PDA

View Full Version : JJ2 Problems...HELP!!!

Xion
Jan 5, 2003, 02:27 PM
Get this: I had HH98 on my system, and it took over all files associated to Jazz2.exe from the origional Jazz Jackrabbit 2. I uninstall HH98 and everything was STILL associated with Jazz2 from HH98. I try to make it take the Jazz2.exe from the origional JJ2 and it won't take, no matter what.

I'm using Windows XP, and reinstalling is not a choice ATM because none of my CD Roms are reading my Jazz2 CD's. (sucks)

Trafton
Jan 5, 2003, 02:33 PM
Here are the instructions:
1. Hold shift while right-clicking on any .J2L file (under Windows XP), no right click required.
2. Go to open with.
3. Click browse.
4. Navigate to wherever your 1.23 Jazz2 is.
5. Press OK.
6. Select the 1.23 Jazz
7. Check "always use this program to open this type of file"
8. Click OK.

It should now be associated with 1.23 Jazz. If you didn't mean J2L files, please explain the problem more clearly.

Xion
Jan 5, 2003, 02:39 PM
J2l is associated and will ALWAYS be associated with JCS.

I have a problem with J2i files (The ones that connect the J2O GIP page to JJ2 connecting.)

Those were connected to HH98 and it won't link back to the regular JJ2.

Link
Jan 5, 2003, 04:35 PM
Well just do the same thing, except for j2i files instead.

Xion
Jan 5, 2003, 04:42 PM
No can do. It has reccomended programs as IE and Notepad, and when I select Jazz2 it doesn't appear AT ALL.

BlazinDragon
Jan 5, 2003, 05:08 PM
Ok, i have windows ME, i think i can help u there, under the programs it has chosen; IE and Notepad there should be a section called: "Choose Program"

Click that and select Jazz2 from the list or watever u want your problem files to fun in.

Hope that helped

Note:Although i have Win ME, i think its the same in this concept.

Link
Jan 5, 2003, 08:37 PM
That's what I thought too. There should be a browse button or "other program" choice or something, which will let you select an exe file.

Trafton
Jan 5, 2003, 08:42 PM
Xion,

I believe my exact same instructions except .J2I instead of .J2L will work. :)

Xion
Jan 6, 2003, 01:07 PM
umm...what part of

IT DOES NOT SHOW JAZZ2 AS A CHOICE TO SELECT, AND BROWSE DOES NOT MAKE IT SHOW

do you not understand?

Link
Jan 6, 2003, 01:26 PM
If you click browse, you need to browse to the JJ2 executable file (Jazz2.exe). It won't magically appear, you need to go into the Jazz 2 folder and select Jazz2.exe.

Xion
Jan 7, 2003, 12:15 PM
problem is: It's not taking Jazz2.exe. It takes controller.exe and cataclysm.exe but NOT Jazz2.exe. HELP!!

Link
Jan 7, 2003, 01:50 PM
Umm...what do you mean by "not taking"? Is there any specific message it gives you?