View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jun 11, 2009, 03:10 PM
I think that would be a good user option actually (like wallclimbing on/off). I personally like how the capture messages are set apart from kill messages, but I can see how other people might not like that.

On that topic, I've also thought that maybe the colouring would work a bit better if it was tweaked a little. Basically right now, stuff to do with the blue flag appears in blue, stuff to do with the red flag appears in red. That's fine, but what if it was made so stuff that was good for the blue team was in blue, and stuff good for the red team was in red? For example, if I'm red:

I capture the blue flag (message appears in red).
I lose the blue flag (message appears in blue).
I score a point (message appears in red).
Enemy loses the red flag (message appears in red).

The reason for this is it would probably make the stuff a bit easier to "track", because if you see a message in the opposite colour of your team then you know it's something bad.

Here's another random idea: what if the captured/lost the flag/scored messages appeared in yellow (instead of red) and turquoise (instead of blue)? Those colours are fairly "similar" to red and blue, and that would make them REALLY easy to see, and they are obviously the most important messages of the game. That might be going a bit overboard, I don't know. It would definitely make them stand out from chat.

You could even combine the two suggestions for extreme change! Of course, that's what user options are better for...