PDA

View Full Version : The Angustus----needs people

CottonTail
May 6, 2003, 04:26 PM
<center>Part One

<p>One day in Carrotus it was sunny and perfect for a lake swim. Many of the rabbits gone down to the misty lake to spend the day.

CottonTail, a white rabbit, was walking down by the water on the sand. The sun glazed the Lake and it sparkled like a clear blue gem. The sand was flooded with rabbits. Big rabbits, little rabbits, and was down right crowded.But the water and the nearby forest was beutiful, and Cotton thought nothing could go wronge on a day like this, when suddenly she saw a black cloud in the distance.

It hovered over the water, like a fly on a dead animal. But as close as it was, it didnt touch the clear blue gem. Cotton squinted her eyes and focused to try and see more. But she couldnt, it stayed black and roughly circler, and almost transperant. It suddenly got bigger and bigger, and Cotton soon realized that it was coming closer.

The beach went silent. If all the rabbits had not noticed the dark cloud before, they did now. Every sole on the sand and in water looked over to the dark object, staring in confusion. They stretched their eyes wide and held their breath as they too noticed that the object was coming closer, and at an alarming speed.

The object got closer and closer until it finally stretched over every tree.But no one saw it finally meet them. Because it rushed forward and consumed everything in darkness. Cotton felt the presence of tiny rushing objects. She also barely saw all the rabbits rushing out of the water and all flooding from the sand. She caught her wits and ran. Rabbits screamed all around, and suddenly she felt biting all over, so did everyone else by the sounds of their scream. And the whole time heard a very loud roaring noise, almost like buzzing only a million times worse, until the darkness vanished and left all the people fallen in the sand, bewildered and terrified, and with tiny red insect bite marks all over them.
__________________________________________________ __ I need people to join! Post your whole profile, and anything you want.

4I Falcon
May 7, 2003, 11:54 AM
Uh, any limitations on profiles? If not, then you can find about fifteen of mine in Everyone's Characters.

Batty Buddy
May 7, 2003, 12:05 PM
Que Passa!!!!

If you need any humor, any of my characters(Also in the everyones characters page) is available.

Coppertop
May 7, 2003, 12:15 PM
Heh, sure, either of mine.

CottonTail
May 8, 2003, 01:07 PM
<center>Part2

<p>The next day the story of the strange object that had attacked the beach was overflowing in newspapers, T.V, radio, and was in the mouths of every rabbit around. Cotton was looking in one of those newspapers one day at home, and she saw that there were a lot more attacks from that "black cloud," than just the one at the beach the other day.

Meanwhile, over at a coffe shop in the street of bakersville, a medium built white rabbit with blue eyes was also looking at a newspaper.Jack Flash was an enemy of turtles, and smelled something fishy. The newspaper said that the cloud was makeing strange attacks all over Carrotus,and there were even sights of an odd black cloud in diamondus,which were the two main rabbit worlds.He read that all the victems got red marks all over them, and some even got sick.Another lame turtle trick if ive ever seen one, he muttered.

All of the sudden the door to the shop swung open and a frantic big bat fluttered in. His wings went wild as he struggled to remain airborn in the small windless building. He finally just fell to the ground with a big thump, then adjusted a pair of sunglasses on his face. He jumped back up and screamed, "ITS COMEING!"
"Whats comeing?" A guy behind the shop counter asked.

The bat ran over and grabbed the paper right from Jack Flashes grasp. He turned to face the rabbit and everyone in the building, then pointed to a picture of the previous days black cloud event.
"Thats comeing, you idieeeeeot!"

Everyone laughed, and a small group of rabbits got up and looked out the window. Their faces quickly changed to horror as they screamed and ran out of the coffie shop.

Everyone jumped up and rushed to the window. They screamed and paniced.
"Please, please, everyone just stay in here and you will all be fine," the counter guy exclaimed.But all the rabbits flew to the door, pushing and shoveing and struggleing to get out.

