View Single Post
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Dec 30, 2007, 03:20 PM
Violet's level looks amazing, and Xobim's is good too, just needs a bit of work. The background firstly, it catches my eye, but it kinda looks wrong, generally darker backgrounds work better with this set. Also, this is a useful comparison for you, as you can refer to Violet's for ideas to see why his might look better. I'm not saying yours is bad, I'm just saying, with a bit of work, it can look better than Violet's. I'm not saying copy Violet's work either, I'm just saying try to see what his has that yours lacks.

One reason as to why his might look better, is that the leaves are inappropriately placed on yours, where as they are placed very cleverly on violet's (even though I spot tilebugs in his and not yours). Violet's level also has pickups and monsters, they can always make the level look more lively. I think what really goes wrong there, is the background, it should be dark in my opinion, but then again, others may like it.

Take no notice of what I'm saying if it bothers you, but I guess criticism usually helps. (Other than what I said, everything looks fairly in order, (Very good)). Violet's also using the IC version of the set, which has more EC to offer, so try using that instead of the Epic one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
wow that has never ever been done before!
Also, in referance to this, long time ago, I made a Scraparap and Megairbase thing (JJ1 levels in JCS for JJ2). I wonder if I still have them. -rumages through old stuff-