View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2015, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
So, I stand by my position that there's not a substantial difference between someone making you a feature in C++ vs. someone making you the same feature in AngelScript. [...] So if you'd be interested in chatting, let me know. I've got nothing scheduled today. But the reality, unfortunate or not, is that features that can be implemented in AS are less likely to be implemented directly in JJ2+ at this point, because that's in part why we added AS in the first place. (Gamemodes are admittedly somewhere in-between, because there's not currently a working framework for true custom gamemodes in AS, but you can come pretty close... stuff like Bank Robbery and Assassination only took JCS, after all!)
Thanks for the offer! However, the next 3-4 weeks I'll be busy because they're the last school days of this semester (or half-year, I dont know how you call it in English) and I will be pretty much busy everyday, even on weekends. Add me on Skype so whenever I feel like asking you a question about anything I will. If I get some free time, I'll attemp programming something, or I don't know, at least to know how AngelScript works. I'm still wondering what's the purpose of that "delete.me" file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMoNsTeRXM View Post
What if I tell you I am just 11 and go here on the snippets page of JJ2+: Snippets. And you can see I made some snippets, most of the code I made by myself, I just got a little bit of help from my brother.
Then you must be some kind of genius, because as I said in my previous posts I was (awfully) programming when I was 11 too. Or you could also be lying, and that "little bit of help" from your brother could be a slightly larger help. Lying or not, good for you.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz