View Full Version : The Tweedle Boss

mikeejimbo
Apr 20, 2003, 07:15 AM
Has anyone seen him? I have a picture here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~rkreuter/CG/pictures.html

What fun! How pretty!

Blackraptor
Apr 20, 2003, 07:28 AM
I have seen him, there is an upload of a picture of him on J2O. Though this wasnt needed, it may help the people looking for a picture of him that can't find it anywhere else. Anyways, he looks a bit retarded....

Newspaz
Apr 20, 2003, 07:36 AM
Yeah, actually I think I put his picture on here before.

Trafton
Apr 20, 2003, 07:39 AM
It has been uploaded to many places many times. Still, cool pictures. :)

mikeejimbo
Apr 20, 2003, 07:44 AM
Really? I thought all the pictures were of actual people.

Well, he is hard to get a picture of, and I needed content for my web page.

Also, notice the exhausted Jazz. Getting the picture was hard work.

4I Falcon
Apr 20, 2003, 05:42 PM
Woo.

Mimic
Apr 20, 2003, 11:32 PM
looks like a cat.
i like cats

Hare
Apr 21, 2003, 01:27 AM
Is this a boss from TSF?

Newspaz
Apr 21, 2003, 03:09 AM
No. It's the boss which would have been in the Psych levels. If it would have worked properly ;)

Shiverz CC
Apr 21, 2003, 05:00 AM
How is it possible to get a photo of him if he doesnt work in the game so you cant take a screeny ? I thought the rocket turtle didnt work until I found out it was a boss that flew to the top of the level.:roll:

RockyR
Apr 21, 2003, 05:05 AM
The event block still contains something when placed in a level, just like the butterfly or the TNT powerup that can be partially interacted with because it was not fully removed from the game.
I believe it can still hurt your character. The main point is that it can be shot, and with the ice weapon, frozen as usual. Just before it "defrosts" the sprite is shown clearly for a moment, and then it becomes invisible again.
Evidently, you wouldn't have been able to freeze this in the real game because you were to fight him without your weapon. :)

Shiverz CC
Apr 21, 2003, 05:07 AM
Ahh ! Is there any other sprites in the game that dont work

Newspaz
Apr 21, 2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by RockyR
Evidently, you wouldn't have been able to freeze this in the real game because you were to fight him without your weapon. :) I've heard that a whole set of sprites of Jazz without his gun have been drawn. Can anyone confirm that?

RockyR
Apr 21, 2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Newspaz
I've heard that a whole set of sprites of Jazz without his gun have been drawn. Can anyone confirm that?

Epic had mentioned this scenario at least once in talking about plans unfinished I believe back at the Epic Megaboard Jazz forum.
Some or possibly all of these are still in the game. Using the sprite loop trick developed by Bluez, which is to construct a level with an end-level event that can be hit but the character will not be able to land on their feet (such as keeping them in a suction tube), some of these will show up along with normal sprites and other unused ones (edit: at the time when Jazz is supposed to run off the screen).
On that subject of unused sprites also mentioned here, using different methods of keeping Jazz/Spaz off their feet locks them into the different area in the sprite cycle which allows you to see different areas from the library.

Newspaz
Apr 21, 2003, 08:29 AM
Thanks. I just found an animation of Jazz walking, without a gun.

Violet CLM
Apr 21, 2003, 11:14 AM
It is my opinion my (cropped for filesize) picture of him is better.
http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/gallery5/2002630562942653.jpg

Anyway, yes, there are a lot of gunless Jazz sprites.

4I Falcon
Apr 21, 2003, 03:57 PM
Are there actually any animations of Jazz walking, a lĂ(-) JJ1, or just those of him running slowly?

Sun Fun Dude
Apr 24, 2003, 01:32 AM
Cool I have never seen that before.