PDA

View Full Version : Access Violation

Dermo
Jul 9, 2009, 09:01 PM
Everytime I try to get on Zeal's server...I get this:

LOG: GRADE (Build 98-194W), Executable: C:\Games\JazzJackrabbitUltimate\Jazz2 V.1.24\Jazz2.exe
LOG: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 version 1.24

WIN: Running Microsoft Windows NT Service Pack 3 version 5.1, Build 2600
CPU: Intel Unknown processor, type 15 found
CPU: Processor Vendor ID 'GenuineIntel', Family 15, Model 2, Stepping 7
CPU: Processor Features BFEBFBFF (FPU, MMX)
VID: Checking for available video modes
VID: DirectDraw check skipped on user request
WIN: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 has caused an access violation at address 00493310h by attempting to "read" from address 00000000h

This is on my 1.24 but patched to be able to join 1.23 games.

If I no-op 00493310... that'll fix the problem. (more or less, I'm too lazy to look further into the command, so I'll try to just delete it if nobody can give me a good solution)

blurredd
Jul 10, 2009, 08:43 AM
This problem doesn't appear to be related to the server you're trying to join. Your log is saying "VID: DirectDraw check skipped on user request," which suggests that -noddraw is being used as a command line argument. My JJ2 crashes the same way whenever I use that argument. Incidentally, it doesn't crash when I use -noddrawwin in addition to -noddraw, so you can try that. This is something I probably should look into more deeply.

plunK
Jul 10, 2009, 05:13 PM
I as well had problems with the directdraw command, so i simply just disabled directdraw. Its the same thing in 1.24

Dermo
Jul 16, 2009, 10:49 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/drmooismyname/jj2error.jpg

It happens now when I simply start the game. I haven't noticed because I usually use the GIP script so I can't tell you how long this has been going on for but I think it's probably my own fault it does that now.