PDA

View Full Version : J2O Suggestion.

Ricerind
Oct 23, 2007, 08:55 AM
With BCCS approaching, I decided to upload this (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4879)

See the problem? My suggestion is that a version option for Battery Check be added to the downloads section. When J2O displays the name of the level/tileset inside the zip, it should look for the name 180bytes earlier than usual in the file.

Thanks in advance (assuming this gets done :p)

EDIT: I deleted the upload, but basically it read the tileset names as a load of weird ASCII characters. Maybe it would be useful for others if you fixed it, but i'm quite content to host the files myself for now.

Birdie
Oct 23, 2007, 04:52 PM
This is <b>JAZZ</b> 2 online, not battery check online, and them using the same engine wont change it.

Ricerind
Oct 24, 2007, 05:30 AM
Well call it 1.10o downloads then. Besides, I don't really care anymore.

n00b
Oct 24, 2007, 01:17 PM
This is <b>JAZZ</b> 2 online, not battery check online, and them using the same engine wont change it.

This is JAZZ 2 online not Jazz 1 online and the two being in the same series should not qualify for us to be allowed to upload JJ1 levels.

In short: There is a good argument here, but the reasoning is terribly flawed, although I would very much like to see a BC option added.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Oct 24, 2007, 01:45 PM
With BCCS approaching, I decided to upload this (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4879)

See the problem? My suggestion is that a version option for Battery Check be added to the downloads section. When J2O displays the name of the level/tileset inside the zip, it should look for the name 180bytes earlier than usual in the file.

Interesting suggestion. I'd say that for now we'll wait until someone <i>actually</i> makes a level for Battery Check and then we'd consider putting a new type and some code that makes it read in the appropriate location. Until it's possible I wouldn't see a great reason for doing it. But, if someone wants to post a real level for Battery Check they should be all means feel free to post it to J2O.

cooba
Oct 25, 2007, 04:50 AM
Until it's possibleIt's been possible since a while. (read: for about 3.5 years)

Ricerind
Oct 25, 2007, 07:13 AM
And it will be even easier when Jerry releases BCCS.