PDA

View Full Version : Help : invisible rabbits

PyRRamid
Jul 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
I was making my third test and I decided to host it unfinished. When I hosted it, most of the players that joined calimed that they didn't see their rabbits (saw their rabbits as invisible). Since my lvl was 768x256 and Blurred told me the size may cause the problem, I resized it to 512x256, even to 256x256. None of them worked. The problem persists.

Any ideas how to solve this?

And if the size is problem, tell me how to copy tiles together with events in JSC.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank You in advance, Pyramid.

Birdie
Jul 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
If the level uses too much memory this would happen.

PyRRamid
Jul 4, 2007, 03:04 PM
If the level uses too much memory this would happen.
And how can I make a level not to use too much memory?

Dermo
Jul 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
Delete some events, pyramid.

Doubble Dutch
Jul 4, 2007, 05:11 PM
Can you actually tell how much memory a level uses?

Dermo
Jul 4, 2007, 07:37 PM
Well, if you run the level and open a memory editor then yes you can see how much memory it used and how much it needs free. Then you can allocate more memory and restart the level setting address 5DB7F0 to value 6 (non-freeze) to quick reset the level and that's how you can get in theory get all the events to work. It didn't work for me when I tried that.

I'm not all that good at math, this would be something somebody else could work on. Maybe a calculator that runs in conjunction with JCS and tells how much memory is free for the level and how much is used and stuff like that. Lots of variable though.

Neobeo
Jul 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
This isn't so much memory related as it is to JJ2's internal constant for the number of objects loaded at any one time. In retrospect it would be trivial to change a few bytes to ignore this limit, but the accepted way is to reduce the number of objects loaded (usually generators).

Dermo
Jul 4, 2007, 08:09 PM
That gave me an idea. (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=15794&page=8#297)

Xobim
Jul 5, 2007, 02:38 AM
This isn't so much memory related as it is to JJ2's internal constant for the number of objects loaded at any one time. In retrospect it would be trivial to change a few bytes to ignore this limit, but the accepted way is to reduce the number of objects loaded (usually generators).why is that feature actually implemented in JJ2?

PyRRamid
Jul 5, 2007, 03:29 AM
SO what should I do? I deleted all unnecessary events and it didn't solve the problem!!!

Jerrythabest
Jul 5, 2007, 03:39 AM
And if the size is problem, tell me how to copy tiles together with events in JSC.

if you mean JCS, then try B.

PyRRamid
Jul 5, 2007, 03:46 AM
if you mean JCS, then try B.
And what about events that are placed on a transparent tile ?

cooba
Jul 5, 2007, 03:49 AM
Shift+B

PyRRamid
Jul 5, 2007, 04:06 AM
Shift+BNo, it doesn't work. Actually, there's no difference between B and Shift+B.

EDIT : I discovered that Alt+Ctrl+Shift+B works lol

Jerrythabest
Jul 5, 2007, 04:43 AM
Lol that's weird ;p it should work with just Shift+B ;p

Oh well... too many events may indeed make the game really weird... I've noticed that a whole while ago when I made my first GroundForce level ;p

PyRRamid
Jul 5, 2007, 04:57 AM
Lol that's weird ;p it should work with just Shift+B ;p

Oh well... too many events may indeed make the game really weird... I've noticed that a whole while ago when I made my first GroundForce level ;pYa. you are right. You should press Shift+B to copy them and paste them wile SHhift pressed ;)

I am moving all lvls now. Hope it'll work.

TheKax
Jul 5, 2007, 05:23 AM
press sift while pasting so the events get pasted too.

By the way, 256x256 is still quite large level...

PyRRamid
Jul 5, 2007, 06:16 AM
I reduced it to 265x115. Cant do more. Problem persists.

Dermo
Jul 5, 2007, 06:44 AM
I noticed that with too many events on this Ground Force level I was making, my bunny would just fall straight through nothing even though there are destruct blocks there and no matter how small I made the level, the problem persisted. Try adding an unused layer in by putting one single, hidden, tile in that layer. If that doesn't work or it makes things worse, than clear that layer, but an extra layer may give the level more memory to work with.

Neobeo
Jul 5, 2007, 02:39 PM
Why would JJ2 allocate extra memory for a layer, only to use it for events?

Speeza
Jul 9, 2007, 02:26 PM
Masterjazz stop spamming its not good , and you will get a ban man.

Hows it gone pyrramid