View Single Post
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Mar 21, 2009, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD View Post
If a powerup requires EBs to get it, I support placing those EBs on the other side of the level. I support any idea that encourages players to use the entire level.
I'm beginning to shy away from this whole idea altogether now. Personally, I think powerups should be easy to get, as that adds to the whole fun of it, rather than making it frustrating. I'm beginning to stop placing powerups in walls now, unless there is a way of getting it both manually and cleverly with electro blasters.

While I also encourage usage of the entire level, I really think if you want to place a powerup in the wall, place the way of getting it nearby (in this case EBs), because that way it's less annoying. Another really annoying thing is when you see the powerup and think, "ooh I should get that." So then you make all the effort to run along and get the gun, and then you come back and it's gone. While one can argue that you should have gotten the EBs in the first place, it's still kinda less fun, or even so, if there's only one place with EBs, someone can just be annoying and camp it just to spite people who want the powerup or something. Okay, call me random and a bit crazy but still.

Another really annoying thing is that you only get +20 of the powerup if you get it from the wall, and if you already have the gun, it's not even any more. I find this, in most levels, to be a rediculously low amount of ammo to be able to barrage enough to do something useful. Yeah, I may waste my ammo, but I think it's more fun that way too.

Again, my theories on fun are possibly wrong, as my levels aren't the most popular.

I'd just like to add: I hate peppermints, while I think they're good for chasing and if youre clever enough you can do it up hill too, but you need to adjust that. If only there was a way of doing it while like, holding up and running at the same time. However EBs, they are truly a great gun as their possibilities are just really cool if used/applied right. You can shoot through walls; but think about what may be behind the wall... A camp-spot, a carrot which may drop down making it easier for you to get from your current location, a powerup which someone may have been about to kick. I'd probably change my opinion on these two guns critically if they both had the possibility of doing two damage powered up. They'd be probably amongst my favourite guns, though I dunno if I'll still favour RFs, as I tend to RF hop while I'm chasing, to gain speed and get closer and stuff.

This post is pointless.