View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Dec 4, 2006, 03:46 PM
Only stupid people look into lights D=.

It was a nice, well-lit place with a smooth ground, except for the rock. It was just sitting there, being a rock. Existing in a place otherwise devoid of small rocks. It might be kind of nice to pick up.
"No!" exclaimed my Superego, "Shuri, you can't pick up a rock! Only Uberbob would pick up rocks. Even Fawriel only picked up shiny rocks."
"But Shuri," my Id retorted, "this rock could be direly important. So few other things around here are pocket-sized."
If it had arms, my Superego would have crossed them. "It's not pocket sized. Her pockets are too small; it wouldn't fit."
"I bet it would. Pick it up and try, Shuri," Id urged.
"Don't Shur! It's a trap! He wants you to pick up the rock!"
"Yes, I kind of caught onto that," I responded. "What about ego? What does she have to say?"
Ego piped up. "This is way over my head."
"Ego, you suck."
"I still firmly believe you should leave the rock," Superego concluded. "Think of your reputation! Think of your sanity!"
"Actually," I pointed out, "I'm having a vivid four-sided conversation with the Freudian repsentation of my personality. I think sanity isn't a valid argument."

"SHURI!!" Uberbob screamed in my ear.
"What? What is it?"
"You've been standing there for two minutes. Are you okay?"
"Oh.. yeah, fine. Just.. taking a nap."
"With your eyes open?"
"I'm that badass." I noticed Uberbob was holding the rock. "You picked up the rock?"
"Yeah. I'm going to carry it in case we need it later."
"Oh. Okay, cool." I sighed with relief of a problem solved.

As soon as we got bored with the shiny light went back to the pipe and took a left. Disappointingly, it simply led to another dead end and broken pipe.

Last edited by Radium; Dec 4, 2006 at 05:18 PM.