View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 14, 2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
I have the chat bug and will often end up saying " \ ∞∞ @ " or something of that nature. It happens in both team chat and normal chat, and occasionally happens multiple times in a row if I try to say what I actually meant again. If I hold down backspace long enough, it usually stops, although sometimes the symbols are created too fast and it ends up sending a message even when I'm holding down backspace. I'm not sure as to why this occurs, and I can't figure out anything in particular that causes it. It seems to happen whether t is the only key pressed at the time, or if I also have an arrow key or jump or something also pressed.
This is the bug which blur is talking about.

Another thing which happens is you sometime see strings of numbers. eg
Code:
EvilMike: 4          4            2                     22 2         4
The reason for this is jj2 has a weird bug with some people, where it stores keystrokes in a buffer and then dumps it all when the chat prompt (or any other prompt) appears in-game. This includes numbers (for changing weapons), shift (which is why you sometimes get numbers, and sometimes symbols), and spaces (often used for shooting or jumping). It even includes line breaks, if you use enter to change your weapon.