PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 2 List Server Download?

BlueDragon
Jan 15, 2010, 05:06 AM
I was wondering were I could download the JJ2 list server from?
I mean the actual program that runs the whole thing.
Or is it not possible to get it?

On a side note: What would the JJ3 list server look like if anyone would ever make one?

3rd question: Would you be able to code a new list server in C#?

Stijn
Jan 15, 2010, 05:30 AM
No, dunno, yes

What'd you need it for?

BlueDragon
Jan 15, 2010, 05:34 AM
Well in case in the next 20 years if the list server fails so someone could still host it. You never know what might happen.
Oh and do you have the actual JJ2 list server Stijn?

Stijn
Jan 15, 2010, 05:35 AM
I don't have it, no.

Nimrod
Feb 9, 2010, 01:25 PM
The List Server isnt going anywhere soon and if it did I'd hand over the domains and applications to someone else who has a dedicated server who could take over it.

Theres two list applications, the original Epic one, and one coded by Nebula in Java which has new features which the epic one lacked (like delisting pinging servers, admin remote control and the message of the day feature).
However due to the List Server not being actively admin'ed the Epic program is running as its more stable (and doesnt need a Java runtime)

BlueDragon
Feb 11, 2010, 12:15 AM
So we can enjoy jazzing for the next 20 years right? :D

Nimrod is there any way to host a master server for JJ3 Alpha?
I know i saw a few things related to the master server in advanced settings.

Nimrod
Feb 18, 2010, 02:23 PM
So we can enjoy jazzing for the next 20 years right? :D

Nimrod is there any way to host a master server for JJ3 Alpha?
I know i saw a few things related to the master server in advanced settings.

Just use epics master server for Unreal 1 for listing games, I remember it working as it lists itself as an Unreal Server running a Mod.

We made a whole launcher and online list server back in the day for JJ3 but that long as died. (About 4 or 5 years ago, some of us randomly started working on JJ3 fixing all the bugs, making it online playable, Overlord and Lark even made some custom deathmatch levels for it, shame it all died :( )

BlueDragon
Feb 19, 2010, 07:01 AM
Just use epics master server for Unreal 1 for listing games, I remember it working as it lists itself as an Unreal Server running a Mod.
I will try.

We made a whole launcher and online list server back in the day for JJ3 but that long as died. (About 4 or 5 years ago, some of us randomly started working on JJ3 fixing all the bugs, making it online playable, Overlord and Lark even made some custom deathmatch levels for it, shame it all died :( )

Sad to see it :(
Do you maybe still have the launcher? I find the way you host dedicated servers is quite good. I wish such a tool would be for JJ2 + a console.

Read in quote.

Is there a way to fix the chat in JJ3?

Nimrod
Feb 21, 2010, 01:38 AM
To chat in game you need to bring down the console and type "Say" followed by a chat command, Its been so long since iv played it so I forgot what command brings the console down, but press all the keys on ur keyboard and one of them will be it.

I can try and dig up the launcher and previous work on jj3, not sure where we stored it though.

Slaz
Feb 21, 2010, 01:55 AM
Found it, links are still working: http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/jj3mp/

Happy birthday Nimrod, btw. ;)

BlueDragon
Feb 22, 2010, 02:43 AM
@Nimrod: Lol its the same as in quake. But is there a way to bind keys? (Happy B-Day :))

@Slaz: Thanks for the link i see there are quite a few fixes.

Slaz
Feb 23, 2010, 03:19 PM
The 'weapon bug fix' didn't always work for me however, it's more relevant to multiplayer because having 'unlimited' ammo doesn't really matter in a 15% done single player game..