PDA

View Full Version : DM is built upon confusion

EvilMike
Jan 8, 2002, 10:45 PM
This post will explain DM as much as I can, at least from my side.

The earliest traces of the DM clan date back to the first year of jazz2, when there were many small worthless clans. One of these, RS, or better known as the raptors was the clan of Bobby aka DizZy, DM leader (along with me and iCeD). Eventually, RS ran into some trouble (I am not even going to explain, fquist or bobby will have to :P) and was about to die. One day, a member of RS contacted me in a server. He contacted me because I was the leader of BH, a clan I created. He informed me that RS wanted to merge, and I eventually met up with Bobby (who I didn't know too well at the time, because he was still a semi-newbie like I was) and merged to form DL, the Dark legion.

Elsewhere in jazz2, other clans were transforming. I do not know much about these ones, so feel free to fill me in.

Once upon a time, Onag created a clan called MERC, or mercenaries. I believe the clan was made for elite players or something, and it sure did have some. Sadly, it became weak like most clans do, and had to merge. They merged with a clan called EG (Elite guys), that was also formed by a merge of GG and ER, or Good guys and Elite rabbits. The new clan was EM, the Elite mercenaries.

Time passes, and EM died. They basicly had NO active members, so they decided to merge with DL which was still a clan that was doing well. The merge was successful because DL wanted iCeD to be on their side.

There we go. Now we have DM, the Dark mercenaries, a clan with the following members (first 3 are leaders).

Me
Bobby
iCeD
FireSword
Salamander
Deadlock
Flea
VelKasha
Fquist
Everlasting
Spotty

MATH:
GG+ER+MERC+BH+RS=DM
RS+BH=DL
GG+ER=EG
MERC=EG=EM
EM+DL=DM

I just thought I would let you all know. I have gotten questions before :P
This is also an article on J2O.

Disguise
Jan 9, 2002, 12:21 AM
Heheh, I remember all this, but I forgot a lot of the names, lol.

Anyways, as far as I know, SpazRS was a major problem for RS (I remember that guy, sheesh, wish I didn't).

Also, that can't be ALL your members can it? I've seen loads more, but my memory sucks so I can't quote the names. Ah well, sweet story. *sniff* It brings tears into mah leel' eyes. Heheh

Tweety
Jan 9, 2002, 01:11 AM
I always thought DL was Dark Lightnings.. that's what Maddie had told me. ;P

Disguise
Jan 9, 2002, 01:38 AM
Dark Lightning, that's what I thought too ;)

Michael
Jan 9, 2002, 02:58 AM
That clears up alot of confusion :)

FireSworD
Jan 9, 2002, 07:34 AM
Don't forget lil ol SpottyDM! and our very own Everlasting! :)

VelKa
Jan 9, 2002, 08:44 AM
Interesting. Very interesting. =P

iCeD
Jan 9, 2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Tweety
I always thought DL was Dark Lightnings.. that's what Maddie had told me. ;P
It was Dark Lightning, but that name sucks so it was changed to Dark Legion later on.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jan 9, 2002, 10:57 AM
RS is the Raptors Clan ;P

Headed by Raptor (left ages go) Noraa and I were both members in it, not Fquist.

Ice M A N
Jan 9, 2002, 11:32 AM
EM didn't die too bad.. and it wasn't out and out "dead". We had about the same number of active people as you :P And even since then, Ever and I have started playing a bunch again.., so we would've been back to life. :P

(I just played with him for more than an hour and I beat him (with server advantage and a laggy-at-times server, though :P), but yesterday he wooped me good)

Anyhoo.. I miss EM. :P

defalcon
Jan 9, 2002, 02:08 PM
Everlasting still plays? I never knew that. Grg, evil timezones.

