View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 11, 2006, 12:27 PM
Wow, sorry, I keep forgetting this exists. I'll try to up the replyage a bit.

I let go of the tear-shaped crystal and let it roll back towards the middle of the room. The spike that had impaled me shot back down into the ground and those barring the door retracted back into the ceiling.
"I heard muffled gargly coughs of death," Uberbob's voice called from the doorway, "are you okay?" I tried to respond, but I seemed to have lost my ability to speak. I internally debated whether life with Uberbob was still worth living.
"I'm no expert, but I'd say he's dying," Araches said, a hint of loathing in her voice. "Go get Fooru-"
A sudden exclamation cut her off. "Poof!" Araches and Uberbob both turned around to find Fooruman standing in his canoe, striking a dramatic stance.
"Oh, hi," Uberbob greeted the wizard while I lay bleeding on the ground, "fix Faw. He looks more injured than usual."
The wizard raised the canoe paddle high over his head and bellowed towards the ceiling "By the powers invested in me, the high Lord of Gondor, and in the name of the Seven Fruity Flavors... I now pronounce you HEALED!" He brought the paddle down and smacked me hard on the head with it, which didn't make me feel much better. "Oh, right, apologies, Madam," the wizard said as he began shaking the paddle vigorously until it glowed bright white with arcane power, then proceed to smack me with it again. Oddly enough, though, this time I felt better.
I carefully got back on my feet, trying to wipe the blood off my shirt and failing. "Oh. Thanks, Fooruman."
"It was my pleasure, my lady. And the canoe's. However, I feel as though I must advise you to be more careful in the future when you attempt things that will inevitably end in your painful death, as it would seem to you that it seems to me that my arcane powers are not omnipowerful today, yet."
"He means you can only go getting injured so long as we have healing magic left," Araches translated, looking a bit disgusted at having actually understood the archmage. "What's gotten into you, Faw? You've been using yourself as a guinea pig. We have Uberbob for that."
"Yeah," the gray rabbit said, throwing his arm around Araches' shoulders, "see? Someone still has confidence in my leadership abilities." Araches pried Uberbob's arm off from around her and backed away to the other side of the room.
"Don't worry," I encouraged, "I saved before we came in here."
The sorceress looked perplexed. "You saved?"
"Yeah. There was a save point back at the Birdclaw Mansion." It wasn't rocket science.
"How is that supposed to work?"
"Well, if we die, I guess time resets back to the save point. Have you ever heard of Quantum Suicide? I imagine it's kind of like that. As far as we can tell, we'll never be defeated."
"Sooo... you plan to solve this puzzle through excessive trial and error until finally, perhaps in some remote universe, you finally succeed on your first try? And meanwhile, if this happens to be one of those failed universes where you do die, we're down one healer and all die miserable, painful deaths from either traps, attack, or starvation?"
"Yeah. Well, it sounded better when I explained it."
"Awesome. I'm going to go check up on the girls." With that, Araches left the room.
Uberbob, who had remained fairly quiet through our conversation on save points, finally commented. "I don't think she likes you. You should try to act more like me." I cast him a soul-piercing glare and he smiled and waved back.

Also, whoever asked about spells: Faw usually has Heal, Raise, Defender, and Animate Dead, but the Heal is currently used up. As is the canoe's Heal.

Inventory

Code:
Broken PDA Foodbars Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Spear First-Aid Kit Pen and Sketchbook Lock of Foo Hair Book of Canadian Runes Blackraptor FAX Random Machine Parts Sleeping Bag Crystal