PDA

View Full Version : PHP news system help needed

DoubleGJ
Feb 6, 2008, 05:28 AM
I don't know if it is proper to ask for this kind of help here, since it's not related to Jazz Jackrabbit in any way, but then again I need it to finish the new Guilty Gene website, and that alone is quite related indeed. I leave the decision whether to move this or not to the mods.

Anyway, the problem is that my knowledge of php equals no more than zero, and while I have PHP installed, I only know how to run it. I know it's not necessary to make a dynamic news system, but taught by my previous website efforts I know how annoying it soon gets to update everything manually. ScionFighter was kind enough to write a comic browsing script for me, but soon he became unavailable and I finally came to conclusion that this new website is taking way too long to launch - that's why I'm asking for help from anyone.

What I need, exactly? It's fairly simple (to explain, at least). The formatting of a single newspost is like this:

<b><font color="#B88C00">dd-mm-yyyy</font>
<font color="#F4FC00">entry title</font></b>
<font color="#FFFFFF">text</font>

No signature is needed, as I'd be the only person writing this. Comments are not necessary either, though it would be nice if they were included. Now, I have two files. The first one, news.php contains three latest news alone, as in without anything beside them, as this file is embedded in an iframe anyway. The second file, sitelog.php is meant to contain all the entries divided into pages with 10 posts per each, with a header and navigation buttons (first page, previous page, back to main, next page, latest page). That's really all.

I have CuteNews installed if that helps in any way. I kindly ask for your help. :)

Bobby aka Dizzy
Feb 6, 2008, 06:58 AM
Questions like this are always fine with me, but I since this is so specific I think that you'd have more luck getting help from someone in #jj2 (http://jj2.info) where you can have a dialog back and forth.

Grytolle
Feb 6, 2008, 07:06 AM
Cutenews

Stijn
Feb 6, 2008, 07:42 AM
What Bobby said, and don't use CuteNews.

FQuist
Feb 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
Just install some blog software thing. Things like wordpress or blogger are easy enough to install even for newbies.

Erik
Feb 7, 2008, 04:06 AM
Just install some blog software thing. Things like wordpress or blogger are easy enough to install even for newbies.

</thread>