View Single Post
Tachyon

JCF Member

Tachyon has disabled reputation

May 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafton View Post
Q: What lodging accomodations will be provided, and at what cost?
We will be staying at The Met Hotel, in New Westminster. A room costs CAD$400 per week, and parking is CAD$6 per night. Exact rates are to be determined, but should work out to about USD$25 per night per bed. The Met has mentioned that they will waive some costs associated with rolling beds, normally CAD$10/night, to lower these costs even more for those who want to stay 3 to a room. Costs might be slightly higher per night for those who are staying only a few nights. Even with this all considered, this is the cheapest meeting yet!

Q: What is the hotel's contact information?
A: The hotel is located at 411 Columbia Street, New Westminster. They can be reached by phone at 604-520-3815 or email at info@themethotel.com. They also have a web site, here.
When I've tried mailing the hotel at the above address it's bounced -- the address that worked for me was themethotel@shaw.ca.

I had written to them asking if they had wireless internet or DSL in the hotel rooms, and got this reply today:
There are two locations for a wireless signal. One is up on the 4th floor (our own signal), or, alot of our guests come to the lobby to use the signal provided by a games store next to our building.
Is this going to be like last year, where you got a block of rooms (if so, it sounds like they should be on the 4th floor, though Me/Elliot might prefer staying in the games store ) and then other people had to call and give credit-card info for them, or like the years before that where we had to call and reserve rooms ourselves? Another issue besides the 4th-floor business is that we would like to get one of the rooms with refrigerator and microwave.