View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Feb 22, 2009, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
Also a nice possible addition would be a reinforcements system for certain gamemodes sim ilar to that seen in Unreal Tournament 2004. Essentially instead of you spawning whenever the host sets a reinforcements time (usually 7-14 seonds) and instead of people spawning when ready all people to die in the last 7-14(or whatever its set at) seconds respawn all at once.
Personally I'd rather have a system like this based on the level or server settings, but not the game mode. I've wanted to add a spawn delay for a while now, but it's not that simple and it gets awkward for players not using JJ2+. For those reasons I think you're best off making your own system through JCS for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
BlurredD, would you fix the little bug when the player captured the flag message appears before the Pregame ended message (Or maybe it was meant to be like that?). I do realise it's nothing important, just pointing it out.
This shouldn't be happening too often assuming the server you're in isn't too laggy, and even if it does it shouldn't be that confusing. I don't plan on fixing this soon as it will likely be fixed after I redo a lot of JJ2's net code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I've seen people spam with join packets, causing a flood with player joined/left the game messages. Most of those kids use Cracco Clan's games in progress script, I believe. Would you happen to know a way to prevent this?
I plan to make a system to prevent spamming from all types of packets eventually.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.