View Single Post
ShadeJackrabbit ShadeJackrabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

ShadeJackrabbit is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2007, 06:25 PM
Angry What ARE you talking about Kangaroo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroo
What obvious reasons? You really think epic is going to send lawyers after this site for some old game they no longer support and won't even host their own servers for? And I doubt the webhost even knows what jazz jackrabbit is. It SHOULD be common knowledge for people know where to find a certain version of the game. But I'm hearing things like "some people can't find this version of jazz so they would be split from the community".
They very well might. Jazz Jackrabbit is their copyright and they have every right to prevent or endorse it's distribution. I don't like it, and you don't need to, but it's the law. If they want to make a JJ2 on Xbox Live Arcade, do you think people will buy it again, or download the "legal because of different laws" version? (This sounds kinda weird, but I'm saying if the laws were different Epic could lose lot's of money.)

Quote:
It is a fact that at this point, everyone has access to 1.23 and 1.24. Don't use this site's pointless "warez policy" to deny it.
NOT TRUE. If you don't have hi-speed, it takes forever to download either. Plus, it's illegal, and some people still have something called a conscience, ya know?

Quote:
I don't why people would be so determined to stick to their own version.
Because we (some) still have morals, and won't throw them away so easily.

Quote:
Do you 1.23 jazzers feel so proud of using 1.23 that it would be too much to ask of you to make a few clicks to upgrade to 1.24? If you had to update to play online, would you quit jazz and then cry in the corner because the community is "trying to bring you down"?
Well, I don't play online, but yeah, I probably would.

Quote:
As for 1.25, it's been anticipated for a long time and may never happen because you can't see the source code. If 1.23 jazzers have to update to 1.25, then that means they'll have everything 1.24 jazzers have, so they might as well update to 1.24 now.
This is where I thought: "Shut up and do research." 1.25 would make fixes to 1.23 AND 1.24, therefor being an actual different version than 1.24. 1.25 was never meant to be a "free" 1.24. Get your facts straight and then lay this (-) on us.

Stop talking sense, this is an internet argument. ~Doubble Dutch