PDA

View Full Version : VBulletin3 Gamma Bug Report

Trafton
Dec 6, 2003, 09:45 PM
//EDIT: Modified to reflect the topic split from the old thread.

The JCF was just upgraded to Gamma version. Please post any issues you find with the new version. So far:

- The bug involving hidden forums displaying as having Never as the last post is still there.
- Post totals are shown.
- Attachments are enabled. (<b>EDIT:</b> Fixed)

~ Traft

Monolith
Dec 6, 2003, 09:56 PM
Testing attachment....
Max attachment size seems to be 0 bytes.

There's also the choose rating option available right now.

Link
Dec 6, 2003, 09:57 PM
Posts are appearing in Times New Roman for me.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but the members list only shows username and status. Didn't it use to have other information like location, instant messaging, etc? I found that having a summarized list like that was useful.

Some of the options (avatars, paid subscriptions, etc) appearing in my control panel should be removed because they aren't applicable here.

Topic review (when replying) appears all the way at the bottom of the page with a big gap in between. It's also in an iframe but only shows the last 40 posts, which sort of defeats the purpose of putting it in an iframe. If it's in a separate frame (scrollable) it should really show the whole topic.

A lot of cell backgrounds are blue, which doesn't fit with the theme I'm using (or the J2O theme).

In the list of forums in search, the private forums I have access to do not appear. And as Trafton mentioned they still do not display properly in the main index.

Edit(s):

Spaztic appears as an administrator in forum leaders.

Recurring events (in Calendar) still do not recur.

iframe problem is gone, though it still only shows last 40 posts.

"New Topic" button does not appear when viewing a topic.

There seem to be display problems in general, like sometimes text will disappear\change when scrolling quickly.

Trafton
Dec 6, 2003, 10:00 PM
Posts are appearing in Times New Roman for me.
iCeD says he'll work on fixing that and similar layout problems soon.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but the members list only shows username and status. Didn't it use to have other information like location, instant messaging, etc? I found that having a summarized list like that was useful.
Same.

Some of the options (avatars, paid subscriptions, etc) appearing in my control panel should be removed because they aren't applicable here.
I'm not sure if that's possible, but I agree it just clutters. Also, profile image things give me a low-access error, which is sort of weird for something in one's CP.

Topic review (when replying) appears all the way at the bottom of the page with a big gap in between. It's also in an iframe but only shows the last 40 posts, which sort of defeats the purpose of putting it in an iframe. If it's in a separate frame (scrollable) it should really show the whole topic.
I don't have that problem, myself.

A lot of cell backgrounds are blue, which doesn't fit with the theme I'm using (or the J2O theme).
I recall a similar problem in the last move. It's probably one of those things in the layout that will be fixed a bit later.

In the list of forums in search, the private forums I have access to do not appear. And as Trafton mentioned they still do not display properly in the main index.
Indeed, they do not appear.

Also, while it says that the maximum size is 2 MB, it actually doesn't allow for uploads more than zero bytes.

Additionally, thread rating is back with a vengeance.

EDIT: It may just be me, but the first post in this topic is displaying weirdly...it changes when I get the mouse near it and the text disappears...

ANOTHER EDIT: When I edit the title of this topic, it does not change on the forum listing or within the topic itself.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Some fonts in some signatures are too small to read for some reason - Times New Roman is face.

TIRED-OF-THINKING-UP-ADJECTIVES EDIT: When I try to use the quick theme change, it reverts constantly.

~ Traft

Violet CLM
Dec 6, 2003, 10:43 PM
Topics don't display very well at all. So far, I've had a 33% percent sucess rate of the text color being different from the background color (Whatever happened to the nice post tables?).

Link
Dec 6, 2003, 10:47 PM
Topics don't display very well at all. So far, I've had a 33% percent sucess rate of the text color being different from the background color (Whatever happened to the nice post tables?).

That's what I mean with the text displaying weird. It also skips and cuts off a lot when you scroll. However, it seems to be IE specific, at least so far. Firebird in Linux displays everything fine.

Edit: I don't know how I missed this - Custom titles are not displayed in posts. They are still shown in individual profiles though.

