View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 30, 2007, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
Violet's also using the IC version of the set, which has more EC to offer, so try using that instead of the Epic one.
I am NOT. The IC version doesn't even offer that palette as one of its versions.

Quote:
Also, in referance to this, long time ago, I made a Scraparap and Megairbase thing (JJ1 levels in JCS for JJ2). I wonder if I still have them. -rumages through old stuff-
That would be nice... the non-Turtle Terror planets don't get nearly enough conversion love.

Anyway, a lot of the comparison between the two screenshots is a bit off because one is inside a cave and the other is outside... here's a shot of something closer, though unfortunately it's the daytime palette.

Moving beyond the fact that my leaves still have tile bugs... notice that they resist the urge to be squared off, and go for more curvy, random shapes. Also there's a lot of variation in the exact leaf tile, though you're good at that in all but the smallest cluster. Also I throw as many tiles as I can pretty much all over the screen in hopes that they'll look good. Jungle makes this easy as the tileset is naturally beautiful - the hanging leafy things that can have DANGER signs on them are good candidates for making anything look more interesting. Then there are also background layers, trees and bushes and things - if possible, use them.
As for the background, it's not so much that it's dark, I think, as blue just doesn't make SENSE there. The skies are red in Jungle Night. Why would they fade to blue? It's a very pretty blue, but it doesn't work in that context.
I'm liking the bottom right corner of your shot. It looks complex, which is good. I'm a little concerned because I know the text sign masking is screwed up, but hopefully you found some way around that.