The bat, Batty Buddy, ran out flapping his leather-like wings.Jack too got up from his seat.He grabbed a red blaster from the holster on his back, and ran to the door, flinging it open. A huge gust of wind nearly pushed him into the wall. He got balanced and ducked outside.

The sky was now grey and voices were everywere. He looked ahead of him and saw rabbtis scampering up the street. To his left he saw Batty furiously flapping his wings, trying to work against the wind. "Why dont you run?" Jack yelled to him. The bat looked over and squinted, sheilding his eyes from the debre in the wind. "Because flying is faster!"

Jack rolled his eyes and turned around. He stretched his eyes wide and stared in disbelief. A huge stretch of darkness, that he could not see behind, was comeing closer and closer. It was makeing a huge amount of noise, again like roaring, and was picking up garbage and lose steel from its travel.

Jack Flash started to speedily back away shooting at the mass helplessly. As he backed off, he grabbed still-struggleing Batty Buddy by the upper wing and pulled him along. He turned around and started to run, but tripped over a dent in the road. Batty buddy fell and rolled, but got up and stoad wondering what to do.
Jack finally turned over and opened his mouth in silent horror as he saw the black cloud toaring over him.

Suddenly a tall grey rabbit ran infront of them. She had long black hair tied togeather by a scarf into a braid.She had black pants and a dull green sleeved shirt with a vest. She pulled a grand looking sword into grip. She flattened his hand on a green gem attached to the sword, than ran at the cloud, throwing his sword back and forth. Jack Flash jumped up and ran to help, gun in hand. Batty buddy got a crow bar out of an orange backpack on him, and fluttered forward.They all started to attack, but were surprised when the cloud flew into the sky, into the mountains beyond.

continued...

4I Falcon
May 8, 2003, 02:56 PM
Snark.

Nice chapter, Cotton. BTW, you don't always need to mention Jack's last name; just call him Jack. It makes things easier.

CottonTail
May 9, 2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 4I Falcon
Snark.

Nice chapter, Cotton. BTW, you don't always need to mention Jack's last name; just call him Jack. It makes things easier.

o ok, sry.

Batty Buddy
May 9, 2003, 02:06 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Cool chapter <s>and the fact that I'm in it makes it cooler</s>

Can't wait to see more.

Coppertop
May 12, 2003, 12:03 PM
Good work.

CottonTail
May 14, 2003, 01:14 PM
Sorry for the shortness of this chapter, didnt have a lot of time.

<p><center>Part 3

<p> "Thanks for the help,"Jack said. "Im Jack." He introduced hiself. "Im Coppertop," the grey rabbit said. "And im Batty."

"So, do have any idea what that was?" Jack asked as they all stood on the city dirt road. "Well actually I do have sort of an idea," Copper replied. Batty and Jack nodded for her to continue. "I have seen and heard about many of its attacks, and do you know were it always goes when it is finished?" She went on, "well, it goes into the mountains! And do you know what is almost always hideing in the mountains?" Batty Buddy shook his head with impatience. "Turtles!" Copper exclaimed. "Uh huh, so what is it?" Batty asked, a little rudely. Coppertop hesitated for an instant. "Well, im not really sure, but I think its something that they control, and I think if we can find the source of this little problem, we can stop it."

They all agreed that they would help, and they started off away from the city into wilderland. When they were only a few miles from the northern part of The Lion Mountains, trees began and grew thicker and thicker. Brush filled the area.
"It quite thick around here isnt it," Jack declared. "Once we get to the mountains and higher up, there wont be very many plants, it will be pretty smooth for awhile too," Copper said."In fact, it wont be too long now. And the last turtle sighting was at Rocky Ridge, about a day away." Batty Buddy, who was following above the trees heard their talk and came flapping down infront of them. He met ground and took his backpack off to search for something inside. After a bit of shuffleing around, he pulled out a little gadjet that had buttons and a screen.

