. His left hand just looks farther back to me.

And about his left leg. He's kinda skidding across the ground, like in the opening video for jazz 2. So his right leg is stretched out farther while his left leg is bent back.

-Dreamer

Dreamer
Apr 4, 2007, 04:03 PM
Here's a colored version. My crappy rendition of it.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p291/jqob/JazzJackRabbitCrappyColored.jpg

-Dreamer

ThunderPX
Apr 5, 2007, 04:36 AM
The fur on his chest should be lighter than the rest, IIRC.

CrimiClown
Apr 5, 2007, 06:15 AM

Also, the fur on his chest is a bit more ragged than elsewhere, and stops at the crotch, so covers up most of the belly.

Otherwise, nice job on colouring... making him a bit darker gives a more agressive feeling to the whole.

n00b
Apr 5, 2007, 06:19 AM

It should be, and it's darkness is really throwing off the shading of the right arm and leg.

Marijn
Apr 5, 2007, 05:44 PM
very nice !! More shaders perhaps, it deserve it :D

Xobim
Apr 6, 2007, 05:41 AM
Great picture.
But is Jazz really that muscular?
And his teeth are a bit pointy, aren't they? :P

Anaiyu
Apr 6, 2007, 10:02 AM
Well you certainly made him your own! It's very good, and quite cute, aside from some anatomy blunders. Keep at it and please post more in the future. :) We'd love to see what else you've got.

FreeLance
Apr 6, 2007, 12:47 PM
I looove how no one gave a (-) when Noogy redesigned Jazz to look like a wimpy disney character, yet are so quick to point out how this Jazz differs from 'Jazz' like OMG HIS CHEST HAIR IS MISSING and stuff. Maybe it's stylized.

I like this a lot, it's one of the few non-Nick Jazz's i think looks good.

Dreamer
Apr 9, 2007, 07:38 PM
I purposely left out the green chest hair, because I thought it was similar to sonic the hedgehogs skin colored patch on his stomach. I wasn't just drawing fan art, I was actually trying to unofficially redesign the character.

I think you also mistook the darker part on his chest to be darker hair. Eh, actually, I was trying to shade it. Like I said I don't have much expirience in coloring/painting things. I would like it if someone else did their rendition of the coloring if anyone has skill in this area.

I'm working on Spaz and Devan next. I got Devans head down, man. I can draw it from any angle. I might need to work on the eye facing away from me though. I plan to make Devan's shell smaller and his feet and hands bigger.

-Dreamer

n0
Apr 10, 2007, 07:38 AM
Mkay, break it up you two.

In other news, I'm loving the redesign. The shading is good, but a bit too saturated and a little high on the contrast. Just tone it down a bit and it should look uber sweet.

Anaiyu
Apr 10, 2007, 10:00 AM
at least learn how to spell rebuttal

Touché.

I'm unconcerned at this point and not continuing this ridiculous argument. Now delete your posts so this thread can go back to what it was meant to be. Perhaps rephrase your original post so it doesn't put words in other peoples' mouths.

Stijn
Apr 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
I like it a lot, Dreamer. It looks a lot "darker" than the usual Jazz drawings. Is that on purpose (I guess so)? Do you have a deviantArt-account, by any chance?

Dreamer
Apr 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
Nope, I don't. I guess that would be a good idea though.

-Dreamer

ShadeJackrabbit
Apr 12, 2007, 03:19 PM
I guess that would be a good idea though.
*hypno*GET ONE NOW*hypno*
Then I'll add you as a friend.

n00b
Apr 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
I think you also mistook the darker part on his chest to be darker hair. Eh, actually, I was trying to shade it.

Exactly, which is why the dark shading on the body throwing off the shades on the right arm and leg.
Theres too much contrast between the body's shading and the right arm especially.

ShadeJackrabbit
Apr 12, 2007, 03:55 PM
I'd like to ask permission to use your Jazz Jackrabbit image in a desktop wallpaper. I'd send it to you for the thumbs up/thumbs down if you want. That is, once it's done.

Radium
Apr 12, 2007, 04:01 PM
Better yet, Dream, since you have the original vector file, scale it up and make your own wallpaper.

ShadeJackrabbit
Apr 12, 2007, 04:01 PM
Yes! Please do! (It would be better than the (-) that I make. :()
EDIT: Done mine.