View Single Post

JCF Member

Ceekur is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
If you want to play at higher resolution, you'd have to use Neobeo's program with your copy of 1.23. I can't help with setting it manually though.

Thanks. Interesting program.

I placed it in the folder of JJ2+, then ran it. It seems to "detect" JJ2+ 1.23 right away, and runs that version of the game, while running itself. So it does work, but in every level the background's missing, only character sprites and interactive game elements are visible (which also smears onto the missing background), even within the original resolutions. I also used Plusifier on the Exe, which didn't change anything.

Sometimes trying to start a new game (basically accessing the menus) at a resolution higher than 640x480 causes a memory access error, and in general, this program seems to be very prone to crashing from memory access violations randomly. The original Plus never crashes this way, so I know it isn't one of my settings.

Would you know if I could talk to the guy who made this to ask about it (or if you know what I'm doing wrong, so I can solve this), or if there is another trustworthy program that has custom resolutions?

Thanks again..