Thread: The Conquistar
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Mar 5, 2003, 12:20 PM
Coppertop is here.
You're right, Eval's really missing out. I wonder if he knows I'm putting him in ... he's a very useful character.
And yes, I remembered Shinyso ... how could I forget him?

Shonar glanced up as a tall figure stopped in the doorway. He nodded once in acknowledgement before turning back to the task at hand. He was figuring out a way through a new security system with the occasional not-so-helpful comments from Evaluator. It was a complex program that matched DNA traces to those in its memory banks. If the samples didn't match, the alarm went off. If the DNA did match, a code was required. The only problem was, the memory was easily accessible. Tap into the files, alter them, and he was home free.
Copper waited silently as he finished his work. Once done, he turned.
"Coppertop. You're late. I'd begun to think you weren't coming."
"No chance of that, Shonar. Got anything for me?"
"Maybe. Ever heard of the Kiyrenin?"
"No."
"Neither have I. Theirs is the first security system I've come across that I cannot break."
"I see. They got anything to do with our mystery?"
"Maybe. I don't know. Like I said, their records are closed to me. Maybe, maybe Evaluator can get in there, but I doubt it. If this wasn't so important, I'd be spending more time on the Kiyrenin system."
- I did get something out of them, - Evaluator asserted, words flickering on the console. Shonar sighed.
"Yes, you did, but it's an incomplete puzzle. Pieces - big pieces - are missing."
- It is extremely likely that they are behind the attack on you as well, Coppertop. -
"Well, that's something. What else do you know?"
Shonar made a face. "They're extraordinarily interested in Shador, but I don't know why. My guess is, there's something there that they want, bad."
Defalcon listened with interest. Patience, never his strong point, was essential here.
Crystal cleared her throat pointedly, and Shonar glanced at her. "Would someone mind explaining?" she asked quietly. Copper said, "I'll tell you later."
Shonar shook his head. "There's nothing more. Maybe when we know more, but for now it's an even bigger mystery than when we started out."
"Well, we might find a bit more out when we go to Shador," Copper said. Defalcon started.
"We're headed for Shador?"
"Yep. If there's something there that these Kiyrenin want, and they're truly dangerous, they shouldn't have it."
- I agree. In fact, I'll go with you. I can go places you can't. -
"Okay. Keep working on that Kiyrenin thing - make it your priority."
"Got it. I don't need Eval's help right now anyway."
"Good. I'll contact you later."

Acid, I think we'll meet you in the Tavern KRSplat's in, and Kaz is too. Radium, you'll come along later. On Shador, I think ...