View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jun 4, 2007, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Vancouver is relatively close to the ocean—are there any nice accessible beaches? What about bowling? I thought that was kind of fun last year.

Metrotown mall is where the arcade (CHQ) is, so we could probably have a combined mall/arcade trip. There's a movie theatre there too, right?

When I went to Vancouver last year I went to a night market in Chinatown. That was pretty neat.

Also, hiking—it didn't really work out in Seattle, but maybe we could try to get a hike in for those who want to?

Is anyone going to have a vehicle this time?
I'm not going to put in things like bowling, movies, arcades, etc, because frankly that kind of stuff can be done in any city, and I'd prefer to focus on more unique things. We can still do those activities, it's just that I don't think I need to list them at the moment. Suffice to say, the mall has everything you would expect a mall to have. There are two movie theatres, and it looks like that arcade you mentioned is in buisiness, though I don't go to arcades so I have never seen it myself.

We have a number of good beaches. Spanish banks is probably the best one, at least for everyone here...

The night markets are always fun. There's a big one in richmond, that's one of the things I forgot to add to the list.

Hiking didn't work out for seattle because there's no good hiking within an hour of the city. In Vancouver you just need to head up to the mountains, which are very close to the city itself.