View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jul 20, 2011, 12:44 PM
Two Games Joined presents: FIX0RS TEH JAZZ JACKRABBIT!!! (official thread)

I've remained mostly silent for the past few month with my works, and now I'm going to tell you guys why.

After pushing the rest of my projects to the back shelf for a while, I managed to focus on what was closest to accomplish, and now my first full-length music album, FIX0RS TEH JAZZ JACKRABBIT!!! is nearing completion! And what's most important, it's a Jazz Jackrabbit-dedicated work, a concept album AND a video game remix album based on the third game in the series, known informally as Jazz Jackrabbit Advance!

I know most of you are very negative when it comes to this particular game, but let me explain myself. I just felt that while the weakest of the bunch, this game deserves a little love too. The most I could do was make the music seem on par with that from the rest of the series. I did my best to expand both on the game's songs and squeeze out all I could from their simple, yet catchy melodies, as well as on the story. The way I approached it with the album's lyrics is very introspective, and does not follow the events as much as it does Jazz's possible thoughts on them.

...There is also a second thread of meaning to the lyrics. Remember when I used to call myself simply Jazz? (and later on, JaZz!, because clearly that was way more original :P) Yeah, back in the old days, when JSZ was still around, I just started to play online and place myself in the community... As a teenager, I took this moniker because I felt to be similar to the character in a few ways. As much as I've grown out of this, it is now truer than ever, because this album is just as much about GBA's Jazz as it is about myself and what I had gone through in the last few years. I know it sounds crazy and improbable, but trust me when I say it works! The concept here is done in a way that makes the songs possible to identify with, and I believe it does so for many people; it's a story of change, of leaving things behind to make place for new ones, and also a story of anxiety and regret. In a way, it could even reflect this whole community...

Music-wise, well... If you remember my demo EP, I'll tell you this - it's almost nothing like it. Made of Hate was done in a few weeks in late 2008, but on FIX0RS, I have been working as long as since 2007. Remember the two songs I posted on J2O back then, Gone Advanced and A Prisoner Out? Well, they're both here, as tracks 1 and 2, though obviously they've changed a bit. There's a lot of things going on the whole album, there's heavy stuff, melodic stuff, there's rock, breakbeat, disco, metal, jazz, electro-orchestral music, one song even sounds like tribal though it's really something much different. It all blends together well though. Even if you won't like a song or two, there's still a high chance that you may love the other ones.

So, right now I'm finishing the writing process. I still need to complete two songs, and there's many things I want to fix, change or experiment with. Regardless, I've already talked with Luigi Elettrico about recording and mixing the album - we will do it in September. It's settled, unless something really bad happens. When that's done, I will decide on a release date. But I'm going to soothe the wait and share some of the work during the time left. Right now I don't have much, but I'll have gathered my recording equipment by the beginning of August and start recording proper demos right after that.

Ask questions if you wish, but I can't guarantee I will answer them right away.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)