PDA

View Full Version : sperdroedel's questions thread

sproedel
Oct 7, 2003, 05:49 AM
Yep, I decided to make an own level. And as such an uber-n00b I, of course, had to take the Jungle1 tileset.

But being a n00b at making levels there are problems and there always will be. So, instead of making a new thread for every problem I have, I now have my own thread for those questions.

But lets begin and leave the blabla alone.

1.) Is there any chance to make an area to a deathly area? I mean, if you fall in an area you die immediately?

2.) What do I have to do or change to make Jazz/Spaz run behind something. I mean like a tunnel or something like that. I tried to let them run through a tree (with this thing...this door like thing...ah, forget it), but cos of my n00bness I havent made it yet to stop them running in front of the tiles. And I want them to run behind the tiles. So, what do I have to do?

Truly yours sproedel

Trafton
Oct 7, 2003, 06:24 AM
1. Yes, although you won't lose a life. Put a line of red CTF bases and then blue. They will die.
2. Modify the layer 3 properties to have a size equal to the layer 4 size and set the X and Y scroll values to 1. Then you can use that layer.

~ Traft

Strato
Oct 7, 2003, 07:56 AM
Well, you need to have the score in single player and be hurt at the exact same moment that they score. Easily done be suckering them between the base to a spike ball. That should cause instant death

X
----|
X S

X = Base
- = Sucker tube
S = Spikeball (non moving)

n0
Oct 7, 2003, 09:02 AM
<a href = http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref>Dingdong!</a>

sproedel
Oct 8, 2003, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the replies and the link.