View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Sep 20, 2010, 06:46 AM
"Hmm... what's that? A noob wants some help in that thread? Well, first I'll negrep him for being such an idiot, and now I'll write an answer. Haha, I'll get some easy reputation."

"Hey, I'm being negrepped? Hmm, I think it's that guy, he doesn't like me. Okay, I'll negrep him as well, I just need to search for some stupid post of him."

"Wtf, that guy here has a lot of rep and I don't even remember his nickname. He surely doesn't deserve it."

"Looks like the rep of my friend is too low. He surely has some decent posts for which I can give him some points."

"He thinks he's funny? Oh well, I'm not laughing - negrep."

"I'll leave my nickname in the positive rep reason. He'll feel that he should rep me back as well."

They're just some random thoughts I think some people could have. I myself try not to really care about this whole new system. When it started, I was even quite happy that something really new happens just a while after I joined this great community. I saw that a lot of good quality posts are now appearing and I was pressing that nice button of "I approve" next to the most of them. I noticed a lot of posts are talking about this new feature now, though. Complaining about receiving some bad reputation and "I'll surely get negrepped for this post but...". I felt that a lot of freedom is lost and people are scared of posting not to lose the precious points. I've read posts of some seemingly angry people. The overall quality of posts was worse and worse with every day. As well as the atmosphere which was so nice before, when I was visiting no reputation JCF. And now, the first such serious explosion. Although I think and I hope that Snooze won't leave the whole community ("never posting/visiting this forum again"), I still find it a great loss for JCF. I can easily imagine a lot more people leaving in this or a more quiet way in the future.

Obviously, in this way I vote for disabling this feature.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.