FireSworD
Jan 9, 2002, 02:17 PM
From now on everybody call me FS, i know all my clan mates and some other people call me that but since my name is long i think MOST people should call me that, it's alot easier don't ya think? or if you dare to call me "shword" }> (all thanks to GuMmYBeAr! ;-P) which is also smaller than my full name.

so i recomend you all call me: FS[DM] :)

It was just recently i saw Everlasting playing he's quite amazing in CTF i wonder how good he is in battle... And a question; Was Everlasting in DL or EM before they merged? just wondering.

Ice M A N
Jan 9, 2002, 02:20 PM
EM. He's (supposedly) playing more often now because he can be online however often he wants (wether he got cable, dsl, or another phoneline and a flatrate thing or whatever, I don't know which) =)

defalcon
Jan 9, 2002, 02:23 PM
I have one thing to say: broadband. Everlasting probably has cable. I haven't seen him since he came back, only before he left. He's good in battle, impossibly hard to hit.

Okay, Fs [DM] it is, Shword. :D

Garg! EVERYONE is ALWAYS in INVISIBLE MODE!

GuMmYBeAr!
Jan 9, 2002, 02:50 PM
*misses lasty* ;.;

EvilMike
Jan 9, 2002, 02:59 PM
I added a few members I forgot. Stupid me.

As for any others, I'm not adding them untill I see them play. For now they are considered inactive or lost members.

Lama
Jan 9, 2002, 05:31 PM
That was very informative.

Flea DL
Jan 9, 2002, 09:27 PM
Everlasting has ISDN and he said he's going to get DSL soon.

FoD
Jan 10, 2002, 03:28 PM
I knew you would miss it, Ice M A N. HA!

There's still quite a bit of confusion about DM.. as to why DL merged with EM at all (since it wasn't purely the reason stated that caused them to merge).

EvilMike
Jan 10, 2002, 06:31 PM
I wasn't playing at the time of the merge due to system-related reasons. The only say I had in it was the actual go-ahead and advice on the name. Other than that, I can't really remember doing much else at the time of the merge.

FoD
Jan 10, 2002, 07:02 PM
Good. Then it shall remain a mystery.

Ice M A N
Jan 11, 2002, 10:57 AM
Mystery Shmystery... it's all cuz of me and you, FoDDy. :p

And Mikey.. why'd you give the go-ahead to <i>that</i> name? Ick. :P

EverLasting
Jan 12, 2002, 04:06 AM
Hey everybody!
I'm back now, from my 6 months of in-activity. As Flea mentioned, right now I have ISDN and awaits my ADSL which comes next week. Btw, I call myself Ever DM when I'm on Jazz2 because EverLasting DM doesn't fit. =)

Krezack
Jan 12, 2002, 05:32 AM
You forgot Madrabb DL!!!!!!!!! and also a bunch of others i forget let me think for a minute.....*thinks to himself* no no mudkest wasnt in DL...uh ok so i cant remember them :D

Black Energy
Jan 12, 2002, 06:00 AM
Why did all those clans merge? I though that ´good clans´ don´t have to merge? Or..?

FoD
Jan 12, 2002, 06:39 AM
What makes a "good clan"? ;P

Black Energy
Jan 13, 2002, 05:59 AM
That´s what I wanna know. Some people I saw on Jazz Jackrabbit 2 said that DM is a ´good´ clan. How can it be a ´good´ clan if it had to merge, and what makes a good clan in your opinion?

~SPLASH~
Jan 13, 2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Black Energy
That´s what I wanna know. Some people I saw on Jazz Jackrabbit 2 said that DM is a ´good´ clan. How can it be a ´good´ clan if it had to merge, and what makes a good clan in your opinion?
It didn't HAVE to merge, they just wanted to merge.

And IMO, a good clan is a clan with fun things to do in it, but it does need to be a bit strong.

Chiyu
Jan 14, 2002, 05:12 AM
I agree, fun, pleasure and a good feeling in the clan makes a clan good. But it's also important if the clan has good members.

Turtleslayer
Jan 24, 2002, 03:22 PM
Ahhh...thanks, EM-erm, Mike...-that clears things up quite a bit. *is no longer confused*