View Single Post

JCF Member

Baggers is doing well so far

Jun 27, 2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks man,
Didn't knew you were looking every 5 minutes!
Well ive got mailback so it popped up saying "Oi!...got a post."

I'll really do it tomorrow
Ok thats fine.

is Jazz3D getting the weapon system of JJ2 or the weapon system of ?JSZ¿ JazZz! ??
Im starting off with the standard stuff, but i do want to incorperate at least some of those ideas, they were cool.

Now, if you still want to see that full list of weapon types, weapons, ammo and updates (to see if it is hard to code or something), I can always PM it you
That would be great thanks !

yea, my system specs too...
Your specs are fine (I think that directX is the latest)

Next thing is the error message
Ok, it looks like you tried to move the file..why ?...please dont move or rename stuff as it will crash things...like the updater for one, also the self extracting archives the updator downloads are not for you to run, the only files you need to run are in the "game folders" and "Early Demo" folders... the next updater will make sure you dont have to execute the files yourself.
Id personaly advise deleting the mess you seem to have made (forgive me if im wrong !) and download the updater again...run it, itll tell you how many updates there are, click update and let it do the hard work, then go to the early demo folder and run the exe in there !

(This is the place where you have to say: "You're in the credits")
Hehe you quite possibly will be !

Oh yea, almost forgot: If you are starting creating bosses for your game
Ok this is how its going to work. Im going to get the engine running before i go to uganda...all the enemies and such wont be finshed, I cant ask my modelers to try and push out that much media, they do a great job and for free. However I will still be working on this from uganda, Jonny Ree is going to be my right hand man and is going to be making as much as he has time to (he's a busy lad !).
I will add more to the game itself and tool and make levels....but you havnt seen the real wonder im planning for Jazz !

Online multiplayer is now a definite !
Ive been dying to do it for some time and I think I may be able to. Ive started setting up the online scripts to handle server lists, logins, passwords and more...but the real gem is that Im making the game online modable...this means any level or music track or enemy you make for the game can be uploaded to my server, where it will be checked by a moderator and if suitable will become available for all users to download through their updater.
The updater itself is getting a huge make-over, and will be where you launch any area of jazz from (Jazz Single player, Jazz Level Editor, Jazz Enemy Editor, Jazz Multiplayer, etc)

This is what I dream for this project, a totaly sharable multiplayer experience. Or single player for those on lower bandwidth..doesnt mean you cant download the mods though !

Well thats what im working on, im praying i may be able to get the game engine and updater online before I go I will also have fixed the last bits of the editor.
I probably wont have multiplayer available when I leave but I may have the Mod uploading system working. Whatever is not working when I leave I will try to fix when I am in Uganda, you will have to have patience though as I will be a fulltime teacher out there too, so much less time to play with Jazz.

Hope you like my ideas as much as im looking forward to realising them.
Thanks