Monolith
Dec 6, 2003, 10:56 PM
There appears to be a bug with not properly closing HTML tags in posts and/or signatures. (As was seen with Slim's singature which had a &lt;strike&gt; tag in it.) Not only did it fail to properly close the tag, it also generated HTML code with that tag scattered around the rest of the page.

Monolith
Dec 6, 2003, 10:59 PM
That's what I mean with the text displaying weird. It also skips and cuts off a lot when you scroll. However, it seems to be IE specific, at least so far. Firebird in Linux displays everything fine.

The only text oddity I've seen in Mozilla are how the Last Post times on the main page print over into the Threads column.

Violet CLM
Dec 7, 2003, 12:24 AM
For some reason the names and stuff seem to be on top of the posts, instead of to their left. Also the various button images included with the themes don't seem to get used.

scatman
Dec 7, 2003, 12:52 AM
For some reason the names and stuff seem to be on top of the posts, instead of to their left. Also the various button images included with the themes don't seem to get used.

I dont like the blue colour BTW
it also looks too "square" to me.

-Scatman

[EDIT] and i like the old Quote thingy better. (alog with the rest of the old layout)

Unhit
Dec 7, 2003, 01:27 AM
I find it a huge bug that this forum looks sux =(

Other bugs...let's see :P

Risp_old
Dec 7, 2003, 04:59 AM
The interface is way too large, since I use 800 x 600 resolution.

MaGoo
Dec 7, 2003, 05:13 AM
I cannot seem to quick reply at all, I think that's already been mentioned a while ago. Also, the user CP option seems to be pointless, because the Quick Links icon is much more convienant to anyone who would want to change their profile/sig/options. To me, at least.

SoulFirE
Dec 7, 2003, 05:42 AM
This looks like one big bug instead of an upgrade. I'll wait till things get better :/

Radium
Dec 7, 2003, 06:45 AM
Er... can you get the names back on the left, fix up the nice tables again, and get rid of this uber-light blue color?

the WINNER
Dec 7, 2003, 06:48 AM
I found a bug. Look at this.

!stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff !stuff

Link
Dec 7, 2003, 07:00 AM
I don't know if this can be changed, but I personally dislike the menu things. On individual posts one used to be able to do things like find all posts, view profile, send a private message, etc, with one click. Now it takes at least two.

And if the browser has JavaScript disabled, a lot of the functionality is gone. The menus don't work at all. However, if I use a text-only browser, all of the menu functions are displayed. In general it looks way better and is easier to navigate in text-only (in comparison to how it was before). So it seems they have made it more compatible with text-only browsers, but very incompatible with non-JavaScript graphical browsers.

What I thought was an iframe actually isn't, so ignore everything I mentioned above about iframes. It seems to just be using CSS or something to do the scrollbar inside the table. If CSS is disabled\unsupported it will just appear like a normal table.

This problem has always been present, but I think it should still be fixed. The topic review does not appear when editing a post.

Black Ninja
Dec 7, 2003, 09:09 AM
This isn't really a bug, but this new version is hideous. Ugly ugly ugly ugly. Hopefully I shall grow to like it or it will be severely changed once more.

Trafton
Dec 7, 2003, 11:03 AM
Aside from the ugly, a few more bugs:

- New posts do not have the piece of paper as a different color. It is just white, which makes it hard to tell which posts are new.
- Even after all topics are read, the forum still says there are new posts (not necessarily a bug.)
- Blinking bug described above more prevelant than originally thought.

I will add more as I find them. <i>Many</i> more.

~ Traft

Monolith
Dec 7, 2003, 01:16 PM
The posts don't seem to have anchor tags, so the "Go to first unread post" links don't work.

SteelTalon
Dec 7, 2003, 08:00 PM
looks pretty slick to me actually

only bug I see is the little icon under "Moderators" on the front page has a blue background instead of being transparent. but you guys probably knew that, right? ;)

Coppertop
Dec 8, 2003, 08:47 AM
<s>Prolly</s> not a bug, but what the heck is "Google Spider" when I look at who's online?

FQuist
Dec 8, 2003, 08:59 AM
Google spiders are the things that google.com crawls the web with.. they collect the information you find when you use Google.

