View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 3, 2001, 12:25 PM
Cosair looked hard at the computer. "If electricity is needed in a month, why are you telling me this NOW? I've heard of long warning, but this is ridiculous."

"With all due respect sir, you said our temporary home needed more electricity. That is invalid. I inserted the correct time of when electricity is required."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So, does your fabulous brain know why Kon-tar sent us out here?"

The computer, outdated by 3 years because Cosair didn't have the money for a newer model, rifled through its memory. This was a long process, usually giving Cosair some free time to enter something in the space log.

July 03:

According to the computer, electricity will be needed in a month. I question his logic, because we are on Tubelectric, but he was programmed by the top brains three years ago. I just wish I knew why Kon-tar needed a ship to go to Tubelectric for a month, and why he chose us. There are plenty of better pilots in the universe, with better computers. Well, the computer seems to have a readout. Over.

Coasir strode back over to the computer, and turned the speech input/output lever back on. He had turned it off so the computer would have more capability being spent on determining the reason of their being sent to Tubelectric.

"Kon-tar runs a large factory, specializing in computers. However, since he has gotten a deal from a small time company in the used car buisness, the number of illegal battle droids has gone up by 75%. I can not determine whether these are related without more data on the subject. The afore-mentioned battle droids only work if a large amount of Frangelite is placed in their head. Recent space surveys have revealed that Tubelectric is a planet with just the right enviroment to find Frangelite. All current data points to the conclusion that Kon-tar has sent us here to see if Frangelite is in the area."

Cosair leaned back in a chair he had built from a lot of spare junk laying around Tubelectric and whistled. "So, have your advanced scanners detected any Frangelite in the area?"

"Positive. There is a large amount of Frangelite, due-"

The computer's report was cut short when a giant electrical wall cut through the building's side. Cosair stared, as the computer fell to the ground singing "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do". Naturally he had read up on Tubelectric in the libraries back home but there had been no mention of giant, moving electrical walls! It had mentioned stationary electrical walls, but those had been all destroyed by a small green rabbit with floppy ears and a big gun. What was going on here?

Cosair ran out the door, just before the house caved in on itself. He looked around, and gasped. In the formerly reasonably tranqul landscape that has surrounded his dwelling, of sorts, more Electrical Walls and living Sparks were as far as his eye could see. Cosair got out his normal issued hand gun, blew away the scientific monsters on the path to his ship, and fled.

Kon-tar sat busily at his desk, shuffling through papers. His secretary's fact appeared on the view screen, looking scared. "Mr. Kon-tar, sir! The pilot you sent to Tubelectric, Cosair, he's come back and wants to see you!"

"Send him in."

Cosair walked in the door, before Kon-tar had turned off the video screen. "What happened?!?!? I was just talking with my computer, when a bunch of Spark like things and Electricity Walls attacked the building, and destroyed everything inside, including my computer! That computer and I have been through thick and thin together, and I want an explanation!"

Kon-tar looked startled. There, supposedly, where none of the fierce creatures Jazz and his brother, Spaz, had battled left on Tubelectric. The only way for more to have come there was... "Devan" he muttered, staring at Cosair.

Cosair looked back, his mind reeling. Devan was evil, he had read in the books of learning, and if he wanted Kon-tar's plans to stop, then that meant Kon-tar wasn't? Or if he was, then they were competitors? It was all too much for Cosair to understand, and he just went straight to the point. "Well, they destroyed my computer and a lot of personal belongings. For your sake, Kon-tar, I hope you have a good lawyer."

Kon-tar pulled out a instruction manuel for one of his models, and flaunted the back at Cosair. It read "This product supported by 10.000 lawyers, and the same with the maker". Cosair went away, angry.

Kon-tar thought about the news Cosair had brought him, and finally gave up figuring it out. There were only three creatures who knew enough about Devan to know what was going on, and he was not on good terms with the Jackrabbit siblings.