View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jul 2, 2009, 08:02 AM
I don't really mind periodic camping if it serves as a temporary option for defense. I am really starting to dislike levels that players can camp almost all the time. It's boring, frustrating and cowardly. In fact, I'm starting to dislike battle1 for this reason.

I agree on the defense/counter defense being as balanced as possible, but I disagree on a minimum of 3 routes to base. I believe a minimum of 2 routes is all you need, then again it all depends on the design of the level. Generally, it seems most players like levels where they can gain an upper hand and take control. Often taking control means there will be a lot of limitations in the level, which means camping will take place.

Another thing that's on my mind is toastering ammo, carrots or other items below floors. In some levels you can take items out of the game. I don't see a real problem with it, since if you do this, it also affects you and not just your opponent(s). So does anyone see this as a problem, or is it another "DON'T USE SHIELDS" or "DON'T EXPLOIT THE CTF BUG"?

Last edited by FireSworD; Jul 2, 2009 at 08:17 AM.