Tik
Dec 8, 2003, 10:44 AM
I'm having a very annoying bug. I keep trying to change my forum skin layout theme thing from the drop down box that was added at the bottom, but it just reverts to the yellow j2o-style default theme. Yesterday it was working perfectly...

Me being an administrator is a bug I can certainly embrace.

FQuist
Dec 8, 2003, 11:09 AM
I'm having a very annoying bug. I keep trying to change my forum skin layout theme thing from the drop down box that was added at the bottom, but it just reverts to the yellow j2o-style default theme. Yesterday it was working perfectly...

Me being an administrator is a bug I can certainly embrace.

That's because I temporarily allow only the J2O one to be selected because the other ones are not finished. I'll allow the other ones to be selected too.

Coppertop
Dec 8, 2003, 11:13 AM
Google spiders are the things that google.com crawls the web with.. they collect the information you find when you use Google.

Ah. That's what I thought.

BTW, the smilies are all white. Bizarre.

Violet CLM
Dec 8, 2003, 11:23 AM
Themes no longer work, posts no longer display except in topic review.

FQuist
Dec 8, 2003, 12:05 PM
Themes work again now.

No posts show up for you, in showthread.php?

Violet CLM
Dec 8, 2003, 04:43 PM
Ok, posts now load, and themes essentially work. Only problem is the background color for posts seems to have been changed, so in "Dark and Simple" links fade into the background too much.

Link
Dec 9, 2003, 05:32 AM
This problem occured with the last version too, but I think I should still mention it: If one is posting a poll, the topic is displayed publicly before the poll is finished.

FQuist
Dec 9, 2003, 07:48 AM
At the moment only a few themes have been fixed. Others will be fixed later on. J2O Theme and Digital Eclipse are the best themes right now.

Tik
Dec 9, 2003, 07:54 AM
I'm running a Mac with its version of IE, so I guess anyway you look at it I'm screwed. But, anyway, the cell lengths on the left side of posts are not exact, they vary on the length of their name. Thus for people like KILLERRABBIT and whatever, their post gets pushed way to the right and it looks kind of dumb. I don't know if its the same way as in IE on a Windows machine.

Nice work on fixing the other bugs, though, the JCF is starting to look like the JCF again =P

FQuist
Dec 9, 2003, 07:57 AM
Is Dark & Simple better now, Unknown Rabbit?

Spaztic: Mac/IE = designer's nightmare. bah

EDIT: hmm, I see now that the killerrabbit thing also applies to other browsers.

n0
Dec 9, 2003, 08:48 AM
Dark and simple is da bomb, execpt the little arrows on the main page that let you open and close folders are still yellow, and some of the links are a weird blue color instead of a shade of gray.

Violet CLM
Dec 9, 2003, 09:06 AM
Nope, links are still almost the same color as the post background.

(hmmm... where's the list of addable smiley things?)

FQuist
Dec 9, 2003, 09:29 AM
Turn on the smiley thing in the optoions.

What browser do you have, Unknown? Because here the links are <i>not</i> the same as the post backgrounds.

Violet CLM
Dec 9, 2003, 10:34 AM
I've tried looking for the "smiley thing" in options, but haven't gotten any results. Maybe it's part of the reply box format which doesn't seem to be there.

Netscape. In viewing a topic, post backgrounds are light grey, while in topic review they're dark grey as they should be.

FQuist
Dec 9, 2003, 11:15 AM
Netscape 4?

Violet CLM
Dec 9, 2003, 12:09 PM
I believe so.

FQuist
Dec 9, 2003, 12:38 PM
I don't think that's even supported anymore. It's ancient. I don't think the board was made to be compatible with that.

Violet CLM
Dec 9, 2003, 02:47 PM
The last version worked perfectly, and currently everything works perfectly except for the slight color problem.

(I claim the page just to show that pages are supported)

n0
Dec 10, 2003, 09:38 AM
Uh, the search doesn't work at all. I searched for the word word and it didn't find anything.

-=Edit=-
It seems to be able to find names of people, but not words in a post.

--==EditEdit==--
I tried it again, and it found the word word. Weird?

---===EditEditEdit===---
So, basicly, it can find any word execpt the word I want to search for, right?
Try nobody. It doesn't work.

