Thread: The Conquistar
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Mar 21, 2003, 12:09 PM
lol, no characters that are here to stay, except maybe Tiger. Nobody .. you're so funny ... seriously, that's my sister, not me.

Fortunately, I do have some for you.

Radium looked away from the dazed Kiyrenin Tremol, and Crystal coolly stunned him again. He nodded to Copper, and rose to his feet.
"Largest moon of Tec, Rialli system," he said calmly. She nodded.
"That's a four hour hyperspace jump. Up to it?"
"Sure. That was the last one anyway. How's Acid?"
"Still trying to assimilate the info that Electrik might be his enemy next time they meet. You're a useful person to have around, Rad."
"Of course I am. So are you, for that matter. We all are. My skills are just more refined and varied."
"Sure they are. Let's go."
Radium followed her onto the Eclipse, 'remembering' Tremol's memory. He had not been aware that Tiger had been caught by the Kiyrenin. It was disheartening, to say the least.
He had met Tiger before. The swordsman had been quite skilled as a telekinetic. He was his own man, unwilling to follow anyone, to obey any orders, to accept any ideas beside his own. The fact that he had fought desperately, to the death as it were, rather than give in was characteristic of Tiger. Radium had not known that Tiger had led, and initiated, that trap.
If he had, he wouldn't have killed him. Not because he had some qualm about killing old acquaintances who were trying to kill new friends - he'd done it before - but because Tiger had been worth saving. Now he was left to wonder if he could have freed Tiger from the hold the Kiyrenin had on him, rather than killing him.
Another kind of freedom, death. A cruel one, that cannot be taken away, but is given freely ... don't dwell on it, Mage, or it'll eat you up ...

Copper didn't know what Radium had seen in that Kiyrenin's mind, but it had left him serious and pensive. He was preoccupied, as much as Acid, who was almost continually coming up with impossible schemes to rescue his elder brother. Copper didn't blame Acid - she'd considered a some improbable things as well.
In a way, Electrik's capture had bound her more tightly to this than Shinyso's. Shinyso could and had taken care of himself. He would recieve help when he asked for it, not before or after. But she had promised to keep Acid and Electrik safe.
She had failed. If it had only been Shinyso who they were after, she would probably have ignored the Kiyrenin. Now she could not.
Radium had indicated that they might want Crystal as well. That gave her another to worry about.
Unusual abilities ...
Claw had them. Crystal had them. Kaz even did. Radium, definitely. Even she possessed a powerful artifact, Shale (although she'd never become really attatched to the piece of metal, it did have useful qualities).
The only ones not in immediate danger were KRSplat, Defalcon and Acid - and KRSplat, of them all, possessed nothing the Kiyrenin could want. Defalcon had his blades, Acid his knowledge, KRSplat had nothing.
Good.
Even Evaluator was in danger. It wasn't very much, but it could qualify as danger. She didn't worry about Claw, Defalcon or Radium - they knew how to take care of themselves. Her job was to keep Acid safe and retrieve Shinyso and Electrik.
Largest moon of Tec, Rialli system. Well.
Let's go.
A moment later, and the Phantom Eclipse, once more the Assassin, blasted into hyperspace.

Ha ha, more later.