PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am new here

Air Maelstrom
Dec 10, 2002, 05:12 PM
Sup people. Air Maelstrom is new here.

Alright just so I don't get in trouble later, can someone tell me all of the forum rules. I registered but the rules really weren't there. So can someone tell me? Thanks :D

Paul
Dec 10, 2002, 05:23 PM
Hey..welcome! Great to see some new faces around here (:

for my own information---how did you find us? search? if so--what engine?

We're pretty strict here, but that's at least in part because JJ2 is geared to a younger audience--though the audience has rather aged with the game, I'd say (e.g. I'm 16 going on 17, not exactly target gamer for JJ2). (:

If you swear, the filter will get it--no problem. If you evade the filter, Derby will get you, and you won't like that (;

Anything illegal isn't tolerated--neither are (overly harsh) personal attacks.

Of course...there are other rules...but it's all common sense and good judgement (for most of us, that is). Use yours, and you'll be fine, I think.

Again, welcome! Hopefully you'll like us and stick around (:

Trafton
Dec 10, 2002, 05:44 PM
Welcome! :)

The rules are fairly simple. Do not bypass the filters. Do not post posts with a lot of content. Do not post warez or anything illegal or objectionable. <strike>Worship Trafton.</strike> There are technicalities, but I'm sure if you're asking about rules, you won't have any problems with them. ;)

Again, welcome aboard!

Another Jazz 2 fan
Dec 10, 2002, 05:44 PM
Welcome to our humble (and slightly insane) community. May you enjoy your stay here.

~AJ2f

Air Maelstrom
Dec 10, 2002, 06:12 PM
Err AJ2F, we need to talk. It seems you have done something bad, Krezack if you read this too we also need to talk.

Can I suggest tommorow around 2:30 or later on #jj2, Quakenet on IRC.

Umm, you guys don't understand. I need to know every rule. Common sense, really. You can make 1 slight mistake and get in trouble for it. Tell me all the rules.

Like no one mentioned about warez, but I can guess it's illegal.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Dec 10, 2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Air Maelstrom
Err AJ2F, we need to talk. It seems you have done something bad, Krezack if you read this too we also need to talk.

:confused: *Is very confused*
No, I didn't do anything! I only said hi. What did I do? Umm... go ahead and say it here. Or PM me. But I have no clue what you are talking about.

Stijn
Dec 11, 2002, 06:39 AM
I saw you on JJ2 once, I think. Welcome.

The rules are there when you register, anyway. I checked.

Nightshade
Dec 11, 2002, 06:56 AM
Hi. Hope you enjoy your stay:)

1) don't be gloomy all the time. Ppl hate it.
2) don't use capslocks (I bet you already know this, but I'm saying it anyway) bcause it's like shouting.
3) don't be mean to ppl, even in jest, unless you make it clear that you don't mean it. They can be touchy.
4) eat pie.
5) try to use good grammar. Some newbies have problems with this, but if you don't ppl aren't likely to take you seriously.
6) be funny. If you're serious all the time you may have a problem. Ppl like funny. Just look at ElectricPizza (Piz).
7) Try not to get uptight about little things, like nicknames etc. It won't get you any friends.
8) Try to tone the language down. Some ppl don't appreciate it.
9) eat pie.
10) don't spam. Ppl have low opinions of spammers.
11) don't overload on smilies. It really separates the newbies from the old guys.
12) eat pie.
13) be positive. If you're negative all the time you won't fit in.
14) be nice to admins and mods. This is translated as administrators and moderators.
14) read Conquests and Conquerer in the War Tavern if you like stories. Also, read Kovu's Sureal series.
15) eat pie.
16) Have FUN! If you don't have fun you don't belong here.

Hope that helps. Seeya around!

Nightshade
Dec 11, 2002, 06:57 AM
Warez? What's warez? Nobody told ME.

Air Maelstrom
Dec 13, 2002, 05:21 PM
Alright AJ2F here is why I am angry with you and Krezack.

Originally posted by Another Jazz 2 fan: Miscellaneous Stuff-Page 2-A week in music for the week of [date at time]
Just to let you know, maybe you should find a music forum. They would appreciate this, more likely. Don't waste your time with us.

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?threadid=6381

Can you explain this? Why did you have to hate on the topic?

Krezack made the same mistake weeks back instead he said something else.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Dec 13, 2002, 06:53 PM
*shrugs*
I didn't mean anything by it. I only wished to save him some time, he seemed to be putting a lot of effort into what he wrote. I only suggested that he not waste his energies on us; and recommended that he should post it on a board where people would appreciate his hard work. That's all.

Trafton
Dec 13, 2002, 07:37 PM
Air Maelstrom is not who he appears. Think about it for a while, and it should become obvious who he actually is.

FQuist
Dec 14, 2002, 04:46 AM
Hello JJ Tublear, welcome to the board.

FQuist
Dec 14, 2002, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Nightshade
Warez? What's warez? Nobody told ME.

Warez are illegal copies of software. It's against the law.

Let's not create another warez discussion.

Tubz
Dec 14, 2002, 08:48 AM
Good job Quist. I hope you didn't cheat by asking Trafton or looking at my IP to find out we were the same.

Now according to Trafton, you are going to delete the username: Air Maelstrom. And if you do please also delete my older name JJ Tublear* TA UR.

Thanks, alright AJ2F. Was actually right the topi, received a few replies. I guess I should find a music forum for this stuffness.

FQuist
Dec 14, 2002, 10:28 AM
I cheated. I saw your email adresses and birthdates were the same.

I will delete the air maelstrom account if you promise me to not fake names again.

Trafton
Dec 14, 2002, 10:37 AM
I never said he would delete your account. I said that it would be a bad idea to run both accounts at once, because it has happened. And if you want to say something, you should really just come out and say it instead of making a pretend person to say it for you.

Krezack
Dec 19, 2002, 09:46 PM
Sup people. Air Maelstrom is new here.

Alright just so I don't get in trouble later, can someone tell me all of the forum rules. I registered but the rules really weren't there. So can someone tell me? Thanks :D

Smeg it, you stole my alias!

Krezack
Dec 19, 2002, 09:52 PM
Alright AJ2F here is why I am angry with you and Krezack.

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?threadid=6381

Can you explain this? Why did you have to hate on the topic?

Krezack made the same mistake weeks back instead he said something else.

He hates me, he hates me! JJ Tublear hates me!!!!!!!!! This is a joyous day indeed.

BTW, Tublear: I'm not smegging talking to you, okay?

Tubz
Dec 21, 2002, 06:36 PM
HAHA, fine Krezack. Don't talk to me then, the mess (problem) was cleaned up already.

Trafton
Dec 21, 2002, 06:47 PM
If you had something to say, why did you not come out and say it instead of creating an entire new account and pretending to be someone else?

Krezack
Dec 26, 2002, 09:01 PM
Fine, i'll bite.

Tublear was quite annoyed that I defied him. I didn't like his topic. In fact, i've never liked any of his topics. This annoyed him. He wanted to pull a little prank on me. The end.

Trafton
Dec 26, 2002, 09:07 PM
I know what happened, but I was just wondering about his motitvation.