View Single Post

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2007, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroo View Post
TSF is hard to find? Once again, this site's anti-piracy stance is hurting jazz and its community. It would be so easy letting people know where to get the correct version to play online. Then everyone will have the same version and it wouldn't "split" the community. Take a look at all the other games out there that are played online. Do you see games of different versions being hosted?
While I tend to agree, the owners of this site are wise not to endorse illegal activities for obvious reasons. The fact of the matter is that this site doesn't even need to host full copies of any version of the game in order for people to find it on their own. This should be common knowledge.

As for the split in the community, I'm not very active on JJ2 obviously but the TSF-based community and the 1.23-based communities are almost already separate simply based on location and time zone. If we were ever to unify the two it would be with a newer upgrade such as 1.25. And even then I doubt that support for 1.23 and TSF and even 1.21 would cease. Cutting them off would just worsen any 'split' anyway. And as has been said, there are tools for someone on one version to play against someone on another.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>