"The Turtle Tracker three thousand!" He exclaimed excitedly and held it up to Jack and Copper. "Hows it work?" Batty grinned. "It simply tracks complete turtle DNA up tp nineteen miles away.I thought it might be useful. Neat huh?" Copper nodden in admiration. "Keep it handy."

<center>Continued....

Coppertop
May 15, 2003, 11:44 AM
Good stuff.
Oh, I'm a girl, and my name doesn't have a capital T in it:D Just clearing some stuff up.

Radium
May 15, 2003, 03:16 PM
I refuse to read this until I see some apostrophes.

CottonTail
May 16, 2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Coppertop
Good stuff.
Oh, I'm a girl, and my name doesn't have a capital T in it:D Just clearing some stuff up.

Ok, I think I edited right now, sorry bout that. :o

Originally posted by Radium
I refuse to read this until I see some apostrophes.

:rolleyes:

Batty Buddy
May 16, 2003, 10:32 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Don't mind Radium, he's been Mr. Picky a lot lately.

Nice story by the way.

Coppertop
May 16, 2003, 12:09 PM
Ignore the Radium.

Radium
May 16, 2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Coppertop
Ignore the Radium.
Wow, I feel so much more important when my name has an article behind it.

I'm a bit picky about grammar, yea. I = a very strange person.

Coppertop
May 20, 2003, 12:13 PM
:eek: You admitted it. That makes you even stranger.

CottonTail
May 26, 2003, 02:38 PM
Thanx y'all.
__________________________________________________ __

<center>Part 4

<p>The next day the three strode through up through the mountains. The ground was now covered with pine needles from the few trees growing in that area. They walked on feeling cheery and good about themselves so much that they didnt realize they were moveing a bit too much to the west. Soon the pine and short grass turned into grey stone and cliffy area.

"Uh, just a sec okay? Im going to look over here a bit," said Coppertop and she jogged away towards an area to the far left, not waiting for a reply. Jack and Batty too continued to walk, since it was very early and there was not enough breeze to lift him yet.

Copper stopped running when she saw the rocky ground end and jut down just about a meter and a half to sandy ground. Lifting her eyes, she saw an endless lake in the distance. "That shouldnt be here," she said to herself. If they were on the right route, they should have gone upwards to the North of the mountains, and have gotten much to high for there to be any beaches, at least not this close by. Why, only to the West of the mountains did the ground stay somewhat low, and there was a beach which surrounded the West. But they couldnt have been in the West, not unless she had made a mistake. Because if they were, they were surely dead ducks, for this was were one of the strongest turtle armies in Carrotus were kept.

On Copper's face appeared a horrified expression. Looking down into the sand of the beach, she saw millions of endless round clawed footprints. She turned around and with a feeling of determination she ran to warn the others.
"I should have paid more attention!" She scolded herself. Finally she glimsped her friends in a close distance.

"Run, just hide somewere, fast," Jack heard and turned to see Copper. A puzzled expression crossed his face. "Batty, check your Turtle Tracker," Copper said impatienly. Batty reached into his backpack and pulled out the gizmo. He pressed a button and saw on the screen dozens of little green dots on the grey outlined digital map.All the dots were stuck togeather in one place. Before Batty could say a word, the thicker part of the forest behind them exploded and a mass of shelled anphibians ran toward them.

Batty flapped as hard as he ever had in his life and flew high into the air.Copper pulled out her sword and Jack got out his blaster. But before they knew what was happeing two gigantic turtles ran toward them and knocked their weapons away. Just before his gun fell to the ground, Jack pressed his finger to the trigger and as it fell it shot one of the turtles in the leg. He fell, but Jack and Copper pushed with the crowd, while Batty quikly followed from above.

<center> Continued...

Coppertop
May 27, 2003, 08:07 AM
Ooh, action so soon ... good stuffness.