----====EditEditEditEdit====----
I asked Faw to search for nobody, he couldn't find anything either.
At least I know I'm not losing my insanity!

Trafton
Dec 10, 2003, 12:51 PM
Uh, the search doesn't work at all. I searched for the word word and it didn't find anything.

-=Edit=-
It seems to be able to find names of people, but not words in a post.

--==EditEdit==--
I tried it again, and it found the word word. Weird?

---===EditEditEdit===---
So, basicly, it can find any word execpt the word I want to search for, right?
Try nobody. It doesn't work.

----====EditEditEditEdit====----
I asked Faw to search for nobody, he couldn't find anything either.
At least I know I'm not losing my insanity!
I'd probably say it is because of the "NO" prefix. But that is "NOT." Does anything else work?

~ Traft

SteelTalon
Dec 11, 2003, 05:12 PM
looks pretty slick to me actually

only bug I see is the little icon under "Moderators" on the front page has a blue background instead of being transparent. but you guys probably knew that, right? ;)

bug on dark and simple actually worse now. that button for "go to top" or whatever now has a yellow background like the standard yellow J20 theme :r

Link
Dec 11, 2003, 05:21 PM
I'd probably say it is because of the "NO" prefix. But that is "NOT." Does anything else work?

~ Traft

There's nothing wrong with the 'no' prefix (try "norbert"). See my other post in this forum. http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=9652

n0
Dec 19, 2003, 11:48 AM
I posted somthing I thought was funny in the Comedy cafe, but it didn't work, so I tried to delete my topic. I got an error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: delete_thread() in /home/jazz2/public_html/jcf/editpost.php on line 727

Tik
Dec 21, 2003, 11:10 AM
I found a new bug.

When you go edit the first post in a thread and try to change its name, the name does not change on anything except inside the first post at the top where the thread's name is displayed. For an example, see my Festivus topic in Misc.

Trafton
Dec 21, 2003, 12:58 PM
I found a new bug.

When you go edit the first post in a thread and try to change its name, the name does not change on anything except inside the first post at the top where the thread's name is displayed. For an example, see my Festivus topic in Misc.
I don't think that is a bug. I believe that there is a period of time during which you can edit the title of your own topic. After that period expires, you can no longer edit your topic title as it displays on the forum view.

~ Traft

Tik
Dec 30, 2003, 10:21 PM
Minor bug. The tables are messed up on all of the sub-forum things:

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/forumdisplay.php?f=19

They appear to be a row off, or something.

KRSplat
Jun 19, 2004, 08:11 AM
In "Last Post" the Thread Starter column is labeled "Last Post" and the Last Post comumn has no label.

Tubz
Jun 19, 2004, 01:37 PM
--2 errors--
--Both errors for both JCF & J2O--

-Not really a vBulletin3 error: Sometimes I try to access the site, or www.jazz2online.com and it doesn't work
-After I finished posting and I scroll up to where it says the web of stuff like: Jazz Community Forums - General Jazz2 Talk - [Topic Name] & I click the forum GJ2T to go back, it appears as if I have never posted. So basically only on the main forums page (JCF Home), it will show that I posted. By when I click on the forum, the forum will show what the forum looked like before I posted....The posts won't actually show up until later, like this one

Trafton
Jun 19, 2004, 02:35 PM
--2 errors--
--Both errors for both JCF & J2O--

-Not really a vBulletin3 error: Sometimes I try to access the site, or www.jazz2online.com and it doesn't work
-After I finished posting and I scroll up to where it says the web of stuff like: Jazz Community Forums - General Jazz2 Talk - [Topic Name] & I click the forum GJ2T to go back, it appears as if I have never posted. So basically only on the main forums page (JCF Home), it will show that I posted. By when I click on the forum, the forum will show what the forum looked like before I posted....The posts won't actually show up until later, like this one
First error is hosting-related, second error is your cache in IE. Neither are VBulletin's fault.

Blaze The Movie Fan
Dec 5, 2004, 05:57 AM
Error then I make click the hotlink buttom on a text, then I do everything except the code will be removed automaticlly, that's really a bug that needs to be fixed.