PDA

View Full Version : Could not load languagefile "ENGLISH.J2S"

WhiteFang
Feb 5, 2003, 07:50 AM
I had to reinstall jazz, but I can't get it to work... it's signals an internal error. Could not load languagefile "ENGLISH.J2S"
I reinstalled it several times already, but that doesn't help.

..::Goldy::..
Feb 5, 2003, 07:57 AM
If I were you I'd have someone sending it to me. Once u got it, place it in ur Jazz2 directory an see what error is next to come up. (I predict there will be more errors :D)

Haze
Feb 5, 2003, 11:30 AM
I'd try deinstalling and use either a registry cleaner of the .inf-file Epic provided to get rid of all the registry entries related to Jazz.
After this you could try another install (and don't forget the patches ;)).

*suspects there are some path-related problems*

WhiteFang
Feb 5, 2003, 12:05 PM
Oh well, deinstall again I suppose then... And thanks for the optimistic advice Haze, lol :P

Oh, I remember why I didn't used that uninstallthingie from Epic before... You have to open it by clicking with the right mousebutton and my Explorer crashes everytime I rightclick on a file, so I can't open the whole thing...!

Link
Feb 5, 2003, 07:45 PM
That isn't a minor problem (crashing when you right-click).

What operating system are you using?

Haze
Feb 6, 2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by WhiteFang
Oh well, deinstall again I suppose then... And thanks for the optimistic advice Haze, lol :P

Oh, I remember why I didn't used that uninstallthingie from Epic before... You have to open it by clicking with the right mousebutton and my Explorer crashes everytime I rightclick on a file, so I can't open the whole thing...!

Double clicking should (normally) work as well.
And as for Explorer crashing... well, erm... BLAH! :)

*should mention looking into driver updates, but won't*

WhiteFang
Feb 6, 2003, 09:21 AM
Lol, you did anways Haze :P :P And when I double-click the uninstall-epicfile it opens wordpad and shows me some document bla bla bla, maybe I have the wrong file?
And Link, I'm using windows XP... I could tell you loads of info about my computer, but I don't know what information you need, but if you can help me out with this, your my saviour!!! :)

Haze
Feb 7, 2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by WhiteFang
Lol, you did anways Haze :P :P And when I double-click the uninstall-epicfile it opens wordpad and shows me some document bla bla bla, maybe I have the wrong file?

Great, another file association gone to shambles... And since right clicking crashes explorer fixing it will be a tad bit harder. Try by looking into "Properties"- or "Preferences"-dialog accessible from the explorer menu. You should be able to rearrange the file associations from there.
(can't check since he's on Unix at the moment)

And Link, I'm using windows XP... I could tell you loads of info about my computer, but I don't know what information you need, but if you can help me out with this, your my saviour!!! :)
Seems like you're not the only one with this problem. A quick search on Google-news will bring up a whole list of people with the same problem, though there hasn't been a real fix yet.
Some people say you'll have to use an utility and disable the "New..." option in the right-click dialog. Others say the bug is being caused by the WindowsXP zip-support.

At this point I'd say update your drivers and look at Windows update for any updates on XP itself. *best he can do at this moment*

WhiteFang
Feb 8, 2003, 11:46 PM
Well, Windows XP updates hisself, so I have the newest drivers and updates. And I don't really understand what to do with the preferencesthingie, is that a different way to install the jazzun-installprogram?
But aren't there other programs which I can use by just leftdouble-clicking? Can I delete the registrykeys by hand?

Haze
Feb 9, 2003, 03:37 AM
Sure you can! Just fire up your favorite registry editor, regedit.exe will do just fine, and search for the "Epic MegaGames" keys (there can be several!). Just delete all subentries related to Jazz Jackrabbit and you should be good to go.

If you're not to keen on editting by hand use a registry clearer such as the one from jv16 PowerTools (http://www.jv16.org/).

Tubz
Feb 15, 2003, 08:57 AM
Why did you reinstall jazz2, you probably don't have to. Ok pop the cd into ur drive. And ignore autoplay, and open the cd contents. Then go to Resource, find English.j2s and copy and paste it into your Jazz2 folder.

Only if everything you tried fails: Copy and paste everything in Resource to your Jazz2 folder.

Haze
Feb 16, 2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
Why did you reinstall jazz2, you probably don't have to. Ok pop the cd into ur drive. And ignore autoplay, and open the cd contents. Then go to Resource, find English.j2s and copy and paste it into your Jazz2 folder.

Only if everything you tried fails: Copy and paste everything in Resource to your Jazz2 folder.

Problem: not every JJ2 version has a "resource"-folder on the CD. ;)

WhiteFang
Feb 16, 2003, 05:08 AM
Thanks all... I deleted everything by hand, Jazz and strings in the regestry and now it's working again... I still can't play jazz online though, I can't connect to the serverlist. I do have serverlistthingie... :)

Tubz
Feb 16, 2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Haze
Problem: not every JJ2 version has a "resource"-folder on the CD. ;)

Oh lol, I didn't know that. Anyway I had version 1.22 of JJ2 when I bought it.

4I Falcon
Mar 11, 2003, 12:34 PM
We have another victim of the ENGLISH.J2S fault. Firefox can't connect to the server lists, and, as per suspected, he's using XP. Any other info will be supplied on an ask-and-ye-shall-receive basis.

PLZ HELP OK PLZ THANKS

Oh yeah, and he also says he can't get around the JCF without being mauled by the password-seeker. He says he has cookies on, but after clicking on any page on the JCF, it asks for his password again. Which is why I'm posting this for him.

Help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Frioruetfeorx ffoirnwaalrldye dg!o tY ahyi!s