PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted save?

Primpy
Jan 24, 2015, 02:41 AM
I started playing JJ2+ on Turbo difficulty a week ago. Because I ran out of free time, I just saved the game so I can play it later. Now, when I opened up JJ2+ and then opened the save, the game crashed with this error showing up:
http://i.imgur.com/4psGkNP.png
What can I do to get my save back? I saved at the beggining of the first Medivo level, if this does matter. Of course, I could easily start the episode from Diamondus and use JJNEXT for a few times until I get back to the level, but I had all the powerups and weapons, except the Zapper (or whatever is it called). Help? :P

Borgia
Jan 24, 2015, 03:31 AM
Well, like you said: just use jjnext to go to the next level, then use jjgod for full ammo and type jjfire a couple of times to get...fastfire.

Zah dud4h
Jan 24, 2015, 03:36 AM
thats a bug of jj2+,not a corrupted save file

judging by:
Save files were literally the first item in the issue tracker, but sorry to say, they're not fixed yet. There needs to be a way to get them to play nicely with AngelScript (and other engine changes, but that's the most obvious), and because there are no SP episodes that explicitly require JJ2+, it's never been a priority.

all you have to do,is survive and play the whole game without leaving it

Primpy
Jan 24, 2015, 03:44 AM
thats a bug of jj2+,not a corrupted save file

judging by:

all you have to do,is survive and play the whole game without leaving it

Uh well, it's an answer at least. Thanks :P

Seren
Jan 24, 2015, 03:54 AM
You should be able to fix it by replacing all occurrences of byte sequence <code>70 55 10 6B</code> in the save file with <code>A0 90 00 00</code>. Or maybe <code>6B 10 55 70</code> with <code>00 00 A0 90</code>, I don't remember the endianness.

Primpy
Jan 24, 2015, 03:57 AM
You should be able to fix it by replacing all occurrences of byte sequence <code>70 55 10 6B</code> in the save file with <code>A0 90 00 00</code>. Or maybe <code>6B 10 55 70</code> with <code>00 00 A0 90</code>, I don't remember the endianness.

I saved the game on the second slot. Which one file is it?
How can I replace the code? I opened the file with Notepad and all I see is a bunch of random characters.

SAMI
Jan 24, 2015, 04:16 AM
I saved the game on the second slot. Which one file is it?
How can I replace the code? I opened the file with Notepad and all I see is a bunch of random characters.

Hex editor is a great way to do that of course. There you can search the hex string SE said to replace with.

Primpy
Jan 24, 2015, 04:22 AM
Hex editor is a great way to do that of course. There you can search the hex string SE said to replace with.

Thanks, I'll try that later.

Love & Thunder
Jan 25, 2015, 12:38 AM
Backup the save first though!

Primpy
Jan 25, 2015, 02:17 AM
Backup the save first though!

Teach me, master.
Edit: Nevermind.

Love & Thunder
Jan 25, 2015, 05:40 AM
Just copypaste it somewhere.

By the way, in case you can't find one, XVI32 (http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm) is a good hex editor.

Primpy
Jan 25, 2015, 05:42 AM
Just copypaste it somewhere.

By the way, in case you can't find one, XVI32 (http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm) is a good hex editor.

I already overwrited my save, but I'll keep this in mind so I can solve it if it happens in the future. Thanks you all for the help.

Seren
Jan 25, 2015, 05:53 AM
You won't be able to solve it the same way in the future. The byte sequences I brought up would only work in this particular scenario. The next time this happens they will differ and there may be more than one sequence.

Primpy
Jan 25, 2015, 07:52 AM
You won't be able to solve it the same way in the future. The byte sequences I brought up would only work in this particular scenario. The next time this happens they will differ and there may be more than one sequence.

Too bad. I wanted to replace them this morning, but for some reason I had no internet and I reaaaaly wanted to continue my game, so I used cheat codes to get back there. I accidentally overwrote my save... yeah... sorry. DX