Thread: Sprite Rips
View Single Post
Ice M A N

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Feb 4, 2006, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith
Sprite sheets are more useful to work with manually when frames of a particular animation are grouped together and seperated from other animations -- like one animation sequence on a row. Optimizing your extraction for fangames to use would be different because you want to try to pack them in as tightly as possible, and also have a way to lookup the animation set, locations, sizes, and offsets for all of the frames. It might be best to let fangames deal with how to arrange that themselves. Maybe just make a text file with any of that data that exists in the j2a file. Background should be color index 0, I think. I don't know about padding between frames.

Windows Explorer now generates thumbnails for the bitmaps, which is nice. Paint still can't open them, but I suspect that's because it just doesn't support top-down bitmaps. They seem fine in most everything else.
OK. I'll take all of this stuff into account.

And note that I've located how to tell how to separate the sets of anims into sequences (e.g. instead of just the "dog" set, there is dog-attack and dog-walk... ), so that's a step in the right direction..

EDIT: and... I found a little bug in the code.. was incrementing a variable twice, so now I have roughly double the number of frames I had before (on the order of 6500..) (note that the jazz frames and heads I uploaded earlier are unaffected by this.. they're all there)

EDIT2: and thanks for the palette unknown. worked great.

Last edited by Ice M A N; Feb 5, 2006 at 10:48 AM.